Prediction Moving Forward - What happens now

Remove this Banner Ad

More like 5. Tippett was worth two first rounders at the time.
We also lost 2x firsts and 2x seconds, traded out Vince for an early second (Matt crouch).

We'd have an additional 4x first round picks and 2 second round picks on our list if we hadn't stuffed Tippetts contract.

I still cannot comprehend how we accepted those sanctions; they're blatantly, incredibly excessive.

More like 5. Tippett was worth two first rounders at the time.
We also lost 2x firsts and 2x seconds, traded out Vince for an early second (Matt crouch).

We'd have an additional 4x first round picks and 2 second round picks on our list if we hadn't stuffed Tippetts contract.

You are right. And that is one of the reason why I don't believe the club is being run by morons. Like some people here seem to believe.
It cannot all be by sheer luck that we managed to play in finals the last two years.

You are right. And that is one of the reason why I don't believe the club is being run by morons. Like some people here seem to believe.
It cannot all be by sheer luck that we managed to play in finals the last two years.
Who said the club is run my morons? Is this another case of you distorting what's actually being said to suit your opinion? That's 3 times I've busted you doing it, if I read all of your posts how many more are there?

Didn't we suggest them or something like that?

In any case we should have surrendered a single first round pick in 2012. That's it.

No. We volunteered to stay out of the first and second round for that year. AFL decided after, that our failure was so great that we should lose 2lots of first and second rounds, fine us -I think- $500k, ban our sport manager for 6 months but, to make all the above more palatable to us supporters, they decided to ban our CEO for six months also.

Delisted: van berlo, jaensch, lowden (given), grigg, Henderson, Shaw (probable)

Traded: Lyons

Upgraded: O'Brien, keath

Delisted free agent: Barlow

Picks: #13, #43, #53, #67 including jarman as father & son.

Who said the club is run my morons? Is this another case of you distorting what's actually being said to suit your opinion? That's 3 times I've busted you doing it, if I read all of your posts how many more are there?

Ohh, C'mon EC. You don't think that by saying the club screwed up by giving away Danger for less than he was worth, saying that they are no good at keeping or getting high class players, not being capable of getting Gibbs at the right price, fuc...g up every selection and playing (your pet hate) Thommo, DMack and Douglas, is not calling the people that run the club morons, I don't know what to tell you.

Jesus - chill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it but I would upgrade Greenwood instead of Keath.
Yeah, I gave that some thought.

I went for keath as cover for Shaw as we only have him & ottens as backup tall defenders. Gives us 2 options.

I figure if we need Greenwood, we would have had an injury run & would be able to upgrade him for a long term injury...As we have more cover in the midfield.

Ohh, C'mon EC. You don't think that by saying the club screwed up by giving away Danger for less than he was worth, saying that they are no good at keeping or getting high class players, not being capable of getting Gibbs at the right price, fuc...g up every selection and playing (your pet hate) Thommo, DMack and Douglas, is not calling the people that run the club morons, I don't know what to tell you.

You don't know what to tell him

There is an oceans difference between not good enough and moronic

The only way to argue they are doing well is to argue they are working to completely different objectives, as many people fear

You just did it again

Rumours of Barlow heading to Adelaide,if true Barlow will be more than a handy inclusion to your guys midfield unit.He was simply outstanding once Lyon allowed MB to play as an inside midfielder.
Why didn't you give him a contract?

If we get Barlow, with the intention to play him, then we will make liars of ourselves.

Didn't we suggest them or something like that?

In any case we should have surrendered a single first round pick in 2012. That's it.

Apparently.

Nothing will ever convince me that we didn't bargain with them to protect the wrong 'assets.'

So 11 in this other 2

At 32 do you think he is more or less likely to improve his strike rate?
Yes its true, he had pretty decent achilies issues. Not denying that. Would it be a gamble? Yep.
Do we need to make a few calls like that? Yep.

Do I back our medical staff? Yeah they seem to be pretty good of late.

So the question theb becomes we gave him a medical and rejected would I accept that? Yep. I doubt we even enquired.

I'd take 9 Daniel wells games over 20 of Scott Thompson. Wells for our finals campaign would be amazing.
He was the kangaroos best against us, imagine If he played for us...

Would become our one of our most damaging players instantly. Quick, skillful, doesn't shirk a contest and stands up when he is needed.

We could play him off the half back and not depend on him, call on him when needed in the middle.

Bennel, Balic, Tucker etc
Edit : Blakely, Weller

Rebuild.....
If the rumour is true and he comes here, how do we reconcile him and Thommo and the need for organic growth? It doesn't make any sense except for of course that the term organic growth was spawned from a think tank trying to come up with ways to excuse our trading period.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back