• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got any thoughts on our potential for a low crowd figure this week?

Thursday night, wet weather forecast and the Socceroos kick off their must win game against Denmark less than 2 hours after the Eagles game kicks off.

I'm forecasting an influx of Dockers supporters on our board Friday.

Thursday night, wet weather forecast and the Socceroos kick off their must win game against Denmark less than 2 hours after the Eagles game kicks off.

Essendon has a big Perth following, would be surprised if it’s less than 45k

Definitely. I gave my tickets to a colleague because I don't want to miss any of the WC match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, I think our equal AFL record run of 50,000+ consecutive games (in a season) will falter.
Can't see 50k getting there on a wet Thursday - hope I'm wrong!
A wet Thursday with none of the usual bus services to the game, pedestrian bridge still not open, and clashing with the Socceroos is almost the perfect storm of crowd-killing factors. Only thing that's a positive is that it is the Bombers and not the Suns/Giants. Not expecting a big crowd. Don't really care either. It's only a matter of time before that 50k streak is broken. I'm looking forward to this one.

Any idea how long it will take me to get to the ground from Leederville....train to city and then Armadale line to the stadium....will all the trains be full by the time they get to Leederville and just keep going? First time getting the train to games, normally use bus.......any advice appreciated....Would a taxi be a better option?

Any idea how long it will take me to get to the ground from Leederville....train to city and then Armadale line to the stadium....will all the trains be full by the time they get to Leederville and just keep going? First time getting the train to games, normally use bus.......any advice appreciated....Would a taxi be a better option?
Trains into the city will be no busier than any other game; peak hour goes the other way. Once you're in the city, you'll be fighting workers to get on the train but the Armadale line is never genuinely packed. I imagine you would get on the first train both times.

Once you get to the City station they have put on Shuttle buses that leave from the City Station to Optus Stadium ...I think its just on the way to the stadium for tonight's game only . You have a choice of an available train or the Shuttle buses from the city .

Once you get to the City station they have put on Shuttle buses that leave from the City Station to Optus Stadium ...I think its just on the way to the stadium for tonight's game only . You have a choice of an available train or the Shuttle buses from the city .

I think those shuttle buses run from Elizabeth Quay station, not Perth central station. Or maybe they run from both.

Back