WA
QLD
VIC
TAS
NSW
NT (first time ever)

and soon SA

GET THE HINT ????????

Having lived thru' the 1950's - when sectarianism and benign racism were rife and we lost an opportunity to become a really interesting place by being ' relaxed and comfortable' in our WASPish and sycophantic ways - I know EXACTLY where Howard's coming from. His body language shows it all, when he's outside his cultural comfort zone - he really just wants to hang out with Bob Menzies and the cricketers in the Old Country, and reintroduce Blue Hills and Sunday roasts.

My only hope is that, after the 50's came the 60's ( inevitably ! ) as a massive reaction against greyness and boredom, and this will happen again. And we'll all look back to this time and think, as we did before, what a waste that was. We could have actually been doing something with this place.

Originally posted by 1AD
The Coalition have lost power in:

WA
QLD
VIC
TAS
NSW
NT (first time ever)

and soon SA

GET THE HINT ????????

They lost power in the ACT last week. Nice to see everybody has forgotten already. We Have.

Originally posted by Frodo

Not to mention his incompetence, lack of coherent policy, negativity and dull persona.
... and that whining, hectoring voice.

I'm no great fan of the current Libs but the thought of Labor with their paws in the public purse makes my blood run cold. The last time I voted Labor was in Bob Hawke's first term. 12 months later I realised my mistake.

Beazley goes on about Costello, but I worry more about those old comrades Crean and Brereton.

If only Labor would promise everyone a job they might win me over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back