Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Darwinism is a hell of a thing. I have little to no sympathy for those too stupid to have a self preservation instinct.

Oh, he had a self-preservation instinct, it just was based on the assistance of the invisible sky wizard* instead of science.

*hey, i'm religious. I just believe God is kind of a hands-off deity. She's definitely sitting back and picking sides in basketball games when she gets called upon though.

(check out the Kevin Smith movie Dogma for probably the best cinematic interpretation of Catholicism)

I’m kind of inclined to think the government acted on medical advice on this one. The fact most of our issues came in through the US back door is just because the US were also caught on the hop. We were looking “East” and forgot to look “West”. Rather than a racist thing.

Except looking at the yellow/brown people first is a natural instinct.

Look no one disputes the virus spread did not start in China

But by the time the Chineese started their mass building projects overnight, containment was done and dusted.

It didn’t take a genius to recognize that.

So if you truly wanted to mitigate it then it behooved each country to shut it all down.

Yet, Australia let Americans in and America let Europeans in.

Why is that?

It is because the countries instincts were to shut off those not like themselves first.

I grabbed a PS4 copy when it first came out.

I think it's okay, it's definitely better than the first Evo game.

For me the first AFL Live that came out in the PS3/360 era is still the best AFL game to come out in the last 15 years.
Bah.

I remember some AFL game back in the late 90’s where if you could literally start a fight with another player. When in fight mode, button x, y and z were ‘jab, uppercut and headbutt’ respectively.

Bring it back !!!!!!

Don't rent to people without something resembling an asset base.
This is what one of my managers is like but it tends to reduce the amount of tenants considerably and my property sits untenanted with being too picky.
It may be better to drop the rent for a period while the s**t is happening. Probably better than courts and arguments chasing tenants for money for years.

Oh, he had a self-preservation instinct, it just was based on the assistance of the invisible sky wizard* instead of science.

*hey, i'm religious. I just believe God is kind of a hands-off deity. She's definitely sitting back and picking sides in basketball games when she gets called upon though.

(check out the Kevin Smith movie Dogma for probably the best cinematic interpretation of Catholicism)
Despite being a child of the 90's and watching most of Kevin Smith's movies, I really don't like his style at all. Still, I'd love to show Dogma to my fundamentalist Catholic step mother just for the lols.

But by the time the Chineese started their mass building projects overnight, containment was done and dusted.

So if you truly wanted to mitigate it then it behooved each country to shut it all down.

Why is that?

It is because the countries instincts were to shut off those not like themselves first.
Are you sure they weren’t just shutting down hotspots as they appeared. The US was behind the rest of the European countries. It went from a couple of countries to a total shutdown within a few days from memory.

We dont have the water for growing cotton and rice in Australia.
Its ludicrous we do.
Don't know if I misheard/misunderstood but a farmer from the Adelaide Hills was telling me that lots of fruit/crops use nearly as much (or in some cases more) water than cotton in particular but also rice. But from a PR point of view because they have the photos with the flooded fields and surface water though it looks like they're guzzling heaps.

Why is that?

I think it's a mixture of institutionalised racism and rank incompetence. We have some conservatives in this thread pushing back against this idea but I've yet to hear a coherent argument made on their behalf. They seem content with just being outraged and not actually explaining why.

Don't know if I misheard/misunderstood but a farmer from the Adelaide Hills was telling me that lots of fruit/crops use nearly as much (or in some cases more) water than cotton in particular but also rice. But from a PR point of view because they have the photos with the flooded fields and surface water though it looks like they're guzzling heaps.
If they need to flood the fields to grow rice, thats a s**t load of water. Way more than just watering a crop.
Just think about it. That farmer cant possibly be right.

Last edited:
Are you sure they weren’t just shutting down hotspots as they appeared. The US was behind the rest of the European countries. It went from a couple of countries to a total shutdown within a few days from memory.

The US never completely shut down travel even from China.

Look at the issue end of January logically.

Wuhan is a MAJOR hub in Asia.

Do we really honestly believe that even if a country completely and totally shut down travel with China that you don’t still import it.

Businessmen alone can go from the Far East to the East Coast of the USA via Europe in under 24 hours.

It required shutting travel down from everywhere.

It required bringing home those who wanted to come home by a well thought out operation.

No country did that.

I think it's a mixture of institutionalised racism and rank incompetence. We have some conservatives in this thread pushing back against this idea but I've yet to hear a coherent argument made on their behalf. They seem content with just being outraged and not actually explaining why.

Oh incompetence is a huge driver..certainly in the USA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quarantine-coronavirus-jokes-memes-5e6f28da3b034__700.jpg

No Europe and the Cruise Ships were always a bigger source of the Virus into Australia, Think the Only time the US was a big deal was back when we only had about 1000 cases.
Europe as a whole, yes. But that's because "Europe" includes 4 big contributors - Italy, Spain, France & UK. As an individual country, the USA is by far and away the biggest contributor to Australia's CV-19 infections.

Which part of Europe is not a country do you not understand?

You must think the CCP arent lying.
A truer list would look more like:
China
<daylight>
USA
<daylight>
Italy
Spain
Methinks you haven't been following the conversation very closely.

We're talking about which countries have been responsible for the most infections in Australia, not which countries have had the most infections worldwide.

Methinks you haven't been following the conversation very closely.

We're talking about which countries have been responsible for the most infections in Australia, not which countries have had the most infections worldwide.
My apologies. I skim over the pathetic little political point scoring games played in here.

Last edited:
Why didn't they get an economist on Q&A? The debt is irrelevant and shouldn't be fear that the government will raise tax to pay this back because the RBA bought the big percentage of Australian bond to pay for all these stimulus by printing money to purchase them so effectively we have lent the money to us and if we/us end up defaulting on this debt which is very likely to happen, it won't matter. Now if the government started to print the money themself to pay for this stimulus, they will introduce inflation and make the currency virtually worthless which has happen in 3rd world countries but 1st world countries all have the federal and reserve bank to bail them out.....excellently explained on SBS The Feed.

The US never completely shut down travel even from China.

Look at the issue end of January logically.

Wuhan is a MAJOR hub in Asia.

Do we really honestly believe that even if a country completely and totally shut down travel with China that you don’t still import it.

Businessmen alone can go from the Far East to the East Coast of the USA via Europe in under 24 hours.

It required shutting travel down from everywhere.

It required bringing home those who wanted to come home by a well thought out operation.

No country did that.
This is where I cut them some slack as it’s not ever been done before. Especially with the way commerce in conducted now days. There was a reluctance to shut it down because it’s a scary thing and unknown what would happen. Now we know how it feels we will likely do it quicker if and when the next pandemic starts as it surely will. Guaranteed now the pangolins , bats and other endangered species are back on the menu at the Chinese wet markets🤪

This is where I cut them some slack as it’s not ever been done before. Especially with the way commerce in conducted now days. There was a reluctance to shut it down because it’s a scary thing and unknown what would happen. Now we know how it feels we will likely do it quicker if and when the next pandemic starts as it surely will. Guaranteed now the pangolins , bats and other endangered species are back on the menu at the Chinese wet markets🤪
I agree

But I also see ''essential travel'' continuing in any future modelling ie business, political, military etc - no tourism

Thats also dependent on what other countries do

Very unlikely.

However there is no coincidence that most of our fruit in this state is grown in a bit of a line from Kersbrook, Gumeracha and Lenswood.

Plenty of rain rather than irrigation.

Why didn't they get an economist on Q&A? The debt is irrelevant and shouldn't be fear that the government will raise tax to pay this back because the RBA bought the big percentage of Australian bond to pay for all these stimulus by printing money to purchase them so effectively we have lent the money to us and if we/us end up defaulting on this debt which is very likely to happen, it won't matter. Now if the government started to print the money themself to pay for this stimulus, they will introduce inflation and make the currency virtually worthless which has happen in 3rd world countries but 1st world countries all have the federal and reserve bank to bail them out.....excellently explained on SBS The Feed.
There’s something about this loaning money to yourself thing that sounds like. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I did post an ABC podcast in in the politics thread about this a week ago. I’m pretty sure it is still bad but not sure what the ramifications are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back