My take on the exit

Remove this Banner Ad

Errol Street

All Australian
Jun 2, 2007
Errol Street Nth Melb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I believe the board thought Arocca wasn't the man to lead them over the next 5 years and didn't want to renew his contract. Arocca knew that and leaked something to the press so he could make an exit.

It's interesting on the same day the NRL chief Gallop also left after realising he wouldn't get an extension.

Yes it's a shame he is gone but we need to move forward and believe the board has made the correct decision for the betterment of the NMFC.

It's a business decision. I am reading it as the Board now being able to make the hard calls something in the past they have avoided.

I am assuming the board has another CEO in mind to replace him at least I am hoping so.

This is indeed the most positive spin we can put on things at the moment, but this version of events won't be an easy sell to members. Huge few months coming up for the club. Our 2013 season and beyond depnds on it.

I truly hope they do have someone in mind and that this is all part of a greater plan to get a better candidate for the position of CEO. We'll see.

A board is responsible for evaluating the performance of the CEO and assessing if he is the best person to take the organisation forward over the next phase.

Euge's performance has been exemplary in terms of getting the business model to a sound position, I doubt he could draw any criticism in that area and that is a significant part of the role.

I would expect the board to be open and candid exactly what reasons the CEO was not extended. While it is the board's responsibility to review the performance of the CEO, it is the members responsibility to review the performance of the board.

I was against filling the board with hand picked 'yes' men, if what has transpired is as a result of that and the board is incompetent with this transition phase it becomes our regrettable responsibility to fix the decision making problems. This is the burden and responsibility that has been returned to us as members. The Chairman and the Board's performance in this phase is critical to their longevity imo.

Plus he'd be lynched upon arrival at Tulla by bitter Storm fans.
No doubt. If only Cam Smith said the truth when asked about Gallop being chopped. I'm pretty sure he would have said alot more than he did behind closed doors.

The exit has occurred, and while I very much regret EA’s leaving and the manner in which it occurred, the club needs to move forward. Tasks to be completed;

1. Identify & appoint a new CEO.

2. Ensure that the Board – CEO relationship doesn’t suffer the same fate i.e. learn from past mistakes. Deal with any other critical senior relationships.

3. Focus on the Football Dept. and get our on field performance up to the level of expectation the club had at the start of the season. We need to perform at the level expected at the start of the year if we want to maintain or improve on the 33k membership in 2013. Continue the current form and we will be lucky to break 30k next year. New members are the most fickle.

4. Rebuild the membership confidence. It will be a grave mistake to assume that it will “all blow over in time”.

This is indeed the most positive spin we can put on things at the moment, but this version of events won't be an easy sell to members. Huge few months coming up for the club. Our 2013 season and beyond depnds on it.

I agree EH.

I hope the turmoil ends here but I can't help but think this isn't the end of the problems with the board / admin.

Every time there's trouble off the field I keep hearing about "The Boys Club". It's worrying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back