Unofficial Preview NAB Challenge 1 - GWS v Western Bulldogs - Thursday, 25 February, 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah like Leon Cameron said there is probably 15 to 17 people who have cemented there spots in the team with another 5 to 7 spots up for grabs should be good

Dogs looking rusty too, but they are moving the ball really well by the end of the quarter. Stringer is a big difference out there too. Hoping the young fellas out there back themselves and grow in confidence. This game is about minute on the park, rather than fine tuning the game plan. Still, with a really junior side too, Dogs are showing more poise...except around goal.

We are playing like absolute crap. But my god - there are two sets of rules out there.
In all honesty all I want is improved goal kicking and no injuries.

It's round 1 of the pre-season and we're nowhere near full strength.

I thought I was the stress-head around here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty all I want is improved goal kicking and no injuries.

It's round 1 of the pre-season and we're nowhere near full strength.

I thought I was the stress-head around here?

While I don't like bad umpiring the thing that really gets me going is inconsistency. If you pay it one way you have to pay it both ways and they aren't. That 75 metre penalty for encroaching into the protected area (which wouldn't have been payed in the regular season because he was more than 5 meters away but inside the 8 for the NAB) hasn't been paid despite being there at least half a dozen other times they've done the same thing.

Barrett and Cogs had their heads ripped off and the dogs got the free for Cogs dropping it after he was smacked in the head. And if they're going to pay the block by Whitfield consistently then there'll be 400 frees a game.

We've gone backward since the intra club. Much cleaner and better decision making then - and it was hotter and more humid so that's not an excuse.

Dogs woeful conversion is the only thing remotely keeping us in this.

While I don't like bad umpiring the thing that really gets me going is inconsistency. If you pay it one way you have to pay it both ways and they aren't. That 75 metre penalty for encroaching into the protected area (which wouldn't have been payed in the regular season because he was more than 5 meters away but inside the 8 for the NAB) hasn't been paid despite being there at least half a dozen other times they've done the same thing.

Barrett and Cogs had their heads ripped off and the dogs got the free for Cogs dropping it after he was smacked in the head. And if they're going to pay the block by Whitfield consistently then there'll be 400 frees a game.

We've gone backward since the intra club. Much cleaner and better decision making then - and it was hotter and more humid so that's not an excuse.

It's okay mate. It's only NAB week 1.

If we're this rusty come NAB week 3 we should worry. There's nothing on the line here.

Look who we have on the park. We've taken out a lot of of experience, leadership and the key players to our structure. What is left was always going to struggle. I am not sure it is the smartest way for blokes like Pickett and Marchbank to build their experience, let alone Hopper and Kennedy.

Look who we have on the park. We've taken out a lot of of experience, leadership and the key players to our structure. What is left was always going to struggle. I am not sure it is the smartest way for blokes like Pickett and Marchbank to build their experience, let alone Hopper and Kennedy.
It's good for them. Shows them how hard they'll have to work.

Who are we missing from first 22? Johnson, Griffen, Ward, Mummy, Shiel, Shaw, Davis, Cameron?
I've liked Rory Lobb... I'm thinking him and Mummy for Rd 1 Rucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back