Nat Fyfe Signs New Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

It's possible that was Fyfes intention but he changed his mind. Similar situation happened with Pavlich right? The word was that he had all but signed with Port but in the end stuck with freo.
Not quite. Every Pavlich contract renewal he was "going home". The Crows were the destination, I thought. But he still lives in Perth now. He and Paul Hasleby owned a reasonable pub in South Freo. Might still do.

Not surprised. I am sure there are many things you don't get.

I get that Selwood is better than Fyfe. I get I'm not deluded enough to make my own assumptions over what the players and coaches know from first hand experience. I get what an AA award represents, and how someone who can only make the team twice (supposedly best player in comp and has only made the AA (a squad of 22) TWICE isn't better). I get that fans are all salt and no sugar when it comes to Selwood. I get he is just that frustrating and damaging.

But anyway this is going around in circles. An endless loop of me pointing out proof and it being ignored with defeated "duckwood" deflections. So i'll leave it there.

I get that Selwood is better than Fyfe. I get I'm not deluded enough to make my own assumptions over what the players and coaches know from first hand experience. I get what an AA award represents, and how someone who can only make the team twice (supposedly best player in comp and has only made the AA (a squad of 22) TWICE isn't better). I get that fans are all salt and no sugar when it comes to Selwood. I get he is just that frustrating and damaging.

But anyway this is going around in circles. An endless loop of me pointing out player ratings and AA's and them being ignored. So i'll leave it there.

Selwood isn't injury prone and a much better leader than Fyfe but at their very best Fyfe is a much better player. Get your hand off of it mate sincerely a Geelong supporter who isn't one eyed.

Yeah he is. I am sick of the constant fawning and fapping over Selwood every time he goes into a contest and comes out with a broken fingernail. The media are always quick to remind us how brave he is and the cameras are always fixed on him going to the bench with his obligatory bandaged forehead.

Meanwhile guys like Lee Spur end up with a bloodied skull every second game but you wouldn't know that because Lingy and Darcy aren't there to advertise how brave Spurr is.

Selwood even had a dedicated camera on him at the GWS game the other week and he wasn't even playing, he was in the coaches box.

Perhaps you are buying the media hype and mistaking Selwood's braveness for elite skill.

The AFL media call Selwood "brave" and the sheep listen and repeat.

Similar to the leftist media who tell us Caitlyn Jenner is "brave", with the sheeple just lapping up what they are told and repeating. Its a self perpetuating myth.

Selwood is just another good player, point of difference is he has a forehead that cuts easily and it makes for good footage to backup these "brave" claims.

But anyway this is going around in circles. An endless loop of me pointing out proof and it being ignored with defeated "duckwood" deflections. So i'll leave it there.

Do you get that Selwood has played more seasons of football then Fyfe?

Do you get that when Selwood was the same age as Fyfe he had a whopping one more All Australian then him(while playing in a much stronger side)?

No Brownlow though and no Leigh Matthews trophy. So sad.

But do you get that Selwood isn't as great as you think? He's good, just not great.

You're entitled to your opinion but to come onto a thread and berate another player because he isn't as good as the love of your life, you should have expected some backlash.

Sorry I was wrong then. That makes it 9 out of the last 11 years not 8.

Fyfe has never been as consistent as Selwood and never will be. The players rate Selwood higher (As do many coaches and Leigh Matthews). Only Freo fans genuinely think Fyfe is better and all other fans (specifically on bigfooty) will never appreciate Selwood as he has destroyed their clubs dreams for a decade thereabouts.

FYI Selwood was carrying an injury over those seasons but isn't soft and played (as well as kept a lid on it, a no excuses player). As with the players top 50 Selwood has x5 AA to Fyfes x2 AA. No comparison and like I said an insult to Selwood. Not to say Fyfe is crap he is definitely a champ.
Fyfe > Daylight > Selwood. Where's Joel's Brownlow medal mate? He's never even been the best player in the comp which Nat has proven when fully fit. Selwoods maybe a better kick and better at ducking for free kicks but that's about it. Fyfey eats him for breakfast in every other category.

Fyfe > Daylight > Selwood. Where's Joel's Brownlow medal mate? He's never even been the best player in the comp which Nat has proven when fully fit. Selwoods maybe a better kick and better at ducking for free kicks but that's about it. Fyfey eats him for breakfast in every other category.
Before you start saying Fyfe > Daylight > Selwood, maybe wait and see if Fyfe ever even returns to his 2015 form... Because it's simply embarrassing atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL media call Selwood "brave" and the sheep listen and repeat.

Similar to the leftist media who tell us Caitlyn Jenner is "brave", with the sheeple just lapping up what they are told and repeating. Its a self perpetuating myth.

Selwood is just another good player, point of difference is he has a forehead that cuts easily and it makes for good footage to backup these "brave" claims.
In fairness to Selwood he isn't on his own. The AFL media have a list of players who can do no wrong. Selwood is obviously one of them. There are others.

I thought fyfe and the aints had already agreed to terms?
didn't the word come out saints rule themselves out like 2 months ago? how do people forget stuff like this?

Hackgorn is a total flog. He is always incorrect to anything relating to the Dockers. Most of the times it's lies or fictional.

He didn't even know the length of the contract and his guess of salary is made up.

Before you start saying Fyfe > Daylight > Selwood, maybe wait and see if Fyfe ever even returns to his 2015 form... Because it's simply embarrassing atm.
Or should we just wait until Selwood breaks his leg.... It's only embarrassing because Fyfe is still recovering.

How about you consider Fyfe pre-leg injury and compare him to what Selwood has dished up so far.

Why are we discussing Bravewood in a thread about Fyfe?

Typical response from aint fan. You lot was up and about in all threads relating to fyfe with your cap space, seaford, fyfe buying a house in brighton blah blah blah
i agree a bunch of casual fans were either doing that in a troll way or a hopeful way. i think the realistics understood it was always uphill and more a happy to put their hat in the ring.

we got leveraged and thats the bottom line just like gaff, sloane, shiel and I'm sure a bunch of others did to us. I'm fine with that.

i think BF gets confused with trolls or the casual FB fan compared to fans who understand football departments and moves.

even tho we got leveraged we still have to try get high end talent and when that doesn't work we go after the
- carsile
- steele
- membrey
- bruce
- longer
- hickey
types

Remove this Banner Ad

Back