List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Adam Tomlinson
eDPS compares him to Stephenson

Given richmond are 'in the window' to win a flag and lost Higgins, Markov. It would make some sense to draft for the short term this time.

I would be hesitant about drafting someone cause they are tall, if there are several better players. With the first draft pick.

Trading back could be an option to get another future pick.
I don’t see why we cannot promote from within, players like Ross, Stack, RCD, Naish and Aarts will all 21+ next season and have had enough preseasons under their belts to compensate for the loss in depth that Higgins and Markov create.

I really think we need to plan to replace Riewoldt and Astbury, if there isn’t a tall who slips to our pick I’d expect the club to justgo with the beat available kid. Someone will usually slip to the range of our first pick.

Scrolling through the names of twomey’s power rankings and knightmares phantom

I’d definitely be chips in on Nik cox

200cm 87kgs

Can play kpf and kpd has also played on a wing like the cho

Athletic ran a 2.95 in the 20m sprint
Ran the 2km trial in 6minutes and 3 seconds and loves to fly for a grab

Few clubs would be after him but if we were able to pull it off just what we need

Nik was just on SEN...came Across really well...is a footballer that runs like the wind, agile and at 200cm

they likened him to Blicavs

Nik also has a hot model sister apparently...

Nik was just on SEN...came Across really well...is a footballer that runs like the wind, agile and at 200cm

they likened him to Blicavs

Nik also has a hot model sister apparently...

Heard it too, I wish he had come over as an arrogant prick, there would have been more of chance of him slipping to 17 if he had.

key forward is obviously a massive need. I've never been a fan of CCJ, too slow for kpf and too small for ruck (got monstered by Bellchambers of all people).

Unfortunately we ain't getting one at 17 either. I think our best bet is to move up and grab Heath Chambers to play back and then try Balta up forward when Jack goes.
A tad harsh on CCJ. Agree with the to slow for a key forward, or more so in tandem with Lynch, too similar. But as a ruckman he was monstered by Bellchambers, who was a big bodied ruck in the Nankervis mould, he was only 19 years old. He has a big frame on him, a decent leap and will be 22 this year, about ready to come on. He is more mobile than most rucks, is a very good mark and can actually rest forward as a ruckman and cause real trouble (going on VFL form). He could be the no.1 ruckman perhaps in the next year or so if he comes on.

A tad harsh on CCJ. Agree with the to slow for a key forward, or more so in tandem with Lynch, too similar. But as a ruckman he was monstered by Bellchambers, who was a big bodied ruck in the Nankervis mould, he was only 19 years old. He has a big frame on him, a decent leap and will be 22 this year, about ready to come on. He is more mobile than most rucks, is a very good mark and can actually rest forward as a ruckman and cause real trouble (going on VFL form). He could be the no.1 ruckman perhaps in the next year or so if he comes on.

CCJ has a wonderful opportunity it claim a spot in the bet team in the AFL right now. He is our 2nd ruck now, and there is a resting forward spot we use every game. If he can take that then good for him and good for us.

Come 2022 we'll have 3 genuine AFL rucks if he does. Someone will likely be traded then. But I reckon we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

So come on CJ, prove yourself young man.

My supporter nightmare is the Wallace years where every recruit looked to be Wallace's build with pace and good hand skills, looked graceful but had painted on hands and arms when oppositions had the pill. There were a may Wallace years. My wish - Please, Please, Please ensure our draftees to have sound spoiling and tackle techniques in place prior to being recruited.

I have faith in the Richmond skills team to coach continued team possession under the game plans. Most if not all draftees have to be taught these skills anyway as the decision time in an AFL game is far shorter than any other aussie rules comp.

He was timid and Bellchambers bullied him. That's not 'okay' in my book and the coaching staff agreed with me as he was dropped the next week.
Just like he was bullied by Stacky to break curfew and grab a souvlaki... :think: ;):p

Riewoldt is pretty slow and has always been fairly unathletic.

I could see lynch-ccj. Dimma might want balta forward too.

He has shown he likes 3 talks previously; Chol forward plus Lynch/jack

He was timid and Bellchambers bullied him. That's not 'okay' in my book and the coaching staff agreed with me as he was dropped the next week.

He was dropped cause Soldos ridiculous suspension ended.

He lost a couple ruck duels but best bellchambers around the ground iirc.

He pretty much broke even as a 19 year in the wet v a mature ruck who has 20 odd kegs on him..

Then went on to play well in the 2s

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was dropped cause Soldos ridiculous suspension ended.

He lost a couple ruck duels but best bellchambers around the ground iirc.

He pretty much broke even as a 19 year in the wet v a mature ruck who has 20 odd kegs on him..

Then went on to play well in the 2s
[/QUOTE
i don't rate him but he could still make it as a ruck, he still has time(don't all talls). My main point was that we need a new kpf for when jack retires and i don't think CCJ will cut it.

i don't rate him but he could still make it as a ruck, he still has time(don't all talls). My main point was that we need a new kpf for when jack retires and i don't think CCJ will cut it.

Ideally it'd be balta. He would be even more valuable as a key forward if he is good enough than his current role.

Lynch. Balta. Would be fairly solid potentially.

Also leaves the option of ccj being a ruck-fwd

Ccj and nank/Soldo/Chol...

Obviously you are robbing the backline but the Rance return should help that void.

If astbury stays - astbury. Grimes. Broad is probably good enough to cover balta. It will be interesting to see how many more seasons Astbury/jack have left. If any.

Astbury forward is yet another option... Dimma has moved him around recently.

The soldo injury puts a spanner in the works.

Riewoldt is pretty slow and has always been fairly unathletic.

I could see lynch-ccj. Dimma might want balta forward too.

He has shown he likes 3 talks previously; Chol forward plus Lynch/jack
Riewoldt may be a bit slow compared to his cousin for example, but is incredibly athletic for tall forward. As good on the ground as in the air, either foot and with a big leap and adds great pressure to boot. Nothing like 2 x 200cm forwards/ruckman (Lynch could easily ruck if he wasn't so important up forward). Has there ever been that setup in a league team up forward, unless one is like a Hipwood type, quick.

Riewoldt may be a bit slow compared to his cousin for example, but is incredibly athletic for tall forward. As good on the ground as in the air, either foot and with a big leap and adds great pressure to boot. Nothing like 2 x 200cm forwards/ruckman (Lynch could easily ruck if he wasn't so important up forward). Has there ever been that setup in a league team up forward, unless one is like a Hipwood type, quick.

The game is trending bigger.

Bigger full backs. Full forwards. Etc.

It'll be normal to have x2 200cm kpp imo. Even before;

Hawkins. Cameron.
Daniher hipwood

Look at key backs there have been giants for a while now

The game is trending bigger.

Bigger full backs. Full forwards. Etc.

It'll be normal to have x2 200cm kpp imo. Even before;

Hawkins. Cameron.
Daniher hipwood

Look at key backs there have been giants for a while now
Don't agree unless they are quick like Moore from Collingwood, Harris Andrews, Hipwood, even Daniher was mobile. Buddy obviously.
Lynch is reasonably mobile but not like the above, but CDJ is a ruck mainly. Can see him down there as a second ruck resting, but not as a designated 2nd forward. No pressure which is a really important part of the game these days.

Our first rounders for the last 7 or 8 years have not been stars. We've gone too vanilla, picked a lot of 'safe' choices that weren't much good. Hope we go for someone with a high ceiling.
Stop stepping on my blind optimism with your "facts" and "logic".

Live trading on draft night will be interesting. I wonder if we try and move up...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Or down
We might decide the player we want will be available after 17 and snag 2 earliesh second round picks.

I like the idea of trading g up but don’t think we have the currency unless we throw next years first into negotiations. That’s likely to be a pick in the early 20s so not sure what that pick and this years P17 would get us

Not sure why people are worried about a 19 yr old giving away 20kg are worried about his future but please find me a 19 yr old ruck who has been dominate in the last 20 years of footy.

Also the first goal in this vid, CCJ has an extraordinary pick up for any player let alone a ruckman. Also great vid to watch us come back from 40 points in final quarter vs Essendon.

CCJs VFL finals performances last year were brilliant. He was top 5 performer across all finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back