List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the list management team and coaches have a WhatsApp or Facebook group where they discuss the potential draftees and prospects like we do? Do they shitpost as much as us?

Can’t see the contract for Chol netting Richmond a 2nd rounder. And if they sign up Talia they’ll diminish that anyway.
CCJ has played 9 games in 4 seasons. And he’s our out of contract. Richmond won’t get much for him cause North can walk him through the preseason draft
Chol got redrafted after being delisted and is now leaving for more game time at another club,no way Tigers get a 2nd Rd pick.

I won’t hold out hope that we get him but I’ll pencil him in as a “pleasantly surprised” if we manage to snag him as a bonus to our pick 9 and NGA haul
Yes I agree, and I don't see that it's plausible to get an early 2nd round pick since JB and Seb are now staying put. I'd be happy enough with a FRDP and the two NGA's, and there's always opportunity to pluck another Connolly at the end of the draft. I also hope we take another 2 NGA's as Cat B rookies who'd be better odds than another freak from a non AFL background.

I always like the new draftee intake time of year. It signals the end of the old campaign and the beginning of new hope for another season.

Yes I agree, and I don't see that it's plausible to get an early 2nd round pick since JB and Seb are now staying put. I'd be happy enough with a FRDP and the two NGA's, and there's always opportunity to pluck another Connolly at the end of the draft. I also hope we take another 2 NGA's as Cat B rookies who'd be better odds than another freak from a non AFL background.

I always like the new draftee intake time of year. It signals the end of the old campaign and the beginning of new hope for another season.

Darragh is going to wack you with his stick for saying that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before this 2021 season commenced Angus McLennan and Josh Kyle were rated as our 2 most likely NGA players to be drafted.

Before this 2021 season commenced Angus McLennan and Josh Kyle were rated as our 2 most likely NGA players to be drafted.
mtkpLoJ.gif

Curious what people’s genuine consensus will be. We are screaming out for a classy mid, but us as a club know better then any, that you simply must draft best available in the first 10-15 picks. Do you take coffield over naughton cause you need midfielders and don’t have a need for key backs? Do you draft McCartin over Petracca because key forward is a bigger need then a mid. The list goes on. I’m all for taking the best mid, but only if they are seen to be best available at our pick. If the first 10 picks Pan out like this what do we do?

1-north: Horne-Francis
2-pies: nick daicos
3-dogs: Sam Darcy
4-gws: Finn Callaghan
5-suns: ben Hobbs
6-crows: Josh ward
7-Hawks: Tyler sonsie
8-blues: Josh Rachele
9-rich: Josh sinn
10-freo: Neil Erasmus

all midfielders taken before us baring Darcy, whose the next best mid? Chesser? Draper? Roberts? Or do we take the best key defender in the draft in gibcus and hope the 2 academy boys can turn into star AFL mids
You would have to go Josh Gibcus who is in top 5 considerations. Compared to Jake Lever. Won’t last though.

Knightmare has Mitch Owens at 26 in his current rankings but notes clubs probably won't grab him that early. Of course Knightmare does do things his own way, Sonsie and Gibcus outside 30 but still of note that Owens is rated highly

Knightmare has Mitch Owens at 26 in his current rankings but notes clubs probably won't grab him that early. Of course Knightmare does do things his own way, Sonsie and Gibcus outside 30 but still of note that Owens is rated highly
He's a tripper I reckon. Obviously watches more footy than all of us, but Owens ahead of Sonsie and Gibcus?

Sonsie has 24 and 2 goals playing VFL and 34 and 2 in his first NAB game and he had him rated at 3 at that stage.

I'm not sure how Owens has managed to rise so far without playing too?

At least he doesn't just follow the crowd, I'll give him credit there.

He's a tripper I reckon. Obviously watches more footy than all of us, but Owens ahead of Sonsie and Gibcus?

Sonsie has 24 and 2 goals playing VFL and 34 and 2 in his first NAB game and he had him rated at 3 at that stage.

I'm not sure how Owens has managed to rise so far without playing too?

At least he doesn't just follow the crowd, I'll give him credit there.
He mentioned they both could be traps. Gibcus potentially not being a high impact player. Good but not game-changing and compared Sonsie to Paddy Dow as someone that is very skillful but struggling to piece it together consistently. Chesser and Windhager both missed the top 50. Certainly doing his own thing, but interesting to note he was cautious of these players.

He mentioned they both could be traps. Gibcus potentially not being a high impact player. Good but not game-changing and compared Sonsie to Paddy Dow as someone that is very skillful but struggling to piece it together consistently. Chesser and Windhager both missed the top 50. Certainly doing his own thing, but interesting to note he was cautious of these players.
Doesn't surprise that he isn't a fan of Sonsie, Knightmare is known for valuing his contested winning ball players, which Sonsie may be able to play as, but inconsistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back