• Half Back Flank

• Half Back Flank

• Another Ruckman

• George Castagna

• Best available, yep I knew you'd choose this one ya tool

• A hard hitter like Sonsie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not that easy picking up a top-tier big-body mid! If you do, you need to sell the farm to get one which then weakens you (Taranto and Hopper trades as an example). It is always better to grow your own. Speed can be obtained more easily eg look at Liam Henry. They are cheaper on the market and can be found deeper in the draft too.
Agree go the draft, but draft someone with a bit of size and some speed. You can't play all slow mids these days, if ever in fact, the game on the counter attack is so fast.

Last season with Taranto, Hopper, Cotchin and a slowing Prestia we were helpless to stop it, hence our backline was under so much pressure at times. Bolton helps, but do we want him full time mid. Dow gave us a bit of zip late season, and we looked better for it, but he is still a maybe.

What is required is a ready made player to slot into the Senior Side that has performed on the main stage VFL Grandfinal !

SHAUN MANNAGH
Clubs after a plug and play mature-ager who can find the footy with ease and consistently hit the scoreboard, look no further. Mannagh put an exclamation point on his dominant VFL season with an incredible grand final performance, booting six goals and racking up 28 disposals to win the best-on-ground medal in Werribee’s loss to Gold Coast. You have to have make a significant impact to get drafted at 26, but Mannagh did just that at VFL level this season as a midfielder-forward, averaging 25 disposals, 7.8 score involvements, 5.6 tackles 4.7 clearances, 1.9 goals and 117 ranking points per game. Players who can break games open in the forward half while winning 20 disposals are hard to find, and Mannagh is well worth the punt
Since Lambert finished we've missed his forward half midfielder work ...this guy would suit

Would Adelaide trade pick 14 (Maybe 19 after F/S and academy bids) for Pick 29 (32 after bids) and 41 (42 after bids). It would mean we can select Lance Collard at 19 and Adelaide can select Ashton Moir and Jack Delean two SA boys with our picks

INB4 Carlton trades up to get Stevens.
Or SOS at St Kilda.
What is required is a ready made player to slot into the Senior Side that has performed on the main stage VFL Grandfinal !

SHAUN MANNAGH
Clubs after a plug and play mature-ager who can find the footy with ease and consistently hit the scoreboard, look no further. Mannagh put an exclamation point on his dominant VFL season with an incredible grand final performance, booting six goals and racking up 28 disposals to win the best-on-ground medal in Werribee’s loss to Gold Coast. You have to have make a significant impact to get drafted at 26, but Mannagh did just that at VFL level this season as a midfielder-forward, averaging 25 disposals, 7.8 score involvements, 5.6 tackles 4.7 clearances, 1.9 goals and 117 ranking points per game. Players who can break games open in the forward half while winning 20 disposals are hard to find, and Mannagh is well worth the punt
You’d have to think his Werribee coach would be keen to get him to North.

I reckon we will trade pick 29 + 41 (1065 points) to gold coast for pick 24 + 66 (865 points).

It means we can jump ahead of Carlton and Geelong, and we can still get Naish as a F/S with the later picks
Not worth it IMO. A few spots in the second round isn't worth turning your next pick into nothing.

Too early to get into specific names for me.

But there's a reason why clubs were offloading picks for fun this year and the AFL were giving out first rounders like tic tacs.

Geelong from day one put their pick 8 (which will become 11+) on the table and no one was interested.

Do not trade future picks to get into this year's draft! Hold fire for next year.

CBA completed, salary caps going up by 30%, clubs will be offering stupid money to any player available. You can guarantee both SA clubs will be throwing silly money at Graham as a free agent, which could be problematic if we're chasing free agents as he won't get any compo if we pick up someone else.

West Coast will throw the kitchen sink at Baker, thankfully he's a not a free agent. So they will have to pay up if they manage to turn his head.

Next season is going to be the Wild West, make sure we're prepared.
Bakes for Reid & 2nd rnd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delisted free agent: Naismith
Pick 29: Archer Reid
Pick 41: George Stevens

Hold a spot for Supplemental Selection Period through preseason to trial some kids who miss out at the draft.

I'd be happy with this as it addresses areas we need to look at.

Charlie Edwards please!

Yes! Seen a bit of him and I very much like his upside and ceiling. This kid well developed and coached will be a gun.
Unfortunately he won't get passed St Kilda, they love him, also Geelong.
Delisted free agent: Naismith
Pick 29: Archer Reid
Pick 41: George Stevens

Hold a spot for Supplemental Selection Period through preseason to trial some kids who miss out at the draft.

I'd be happy with this as it addresses areas we need to look at.
I can't see us going after either of these two. Archer Reid looks very timid and George Stevens is that typical player that looks good against junior players.

Apparently we're right into Taylor Goad. Very athletic Ruck.

I can't see us going after either of these two. Archer Reid looks very timid and George Stevens is that typical player that looks good against junior players.

That's exactly what we should be doing. Like it.

We keep touting players as being our Lambert replacement but we haven't got one so far.
Is Shaun Mannagh the type of player that could play that role?
Is he?
I know he has some serious wheels, played a ripping game against us this year, but don’t know if he’s in that gut running mould of Lambert.
Clubs will probably look at mature types a bit earlier in the draft this year with it lacking depth. Maybe he comes into contention for a late ND, Rookie selection.
Personally I’d be happy to see us try and acquire another 24 ND pick, hit that one hard for young talent, use later picks thi year to make the minimum list changes.

Really? I'm not a fan of drafting rucks in the first round or two, I reckon you're much better off taking them as more mature players you can often trade or pick up more proven ones for relatively cheap.

Would also seem odd to me given we have Ryan, the 2x basketballers developing plus Nankervis and plus Naismith as insurance potentially. Then some emergency second rucks in Miller and Balta.

Back