Universal Love "Never Toumpas Apart" - Jimmy, I like your hustle, thats why it was so hard to cut you

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a little bit disturbing how this board follows him....

There's a Port game on, the Toump gets picked, someone posts in here bumping the thread, so you end up with a fair few people commenting about the topic of the thread. I doubt anyone really gives a s**t, it's a novelty when he gets a game.

Go to the website, click on the match and when the stats come up, click on 'advanced'.

Edit: Probably wrong most of the time, as usually the disposals doesn't add up to the number of contested and uncontested possessions, but eh.
That's just disposal efficiency in general, not individual to kick or handball unfortunately.

I also think that you can be classed as having a possession, without getting a disposal.

Pretty sure he never got those kind of numbers when playing with us. Good luck to him, it's clearly not a trade that has hurt us so him playing some games at Port is water off a duck's back.

How quickly we forget: Round 11 2015 Melb v StK, 26 disposals, 2 goals, 8 tackles (!), 1 brownshort right at the end.

That's just disposal efficiency in general, not individual to kick or handball unfortunately.

I also think that you can be classed as having a possession, without getting a disposal.

Yeah, I didn't actually mean it was only kicks, I just meant disposal efficiency.

If disposals is 11 and contested possessions is 1 and uncontested possessions are 9, I think they have counting issues. Live stats during a game would be hectic; I'd imagine it's just a mistake.

Yeah, I didn't actually mean it was only kicks, I just meant disposal efficiency.

If disposals is 11 and contested possessions is 1 and uncontested possessions are 9, I think they have counting issues. Live stats during a game would be hectic; I'd imagine it's just a mistake.
Yeah I've heard them do it, bloody tough job!

If a player picks a ball up but is tackled straight away without disposing of it, it counts as a possession but not a disposal

You sure?

Quick bit of research confirms it. That's crazy.
I don't think most people in the media know that because I swear they flip flop between possesions and disposals when they talk. I here them say player x hasn't had a possesion when they have been tackled with the footy for a ball up

You sure?

Quick bit of research confirms it. That's crazy.
I don't think most people in the media know that because I swear they flip flop between possesions and disposals when they talk. I here them say player x hasn't had a possesion when they have been tackled with the footy for a ball up
They used to be interchangeable, and is still commonly used to refer to the same thing, but in official stats
possession = possessing the ball, either by winning it in dispute (contested) or receiving it from a teammate (uncontested)
disposal = getting rid of it legally

I'm not 100% on this but i think you can get a disposal without possession if you kick it off the ground

They used to be interchangeable, and is still commonly used to refer to the same thing, but in official stats
possession = possessing the ball, either by winning it in dispute (contested) or receiving it from a teammate (uncontested)
disposal = getting rid of it legally

I'm not 100% on this but i think you can get a disposal without possession if you kick it off the ground

Yeah read a tweet from champion data saying you could have 20 of one and 0 of the other.
So a kick off the ground is a disposal not a possession... ugh hurts my head

If a player picks a ball up but is tackled straight away without disposing of it, it counts as a possession but not a disposal

That's fine (although silly to my mind), but if your possessions are less than your disposals, then it's just a mistake by the stat keepers (or something is in dispute to be looked at later).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

made me laff

Methinks that only one of Young / Ah Chee / Monfries should be in the side. My money on Arch at the moment.

In: Wingard, Amon (if fit)
Out: Toumpaloompas

He kept his spot.

Port'sSaturday night game is must see now

I'll be watching anyway because it should be a bloody good game, but I genuinely hope he does well. Had nothing against him when he left (Don't really get the dislike for him) and whilst it is unlikely he'll be a regular at AFL level in a few years you never know.

Port kicks two goals in quick succession to build some momentum, only for the Toump to get a Bomber on the head directly in front of goal . . . .the Toump is more cooked than a day old chicken from Coles.

Was an actual question. Sorry. Living in sa, we don't hear much about our boys in Melbs. Haven't heard or seen where he's at over here.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
You just picked the wrong thread to ask a serious question...

BenKen has been working hard in the 2nds at Casey and has yet to find an opportunity to step up. He's been working hard on his defensive efforts and the Casey reports have him pretty close. He would struggle to replace anyone at the moment baring injury. But he's near the front of the queue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back