FTA-TV New Battlestar Galactica Series, "Blood and Chrome"

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
There isn't a nerd thread so it's going here. New series Blood and Chrome is coming out about the first cylon war, looks pretty wanktastic.

Some of the concept art...

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220104-1.jpg

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220101-1.jpg

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220102-1.jpg

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220103-1.jpg

Got high hopes for this show after 'Caprica' was such a dud.

First Cylon War? Oh hell yes.

According to Taylor, the series is "about a young man's [William Adama] initiation into war: both the realities of war as fought by soldiers on the ground (and in Battlestars and Vipers), and the somewhat less real version portrayed in the media."

Further, Taylor points out that the scope of the series "isn't confined to Galactica. Far from it. It's a story that will take us to new corners of the Battlestar world (or worlds), and yet it aims to be a very contemporary war movie in a lot of ways. I would say I'm thinking as much of Afghanistan and Iraq--the reality of [The] Hurt Locker, Sebastian Junger's Restrepo, and similar movies--as I am about about the largely implied past of Battlestar."

sweeeeeeeeeet.

running in conjunction with Caprica, or?

Any more info 7 months later?

the 4 seasons of BSG, razor and the plan captured war like i never watched before, i'm seriously intrigued about them expanding on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rayven - loved the start of the Plan where the Colonies got owned.

Agreed :thumbsu:

There's something compelling about succesful first strikes of that magnitude made extremly well.

I also got off on razors accounts of what happenned to pegasus as she was preparing for refit and had shut her computers down when the attack happened.

There's something compelling about succesful first strikes of that magnitude made extremly well.

I also got off on razors accounts of what happenned to pegasus as she was preparing for refit and had shut her computers down when the attack happened.

I love watching a big bastard ship go kambloom in a movie/tv show..that scene with the Pegasus escaping as all the other battlestars are taken out is awesome in Razor. Also when the other battlestar goes up in the flashback and you hear her crew screaming.

I'm a big sucker for people being sucked out in to space despite hanging on like grim death too. That happens at the start of the last Star Trek movie.

Space is one unforgiving bitch it seems.

Razor was excellent - it was better than anything in season four.

Syfy's passed on it

Fans have been waiting in vain for some kind of sign that the series still exists since the two-hour pilot was greenlit in 2010. Soon after the wave of excitement over the trailer peaked, Syfy decided to crush our dreams and announce that they won’t be moving forward with the series after all. Hit the jump for more.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place during the 10th year of the first Cylon war and centers on a young William Adama (played by Luke Pasqualino). The show was initially envisioned as a web series and Syfy greenlighted the two-hour TV pilot in late 2010. The project hasn’t exactly been sitting on the shelf since then, as the network didn’t receive the finished pilot until last November due to a lengthy, visual effects-laden post-production process. Now that the network has gotten a look at the pilot, Deadline reports that they’ve decided to pass on the project as a regular series. There is light at the end of the tunnel, however, as Syfy apparently hopes to move forward with the show as a digital web series (as was the original intention). Syfy president of original programming Mark Stern had this to say:

“Though the vision for “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” has evolved over the course of the past year, our enthusiasm for this ambitious project has not waned. We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen. The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.”

Apparently the trailer that hit earlier today was an unofficial demo reel that wasn’t intended for the public. It was shown at WonderCon last weekend, but NBCUniversal has since removed all vestiges of it from YouTube. While I’m disappointed that Blood & Chrome won’t be moving forward on television, I guess a web series is better than nothing. Still, the budget will presumably be miniscule compared to that of a series meant for cable. The project can still be shopped to other networks, but I seriously doubt any majors will bite. The prequel series Caprica was a ratings disappointment and was swiftly cancelled after just one season.

http://collider.com/battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-cancelled/154170/

[youtube]5giyX4oBYDU[/youtube]

Razor was excellent - it was better than anything in season four.

Call me a Walking target for Mr Dawkins, but I quite liked the way they rounded things off in Season 4.

I don't care how they distribute Blood n Chrome, so long as it eventually gets made and distributed.... :)

Also, there's apparently a Glen Larson movie in the works, directed by Bryan Singer based off the original series (ignoring Galactica 1980).... might be worth a look....

Just when all of my TV series planets are lining up - Mad Men, Game of Thrones and The Killing - BSG goes and does a Planet X on me again. Seriously loved BSG (except for the tail end of season 6), so want more, but WTF is a web episode?

Just when all of my TV series planets are lining up - Mad Men, Game of Thrones and The Killing - BSG goes and does a Planet X on me again. Seriously loved BSG (except for the tail end of season 6), so want more, but WTF is a web episode?

Episodes released online, they did 10 web-based episodes between seasons two and three when they landed on "New Caprica" too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back