Status
Not open for further replies.

Parera

Debutant
Oct 9, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any teams getting new jumpers for 2012?

If so let's make this the OFFICIAL thread to post pics of all the clubs new jumpers.

Indeed we have, looks ok.

I hope Collingwood change there jumper in some minor way for 2012.

Hahah. The season isn't even over yet and we already have someone trying to jump in to be the thread starter :rolleyes:

Hawks clash is it.

KooGa promised changes to the Lions jersey when they signed with them and apparently the Swans are reverting to their vee jersey for a clash.

What happened to the two year minimum for a jumper's lifespan? Has it been totally abandoned?

I think the Bulldogs will bring in the pre-70's jumper in 2013. The club is changing its full identity (whether or not Footscray is adopted as the name), so I can't see that come to fruition in 2011. That design vote only occurred in the last half few rounds of this season. I'd love to see it in 2012, though.

And what is this Brisbane Kooga change?

What happened to the two year minimum for a jumper's lifespan? Has it been totally abandoned?

It's all about the money. If it's different, people will buy it. I have no problem with it anyway. Change, essentially, is a good thing.

Manchester United, among other teams, change their kits every season. Whether they be major or minor changes, the kit is always different every campaign.

Why do you think this?

Because apparently Sydney will be using a simple white with red vee for their clash jumper next year (posted in New Jumpers for 2012 thread, unconfirmed) which would make three alternate guernseys for the Swans in three years. That goes against the AFL's rule that a clash jumper must be worn for at least two seasons. The only time there's been an exception to that "rule" was after Melbourne's silver abomination in 2008.

Oh, I missed that. I haven't actually heard any real source that they are changing though.

Also, Port's Clash 2009 clash jumper was changed after a year when they changed to the double V.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because apparently Sydney will be using a simple white with red vee for their clash jumper next year (posted in New Jumpers for 2012 thread, unconfirmed) which would make three alternate guernseys for the Swans in three years. That goes against the AFL's rule that a clash jumper must be worn for at least two seasons. The only time there's been an exception to that "rule" was after Melbourne's silver abomination in 2008.

Yes but they also changed in 2009 (Red with navy demon), 2010 (White with navy v and red demon) and again in 2011 (white with red yoke and navy side panels)

Also, Port Adelaide used their clash for the 2009 season only.

Edit: LeeARM beat me to it r.e ^^^

Ah good points fellas. Should have remembered. Although the 2010 Dees change to white was basically AFL-forced, and the 2011 was part of an overall rebrand. Same with 2010 Port.

What I was trying to say was that Sydney haven't had any sort of rebrand, yet could still be changing three times in three years.

Melbourne had the white jumper with the red demon in 2009 and 2010. They had the red jumper with blue demon in 2009 and dropped it in 2010 (they may have worn it once or twice but I don't think so).

I think the Bulldogs will bring in the pre-70's jumper in 2013. The club is changing its full identity (whether or not Footscray is adopted as the name), so I can't see that come to fruition in 2011. That design vote only occurred in the last half few rounds of this season. I'd love to see it in 2012, though.

And what is this Brisbane Kooga change?

Interesting, can't wait to see the changes.

Don't get too excited about Brisbane in 2012.

I am hearing old Lion added to back with BBFFC, but Paddle Pop remains. Pretty poor if true.

this should be the swans clash:
Sydney-1987.gif

Any jumper Sydney has worn is good, but ideally these would be my preferences:

HOME
Sydney-2004.gif

(sharper yoke)

MELBOURNE/CLASH:
Sydney-Heritage.gif

(such a beautiful guernsey)

PRE-SEASON/CLASH OPTION 2
Sydney-Away-2010.gif

Current clash is good also, but this one was more like the South Melbourne guernsey. Surprised it only lasted a year :(

As discussed, Footscray will wear what they call their 1954 design.
Very similar to this:
Footscray-1970.gif

Clash will be the reverse of the Blue & White.
Collar and cuffs may also be Blue on the Clash.

Is this official?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back