Preview Next Gold Coast Suns coach - Stuart Dew.

Who will be the next Gold Coast Suns coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he has led the club so well? Climbing the ladder. Recruiting and retaining top coaches and players. Increasing memberships. Increasing attendance. Creating positive stories about the club in the media.

All that sort of stuff?
You have no idea mate. Back in your bubble.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Because he has led the club so well? Climbing the ladder. Recruiting and retaining top coaches and players. Increasing memberships. Increasing attendance. Creating positive stories about the club in the media.

All that sort of stuff?
Beating Hawthorn twice in a season is a good start

Beating Hawthorn twice in a season is a good start

If that is all you have to hang your hat on then your club is in a really crap place. We were terrible this year. Our worst season in about 12 or 13 years.

You reckon Dew will get Gold Coast finishing above Hawthorn next year? Or is there a few more years at the bottom of the table to go?

If that is all you have to hang your hat on then your club is in a really crap place. We were terrible this year. Our worst season in about 12 or 13 years.

You reckon Dew will get Gold Coast finishing above Hawthorn next year? Or is there a few more years at the bottom of the table to go?
Depends on too many factors. New assistants, recruiting, draw, luck with injuries. Getting players on the park is the first challenge

Heard of breaking the mould?
Premiership coaches are often very good players. Longmire. Roos. Worsfold. Malthouse. Thompson. Sheedy. Matthews. Blight. Barrass. Walls. Parkin. Etc.

Yeah very good and hardworking, disciplined and match fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuart Dew arriving at Gold Coast...
22154527_1678275358871201_8998712641922768333_n.png

courtesy of sportsbet.

Headline in 3 years

"It's over, Dew"
You might be right.
He didn't look comfortable in that press conference and that is a crap job to be taking on. They need to appoint Malthouse, Sheedy and Matthews as his assistants.

I fail to see how a guy that wasn't disciplined enough to get himself in decent playing shape is coach worthy. Inb4 "you don't need to be champion player to be good coach" and grand final heroics. But he doesn't fit the mold you'd expect. They usually the serious, thoughtful types, often of lesser ability, that got everything out of themselves. Are Swanny and Jake King next in line for a gig?

I remember that one of the knocks on Royce Hart as coach was he was so naturally talented that he couldn't relate to those who had to work hard on their game.

I know things have changed a lot since then, but the idea still seems to fit.

Back