Meltdown NFC East - Cantankerous Bastards Getting a Room ©

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like since Chad has talked so much crap

Conveniently ignoring that I hadn't posted in this thread for over a month, until you s**t-posted about Fletcher Cox and called me out by name seeking a response.

That's a special kind of mental gymnastics there.

Count Von Countwiko
Here is a dedication to the number of playoff wins you have experienced as a fan.

If we're going to play that game, here is a dedication to the number of Super Bowl wins every single Philadelphia Eagles fan has ever experienced.

8614cc4c2a5708f917f0843b8f3ee894.jpg

Conveniently ignoring that I hadn't posted in this thread for over a month, until you s**t-posted about Fletcher Cox and called me out by name seeking a response.

That's a special kind of mental gymnastics there.

How quick you are to forget your crap essay full of fiction. You have had a great offseason Chad, probably even worse than the Cowboys fans and that's saying a lot.

How quick you are to forget your crap essay full of fiction.

You act as if I posted that in an attempt to troll/s**t-post, and forget that even that post was a response to you directly asking a question.

Perhaps you've forgotten what I wrote, so here's a link for you. The TLDR of it though is I gave my opinions for why I think the 2016 Eagles roster sucks.

Obviously you're free to disagree as a fan of the Eagles, but I think most objective NFL supporters would agree that you are in year one of a total rebuild after the mess that Chip Kelly left you, and that's all I was saying.

Were you even alive in 1991?

Yup. Not that it's relevant to anything, but I've been alive for 2 out of the 3 Redskins Super Bowl wins.

The fact that this is one of your points

Fletcher Cox is the Eagles best player, and he isn't an every-down type of DT. So, congratulations Philly.

Shows you have no idea though ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that this is one of your points

Shows you have no idea though ...

Well he played 80.9% of the Eagles defensive snaps in 2015, which means he didn't play 20%~ of them.

In 2014 he played 79.6% of the Eagles defensive snaps, proving that 2015 wasn't a statistical anomaly.

In 2013 he played 73.5% of the Eagles defensive snaps.

So I feel confident in my assertion that he's not an "every down type of DT", as the numbers prove me correct.

If you also payed attention, you would've known Kelly/Azzinaro liked to heavily rotate his DL players to keep them fresh.

Fletcher Cox was 1 of 3 NFL players last year with 70+ tackles & 9+ sacks (JJ Watt & Khalil Mack).

Usually when you refer to a DL player as an every down type player, you refer to their playing style and if they have the talent to play the run and the pass. Cox is elite, at both.

I would expect those % regardless to go up massively. Jerry Hughes who was Schwartz start DL in Buffalo was 2nd in the league with 92.5% snaps played, only beaten by Watt

If you also payed attention, you would've known Kelly/Azzinaro liked to heavily rotate his DL players to keep them fresh.

That's basically the crux of my point, yes. Thanks for agreeing with me :thumbsu:

That's basically the crux of my point, yes. Thanks for agreeing with me :thumbsu:

Huh? What has coaching philosophy got to do with player ability?

Your numbers literally have no context and mean nothing other than coaching choice.

Cox was 4th for defensive snaps last year among DL, if he played on Houston he wouldve had 95%+ defensive snaps played

Yup. Not that it's relevant to anything, but I've been alive for 2 out of the 3 Redskins Super Bowl wins.
You are really clutching at straws there Chad
Well he played 80.9% of the Eagles defensive snaps in 2015, which means he didn't play 20%~ of them.

In 2014 he played 79.6% of the Eagles defensive snaps, proving that 2015 wasn't a statistical anomaly.

In 2013 he played 73.5% of the Eagles defensive snaps.

So I feel confident in my assertion that he's not an "every down type of DT", as the numbers prove me correct.
Obviously you have nfi if the only argument you have is based on numbers. Anyone that has seen Fletcher play knows he is a beast.

You are really clutching at straws there Chad

Not sure if you're trolling, or if you just genuinely struggle to comprehend basic English, but my comment was;

"Yup. Not that it's relevant to anything, but I've been alive for 2 out of the 3 Redskins Super Bowl wins."

I was directly responding to a dumb question about whether I was alive in 1991 for the last Redskins Super Bowl, and in the course of answering I straight up acknowledged that it wasn't relevant to anything.

Obviously you have nfi if the only argument you have is based on numbers. Anyone that has seen Fletcher play knows he is a beast.

And again, not sure if trolling or stupid, because at no point have I said Fletcher Cox sucks. In fact, I said he was your best defensive player.

I also insinuated that having a DT who doesn't play every down as your best defensive player is not an ideal situation. Now you can disagree with that all you want, but let's not misconstrue the simple argument I was making just because you don't agree with it.

Huh? What has coaching philosophy got to do with player ability?

Let me summarise this debate for you then, so you can understand;

Chadwiko: Fletcher Cox is your best player and he doesn't play every snap
You: The fact that you say that shows you have no idea
Chadwiko: Here are hard numbers showing that he doesn't come close to playing every snap, and that his career high is 80% of snaps
You: That's because of the coaching scheme though​

I never gave a reason as to why Fletcher Cox doesn't come close to playing every snap; I simply stated the fact that his career high for defensive snaps played was 80%~.

"Player ability", as you put it, was never a component of my argument. My argument was simple; Fletcher Cox is your best player on defense and he doesn't play close to every snap.

Your words are "everydown type of DT". That implies his ability to play the position.

Even if you want to go on your tangential logic, he was 4th for most snaps played. So we still got more use out of him that other teams.

Your words are "everydown type of DT". That implies his ability to play the position.

Even if you want to go on your tangential logic, he was 4th for most snaps played. So we still got more use out of him that other teams.

You're clearly not getting my point, so I'll try and phrase this another way;

Name me the last Super Bowl team whose best player on defense was a DT.

By the way, it's lovely that you still have #shady as your custom title under your avatar. :)

You're clearly not getting my point, so I'll try and phrase this another way;

Name me the last Super Bowl team whose best player on defense was a DT.

By the way, it's lovely that you still have #shady as your custom title under your avatar. :)

Don't know how you can try to claim that is the same argument as before...

You could make claims for a few tbh, Wilfork, Ngata on recent teams. Going back a bit, Sapp from the 01 Bucks, Reggie White obviously. On some losing SB teams, guys like Justin Smith, Short, Dockett were all incredibly influential

I dont know how to change that :'( oh noes my custom title

You could make claims for a few tbh, Wilfork

Darrelle Revis says hi.

Ed reed says hi.

Sapp from the 01 Bucks

They won in 2002... but I grant you that he was the best player on the defense. So yes, you have to go back 15~ years to find a team that won the Super Bowl with a DT as their best player.

And that has been my point all along if you re-read the original post in question; Fletcher Cox is by far the Eagles best player, and he's a DT who at best isn't on the field 20% of the time. If you can't see the point I'm making there, despite now literally spelling it out multiple times, then I dunno what to tell you, my friend :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back