SNIPER_

All Australian
Aug 8, 2003
FNQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Redlegs
Was surfing around earlier tonight, found this new version of the old EA "NFL Head Coach" game... Definitely seems a lot better than the previous version....

Heres the link

NFLHeadCoach09_PS3BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg

Re: Video Game: NFL Head Coach 09

Looks decent, though I have never been one for these head coach sort of games (ie the soccer ones etc) tried doing a Madden franchise a while back and was fair lost but this may have to be given a whirl :)

NFL Head Coach 09

Is there a PAL version of this game available for xbox 360?

Can't seem to find it anywhere except for NTSC versions.

Same too with Madden NFL 09: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition, which includes the Head Coach game

If not, and as I don't want to buy a new NTSC xbox system, is there any other way to play NTSC games?

EDIT: been at this forum for over a week now and 2 seconds after posting this discovered there was a games subforum, my apologies. (If only I had the vision of my namesake)

Re: NFL Head Coach 09

Is there a PAL version of this game available for xbox 360?

Can't seem to find it anywhere except for NTSC versions.

Same too with Madden NFL 09: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition, which includes the Head Coach game

If not, and as I don't want to buy a new NTSC xbox system, is there any other way to play NTSC games?

EDIT: been at this forum for over a week now and 2 seconds after posting this discovered there was a games subforum, my apologies. (If only I had the vision of my namesake)
no i have that problem too all of them are NTSC format

PS3 is the wiser choice imo.

Region free games, movies aren't region-free, but it's blu-ray inbuilt, has free online (pending any future change), and the overall stability and make of the system itself compared to MS manufacturing.

Also, to me, the best part of old Madden's was when they had the "Create a Play/Playbook" feature. I would spend hours just in that, rather than play games. NFL Head Coach has now taken that part over, but I wish it were back in the Madden game itself, or you could at least port created playbooks from HC to Madden for online play.

NO WAY

Playing designed plays online?! GG, you're joking me, can you imagine the abuse.
Also with head coach, it seems a waste of time, considering I know all the draft classes from Madden 10 XD

That would be awesome tho. Giving actual freedom of creativeness and inventiveness. What Madden needs. Not locked in plays.

Or, at least allow people to construct their own playbooks from the list of default plays right thru Madden. Like you could do in 2K5. You had like 50 total slots open, and could move plays in and out.

This would be good because there are a bunch of Ace Twins plays spread right thru Madden's playbooks, not replicated in other playbooks. You could grab all your favorites for Ace Twin, Ace, I-Form, Split-Form, Goalline, Shotgun, etc.

Riggy could create a playbook full of trick plays lol.

Always preferred these management type games. More realistic and interesting that the usual fare. Surprisingly not as many games for NFL as there is for soccer.

Many years ago I came across a soccer management game which I loved playing despite that I hate soccer, so I'm chomping at the bit for an NFL one. However I'm now consigned to the fact I won't ever play this game and will have to hope for a similar game in the future. Or perhaps settle for the 'franchise' mode in Madden which I assume is just a watered down version of the Head Coach game?

Saw this thread and thought I'd give it a whirl, got it for AU$25 inc. postage off of e-bay.

It is awesome.

Made me late for what I was doing tonight, but well worth it. Haven't gone fully into it, but my first impression is of an amazing game. I hated the first one, but this one shits all over it.

Now I have to decide if I'll play NCAA or this when I get home later...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

started playing this again the last week (my save filed in ncaa football 13 were getting too big that i couldnt get past 15 years so couldnt obtain that 60 year trophy...)

Kinda fun calling the plays like the coach and not controlling them.

And its fun with Atlanta as you start right at the beginning of the Mike Smith era and a rebuild is in order.

And it's nice ALbert Haynseworth isnt a bust.

Riggy could create a playbook full of trick plays lol.
The flea flicker in the New England playbook is already killer.
Think I did it 10 times in that game there.
2 drops
1 pick 6 (final play of the game when up 38-14)
1 tackle at Los
Everything else was ~30 yard completions every time.

Wow, this game has good Ai.
Overcommit to flea flicker one weak, picked apart the next.

Lost 31-28 :(

Was so hard.
Quarter time down 7-0
Come back to get to 21-7 on the back of 2 defensive tds. They get it back to 21-21, I score to go up 28-21.
Bucks drive down the field and goal to go. I get a goal line stand. Then on 1st down, tackle for loss and a safety.

Wah, 30 seconds left, another goal line stand needed. Failed.
Couldn't mount a comeback in final 30 seconds. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back