Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey

Remove this Banner Ad

tXbJBXbU.jpg

Nick Blakey
Nick Blakey is a prodigious talent with a laser-sharp left boot, an outstanding overhead ability and searing pace. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product booted 21 goals in 19 games in a brilliant debut season en route to winning the club’s 2019 Rising Star award, and while he added a lively element to the forward line last year, he’s likely to play on a wing or in the midfield in 2020. Nick is the son of former Fitzroy and North Melbourne champion John Blakey, who’s had a variety of roles on the Swans’ coaching panel since 2006.

Nick Blakey
DOB: 27 February 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #10, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: University Of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its suspicious high profile draftess slide when they are injured or miss significant parts of the championships but Academy players seem to be immune to that :think:

:Mods feel free to move this post to the conspiracy thread if its to much tin-foil.
Weren't both bids by Melbourne under Roos? He knew what they were

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to see how blakey has a decent impact next year, he is not just small but he is under developed. No doubt has enormous talent but he might spend the majority of next year in the twos and slowly add size. Realistically he needs another 10 kgs to be ready for afl

I find it hard to see how blakey has a decent impact next year, he is not just small but he is under developed. No doubt has enormous talent but he might spend the majority of next year in the twos and slowly add size. Realistically he needs another 10 kgs to be ready for afl

That is why we could play him as a midfielder for the first few years as he is an okay size for that. For most of his football playing life Blakey was a midfielder.

Saddington 2.0? 3rd tall forward type by the look of his build. Tall and slim is not the midfielder we need imo. At least prob won't go higher than 8 so the points won't be an issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back