Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what? The statement was made about his 2nd year, I just threw another 2nd year player into the mix.

Nick has had all the advantages of modern pathways and coaching / mentoring.

Diesel was rejected but Carlton twice and went back to bush leagues.
But everyone Nick plays against has had those same benefits

I played in back to back flags as a player, if that's what you're referring to? Not sure what my amateur career 15 years ago has to do with this topic though??
Flags from under 10’s don’t count.

To be honest, I'm not seeing many people trying to shoot him down at all.

Most acknowledge he's really good and playing really well.

There are a some though that don't seem to directly correlate a player's possession count with their ability and/or impact as a player. And they're absolutely correct.
You’re sure having a crack though, you’ve potted him in almost every post you’ve made.

So what? The statement was made about his 2nd year, I just threw another 2nd year player into the mix.

Nick has had all the advantages of modern pathways and coaching / mentoring.

Diesel was rejected but Carlton twice and went back to bush leagues.
Yeah I was responding to a Greg Williams question, are you suggesting Nick isn’t the youngest player to ever debut VFL/AFL? If so you just blew my socks off, I never knew that.

And you never threw a second player into the mix.

But everyone Nick plays against has had those same benefits
....and?

I'm not knocking Daicos, I've just introduced another 2nd year player to the conversation for comparison after another poster said they'd never seen anything like it from a 2nd year player.

Stop being so fragile and defensive.

....and?

I'm not knocking Daicos, I've just introduced another 2nd year player to the conversation for comparison after another poster said they'd never seen anything like it from a 2nd year player.

Stop being so fragile and defensive.
It’s just a flawed argument that he has an advantage due to modern coaching as he can only play against his peers as could Williams

Yeah I was responding to a Greg Williams question, are you suggesting Nick isn’t the youngest player to ever debut VFL/AFL? If so you just blew my socks off, I never knew that.

And you never threw a second player into the mix.

I'm the one that threw Greg Williams in.

I remember watching Tim Watson debuting as a 15 year old in 1977.

When CD brought it in it was to measure the impact of outside players, i.e. wingmen.

For rucks, inside mids, or key position players I agree that it's irrelevant.

It's a very positional stat.
In isolation, it means **** all.

Would you rather a Bailey Smith 55m high, long bomb to a contest up the line, or a Pendlebury 30m 45 degree kick into the corridor?

One gets double the 'metres gained', but is totally worthless to the team. Almost a liability.

Without context, that stat is just garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s just a flawed argument that he has an advantage due to modern coaching as he can only play against his peers as could Williams

Modern coaching and pathways.

He's been groomed for it his whole life, with his old man and all of the doors / advantages / access that provides. He still has to have the talent and do the work and have the drive to make it happen.

Williams had none of that yet became one of the greatest footballers the game has seen.

He's been groomed for it his whole life, with his old man and all of the doors / advantages / access that provides. He still has to have the talent and do the work and have the drive to make it happen.

Williams had none of that yet became one of the greatest footballers the game has seen.
And nobody that Williams played against had the access to modern coaching and pathways. Yet everyone Nick plays against has. That’s why your logic is so flawed

That’s Greg’s problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back