Toast Nick Dal Santo - 300 games (260 great ones with us) - Announced Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

As happy as I am with Longer a huge part of me wishes we'd just kept him on. Champion and glad to see him get there but bittersweet it couldn't be at the Saints. Have a feeling they'll get thrashed next week but we'll see.

Would've loved to have seen him retire a Saint but we did what we had to do. Still think the colours he wears these days don't suit him but enjoy watching him anyway.

Congrats Dal.

Congratulations to Dal on his 300th next week. Nice to think they could sneak a win but we forget how good the two winners of the Qual Finals are when they have the week off with their feet up while their opponents slug it out in a semi. I heard that when he first arrived at NM he went around the office and introduced himself to the staff ... I call that classy. I would have loved to see him finish a Saint but that wasn't to be so good luck to the Kangas this week and Dal in particular.

I watch him at North and am I'm glad we had his best years. Hopefully he see's himself as a saint when he retires. But it's a fantastic achievement

Favourite memory was against Melbourne in 2005 kicked 3 or 4 in the first quarter. His 2011 season when Lenny went down was also amazing.

I watch him at North and am I'm glad we had his best years. Hopefully he see's himself as a saint when he retires. But it's a fantastic achievement

Favourite memory was against Melbourne in 2005 kicked 3 or 4 in the first quarter. His 2011 season when Lenny went down was also amazing.

Yeah I think that's one of my first memories at the footy. That game was at the MCG wasn't it? Back when you could still have a kick on the ground after the game.

Yeah I think that's one of my first memories at the footy. That game was at the MCG wasn't it? Back when you could still have a kick on the ground after the game.
Yeap it was at the G.. This was about his last BOG performance for the season... 1 more and he would have had a Brownlow! Went close again in 2009 as well from memory.

Also, they have been allowing ground access at the G after certain games again this year :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he'll be remembered as a Saint and will remember himself as a saint. Only thing that could possibly change that would be a flag I think.

Hopefully he gets a bit reflective this week and thinks about all those 'almost' moments in his career and comes out with fire in the belly.

Of course he'll be remembered as a Saint and will remember himself as a saint. Only thing that could possibly change that would be a flag I think.

Hopefully he gets a bit reflective this week and thinks about all those 'almost' moments in his career and comes out with fire in the belly.

I reckon you'll have most Saints fans in your corner this week! Let's hope Dal kicks the winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back