Discussion Nick Walsh, Head of High Performance and Conditioning quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't post articles, doesn't know who the replacement is

Everything alright over there mate? Come round for a few drinks to unwind if you like, I'm a great guy
Be careful or I will give you a thumbs down

I just think of you as Lobster Boy
I can remove it I just choose not to because I'm a really great guy, perhaps you will see that if we go for drinks? See you then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can remove it I just choose not to because I'm a really great guy, perhaps you will see that if we go for drinks? See you then
Animation Loop GIF by KatyBeveridge

Based off the press conference - sounds like Ross came in, changed the set up of the high performance while also bringing in Misson and that changed what Walsh's role was. Walsh wasn't happy with what his role became so left.
That's a fair summary.

I see what people here talk about when they rave about Ross's pressers. So informative, vague when he needs to be and so precice and clear other times. No time wasted on stating the obvious and low level aspirational chat.

Specifically:

Can't wait to see us play Geelong. He clearly has them as the team to beat, said it in almost all his media, another system oriented team. That's clearly what he wants us to become rather than the Pies or Dees. Sign me up.

Nick Walsh's successor is about to be announced, seems like its been in the pipeline a while and sounds like another very good appointment rather than another "Who?" moment. I'm excited.
Loved the way he took ownership of Nick W's exit too, and explained how and why it happened.

He's clearly learnt from his past with us and is now invested in pumping up the fringe players. Peris gets another mention, as does Hammer, as does "Titanic" Sharman, those guys know they are right in the mix not being left in the cold. I hope that soon we'll be hearing him talk about the likes of Keeler and Heath, as good as Marshall has been.

Slightly concerned that he thinks our attacking play will be solved by Max and Hammer coming in, would have thought his focus should have been smarter forward entries, but he did say at the start of his appointment he was into us playing Chaosball, and if he thinks that bombing into the F50 and having talls controlling the skies is the way to go, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and trust that Harves is a superior forward coach to Brendan Lade.

It sounds like a similar situation to Rath where he realised that his role was going to change to the point where it wasn't worth staying on so he quit.

I think they call that quiet firing these days where a person basically gets pushed into quitting their job.
That's how I feel about my job, but I've got 2.5 years to go, and I'm not quitting until then.

Sounds a l lot like Ross is the GM of football at the moment

Probably a good thing
I don't think that's a good thing. He should concentrate on coaching and let the other do their stuff like all other teams

Finally it isn't the easiest paycheck in town

Too many under Richo and Ratten just collected a wage.

About time that changed, anyone who isn’t up for it can go.
Danny Sexton (Head Of Football Operations at St. Kilda FC) says hi

Next years draftees wont even have been born when he started at the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back