AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* up Nate.
And that’s why we aren’t in the top sides - gilroy was pretty bad all year finishes 7th
Gavalas never took a ball cleanly and scrubs the ball

Did they announce any new signings
They did not.

I believe gilroy will be announced soon though. 🤷‍♂️

Spoke to Gilly, Ash and Kashy - all thoroughly delightful - and to Dr Sonja and Ben A. Best part was watching the girls (and Ash’s mum) having fun together, they really look like close friends. Did not expect to see Ash dancing on Gilly‘s shoulders so that was a bonus. No chat about next season as far as signings, except Kashy said she’d be ready and although she lives playing in summer, she’ll be glad to have her teacher‘s Christmas break, and Gilly was pleased to be playing in spring and able to go home for Christmas. I don’t think Daria was there but I didn’t see everyone. Good to see Dani and Donna chatting with the girls, and with Crock, and nice to see Noble and his wife, Souv and Jack drop in for a while.

Enjoyed meeting kool kangas and catching up with Luke72, and sorry we missed Nate7 and Quivorir.

Congratulations to the players, called the top three (wasn’t too hard, they are guns and had great seasons). Excellent fourth from Jenna (who was wearing Jas’s medal as soon as the photos had been taken) and I’d call out Brooke Brown and Bella Eddy for finishing in the top 10.

No announcements of signings, trades or delistings.
Emma K and Sonja emphasised that all departing players are welcome back at the club anytime.
Emma K less whole-hearted than Sonja on this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFLW side started with so much promise and is rapidly chasing parity with the AFL side.

Gilroy and Bannister are game-changers. We lost both which really sucks.

Fortunately the AFL will furnish us with compensation picks #108 and #110.
Plodders is our thing - they didn’t fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back