Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll be wading in at least another 12 months of s**t before we see any results.

We started from the lowest base you could find. We're trying to make up ground fitness wise which should help us execute under duress.

The panic element of the fanbase wants us to revert to a kick it down the line, stoppage game. Mediocrity City. If we went that way, I'd be concerned about Noble. I doubt he will.

We need to hold our nerve.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We'll be wading in at least another 12 months of sh*t before we see any results.

We started from the lowest base you could find. We're trying to make up ground fitness wise which should help us execute under duress.

The panic element of the fanbase wants us to revert to a kick it down the line, stoppage game. Mediocrity City. If we went that way, I'd be concerned about Noble. I doubt he will.

This. Not sure folks appreciate what a hole Noble had to climb into to even get on level ground.

We'll be wading in at least another 12 months of sh*t before we see any results.

Well done passmore

Way too early to tell either way.

It seems that Noble is very big on the education / teaching side of the game, which is great for our list in its current phase, but the real test will be when these guys have gone through that development phase and it becomes a purely about performance.

Let’s hope that Noble can also deliver on the tactical side of coaching as well, because that is the modern game in a nutshell. It’s now all about structures and tactical systems.

We have at least 2 years before we need to address is the coach good enough? At the moment he is fulfilling his role as what is essentially head development coach.

Way too early to tell either way.

It seems that Noble is very big on the education / teaching side of the game, which is great for our list in its current phase, but the real test will be when these guys have gone through that development phase and it becomes a purely about performance.

Let’s hope that Noble can also deliver on the tactical side of coaching as well, because that is the modern game in a nutshell. It’s now all about structures and tactical systems.

We have at least 2 years before we need to address is the coach good enough, at the moment he is fulfilling his role as what is essentially head development coach.
I'm not too concerned given the people he has surrounded himself with. Some highly regarded operators on the coaching panel, its not like he has jade rawlings as back up

Agree on all, I just don't know if the three talls contributed to the loss as much as many think.

They got us 21 points up.

We lost our sh*t and our cool in the third quarter and couldn't cope and right ourselves.

Not entirely sure that's CCJ's fault.
A lot of it is CCJ fault. Like you I think the 3 talls can definitely be successful, with the right mix. But CCJ had an absolute dog of a day, 4 possessions for a total of 7 meters gained. Zurhaar was rubbish but even he got a shot on goal. And then again, maybe for Larkey had held on to a couple of the chest marks he dropped CCJ would have been in the right position!

What I can't fathom is how fumbly we are, and how bad our skills are. And it wasn't just this game, it was the theme of the preseason games.

Anyway, if we do finish bottom 2 again we will be getting a priority pick and our turn for a 3 peat dynasty will be assured.

Round 1 bitter aftertaste in mouth but nonetheless - what's the markers for Noble this year after getting the first taste of real demonstrated form?

Someone made a wisecrack about Clarkson but the club would (I hope) maintain an objective view around all options available to them.

If we serve up 2 months straight of similarly disorganised football will there be a little more heat internally regardless of being tagged as a 'development' year?
- Improvement in the 22-24 year old group. This is going to happen organically, however I hope that we see a significant number of this group take a step forward in 2022. This is the likes of Larkey, Zurhaar, Simpkin, Mckay, LDU, Stephenson, Xerri, Thomas etc.

- Improvement in execution of fundamental skills. We are the worst side by foot in the competition, I'd like to lose that tag by the end of the year.

- Improvement in the forward 50 entries. This has not improved since Noble walked through the door. Winning clearances is irrelevant if we continue to bomb it long.

- Transforming the back 6. We need to start the transition of youth through the back 6 this year. McKay is currently our only young (is 24 still young?) player that will be apart of our next flag tilt. Goater, Perez, Walker or Bergman, whoever is the most advanced, should be getting opportunity and games experience.

- Identifiable brand. I've defended Noble against Kingy's comments recently, however the concerns Kingy has raised were warranted on the weekend. If things aren't going 100% our way, Nobles game plan deteriorates. I'd like to see what is a clearer more sustainable way that we try to play.

What this means in terms of results?

- In 2021 we were the most scored against side with nearly 300 goals scored against (299). I'd like for us to not be the bottom of this in 2022, 4th most goals scored against, if I were to put a number on it.

- In 2021 we were the second lowest scoring side with 210 goals score for. I'd like for us to be the 6th lowest scoring side in 2022.

- 6 wins is what I'm expecting, 8 wins is what I'm hoping, 7 wins meets in the middle.

- 4.5 wins is a big cross for Noble IMO. 5 wins is hardly a tick either.

Round 1 bitter aftertaste in mouth but nonetheless - what's the markers for Noble this year after getting the first taste of real demonstrated form?

Someone made a wisecrack about Clarkson but the club would (I hope) maintain an objective view around all options available to them.

If we serve up 2 months straight of similarly disorganised football will there be a little more heat internally regardless of being tagged as a 'development' year'
If we serve up the same rubbish for 2months straight then definitely the heat should come on to Noble and if there s no improvement for the rest of the year after that then his job should be reviewed.

A lot of it is CCJ fault. Like you I think the 3 talls can definitely be successful, with the right mix. But CCJ had an absolute dog of a day, 4 possessions for a total of 7 meters gained. Zurhaar was rubbish but even he got a shot on goal. And then again, maybe for Larkey had held on to a couple of the chest marks he dropped CCJ would have been in the right position!

What I can't fathom is how fumbly we are, and how bad our skills are. And it wasn't just this game, it was the theme of the preseason games.

Anyway, if we do finish bottom 2 again we will be getting a priority pick and our turn for a 3 peat dynasty will be assured.
Nothing is assured

If we serve up 2 months straight of similarly disorganised football will there be a little more heat internally regardless of being tagged as a 'development' year?

Keeping Goldstein off the ground for the first 10 minutes of the game was one of the worst coaching mistakes we’ve had. We can’t afford to have a tall resting on the bench because our kids can’t carry that much load, they were knackerd by the last quarter.

Anymore bizarre s**t like that will definitely have me worried about his coaching.

Keeping Goldstein off the ground for the first 10 minutes of the game was one of the worst coaching mistakes we’ve had. We can’t afford to have a tall resting on the bench because our kids can’t carry that much load, they were knackerd by the last quarter.

Anymore bizarre sh*t like that will definitely have me worried about his coaching.
Our talls make up nearly 20% of the side. Surely they get to have a rest as well.

Anymore bizarre sh*t like that will definitely have me worried about his coaching.

Goldy is not going to play forever though.

If we're in a development year and we're relying on Goldy to shoulder the load, we're screwed long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or they should keep him to help the transition?
I think this but I don't see a need for 3 rucks in the team. He can have a rest every now and again or they can tear the role from his hands. If they didn't want to play him at the expense of a younger player they should have traded him.

I think this but I don't see a need for 3 rucks in the team. He can have a rest every now and again or they can tear the role from his hands. If they didn't want to play him at the expense of a younger player they should have traded him.

I wonder if they want him to play so we can get CCJ and Xerri used to the system and they can bring Chom/Edwards through.

Any time a team puts pressure around the ground we seem to crumble. When Hawthorn lifted their intensity near the end of the 2nd quarter - we seemed out of it. Could almost pin it down to that disallowed goal.

Would hope there was extenuating circumstances that lead to the massive drop off in intensity, but we really need to learn how to work through the rough patches. Thought we made a lot of ground in the back end of last year but the Adelaide game and yesterday were disappointing and showed how far we have to go.

Shouldn't be talk of sacking and he's not beyond criticism, but we would want to see some big inroads being made by the end of the year leading into 2023.

Noble had a Stinker. Playing CCJ, Xerri and Goldy in the one side was stupid. The general consensus is that it was stupid. To me it reeked off, we traded for CCJ so to justify the trade we must play him, but we can’t not play Xerri, and Goldy is clearly best 22. CCJ should not have played. Bottom Line.

So Noble wanted to see if Land of the Giants could work. When we kicked it inside 50 could we mark it? Marks were 14 to 8 Hawthorn’s way inside 50. And how many tackles inside 50? 14 to 7 Hawthorn’s way. What does that tell you? Plus we won inside 50’s 53 to 49. But apparently our loss had nothing to do with Land of the Giants. Turn it up Noble. :stern look

So CCJ was stinking it up. It happens. So what did Noble do to try to get him into the game? No extended run for CCJ in the Ruck. Not good coaching. The same applies with Stephenson. Sure he stunk it up. Why not give him a crack on the wing? No let him rot in the forward line. Poor Coaching.

Also we continue to get done on transition. Were is out defensive structures? Who is responsible for setting that up?

We are still moths to a flame. Too many in, not enough protecting the outlets. Whose fault is that?

Yeah we are young. Yeah we are rebuilding. And yes it’s only one game. But this result is as much due to a poor coaching performance as it was due to some players being ordinary on the day. Hopefully Noble has a better week this week. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back