Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can answer that with 100% certainty.

He was moved on for his inability to sell the club, I am not saying that is right or wrong but it was the reason.

I'd suggest Amarfio was meant to be the bees knees after his work with CA

One thing you absolutely cannot say about Amarfio is that he failed to sell the club.

During our worst ever on-field performances, our off-field partnerships and sponsorships got stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘So David, was it difficult for you to get this club laden with talent to play so poorly in a weekly basis, or did it come
naturally?
Harsh. Yes the club underperformed but it hardly mattered if we finished 15th instead of last.

Noble also didn't have access to Sheezel, Logue, Shiels nor a healthy Cunnington, Greenwood and Bergman as well as the youngsters getting another preseason to build up their fitness.

He wasn't the right man for the job but had good intentions and his failings contributed to the suddenly rosy future in front of us.

He unfortunately had zero idea on how to coach
That’s the problem. Just a failure of the previous chairman and board and putting our faith in an administrator.
Teague, Rutten, Ratten all got sacked after short tenures and all ended up at football clubs. This guy ended up in the football wilderness.

Nice bloke, never said a bad word but that doesn’t cut it in this industry.

Noble should have taken the Brisbane CEO role when it was handed to him instead of trying is hand at being a head coach...he was far and away a much better administrator and he admitted this recently when he took the role at DJR motosport.
100% agree with Psicosis, Nobes will be supportive of the club and where its come but it doesnt hide from the fact that he was in over his head at this level.

That’s the problem. Just a failure of the previous chairman and board and putting our faith in an administrator.
Teague, Rutten, Ratten all got sacked after short tenures and all ended up at football clubs. This guy ended up in the football wilderness.

Nice bloke, never said a bad word but that doesn’t cut it in this industry.
Yet he will almost certainly be back in AFL clubland at some point.

Noble should have taken the Brisbane CEO role when it was handed to him instead of trying is hand at being a head coach...he was far and away a much better administrator and he admitted this recently when he took the role at DJR motosport.
100% agree with Psicosis, Nobes will be supportive of the club and where its come but it doesnt hide from the fact that he was in over his head at this level.
Noble really needed better, more experienced footy people around him. Just look at Clarko's coaching panel now and compare that to the Heath Younie types.

Noble really needed better, more experienced footy people around him. Just look at Clarko's coaching panel now and compare that to the Heath Younie types.
I disagree, Noble should have to stayed in administration and the Board at the time should never had given the task of coaching a young, rebuilding AFL team to a person whose last coaching gig was Glenelg in the early 2000's and as an assistant with the crows in 2010 - you couldn't offer Blakey the head gig rather than assistant, you had Mark Williams sitting there but all l heard was "Nah, he's passed it, the game has changed, he's too old', yet we gave the keys to a bloke who was an assistant in an AFL side 11 years prior and in admin for the last 10 years, give me a spell.

He could have surrounded himself with experienced coaches but that's on all on Nobes.

Now had they appointed Noble to take over Amarfio, that would have made sense but...hey you've seen and witnessed the last two years!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back