Review NMFC vs Port Power Post match analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't read any of this thread but if anyone is using injuries as an excuse I'll spew. We deserved to lose by 4-5 goals and all of the same horrible traits that have plagued us were very evident - awful set ups from kick outs, conceding end to end scores, missing tackles and just generally shit decision-making and execution under pressure.

How we got in front late I'll never know, and then bang, we tackle Gray around his hips instead of his arms and let a runner get out the back to do another Petrenko.

**** off.

Why did you go for a zone when you were trailing by a goal with 2 minutes left?
Not sure That's when you want to see an on field leader take control and start directing traffic. Not much can happen from the coaches box at that stage of a game tbh. Beaten by a better side on the night.

Did you watch Essendon v Hawthorn last week?

Are Hawthorn contenders?
Nah mate. Bombers are certainties for the flag. Any other club would be lucky to have Stanton and he'd be the shoo in choice at 17 other clubs.

Scott seems to be getting off lightly I thought his coaching to allow Port to have a loose down back was the reason we lost the game.

5 minutes in(after Broadbents 7th touch) I turned to my mate and said if we allow Port to have s loose all night we can't can't win.

This is also something I posted before the Bris game:
"But I tell you right now our midfield ain't capable of dominating the good sides which makes it vitally important to lock the ball in against them. A forward line of Waite, Petrie and Brown won't cut it against them in my opinion."

We need to make a decision what our best structure is quickly and to me Brown has to play so either Petrie or Waite miss out.

The loose man back is kicking us over and over to be honest. Their spare man racks it up and cuts off out putrid long bombs. Our spare man down the other end is nowhere to be seen and we often see our back flankers one out with KPP's. In my opinion it's a tactic that knee caps us most weeks. Man the ****er up

This is also something I posted before the Bris game:
"But I tell you right now our midfield ain't capable of dominating the good sides which makes it vitally important to lock the ball in against them. A forward line of Waite, Petrie and Brown won't cut it against them in my opinion."

We need to make a decision what our best structure is quickly and to me Brown has to play so either Petrie or Waite miss out.

Our forward line was the absolute least of our worries tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centre clearances 21-11 killed us, allowing them quick inside 50's. ****ing poor effort

Yep.

It's embarrassing to read the excuses in this thread of why we lost (as if Port were full strength and playing at home)

We weren't good enough. The end : /

With respect, mentioning injuries and outs isn't necessarily reaching for excuses. They are legitimate issues which contributed to us losing a very winnable game. Some of our structures contributed. Some of our skill executions and decision making contributed. Some of our players having ****ing howlers contributed. Port being a good team and playing well also contributed.

I wish i was dead.
Our so called tackle coach has a lot to answer to, i reckon we have actually gone backwards in this skill rather than improve, opposition usually seem to get a handball off even when we manage to stick a tackle, which in itself it is a rarity rather than the norm
Whats the incredible hulk up to these days? Owns a boxing gym iirc. Would know tackling too. Rene....come on down!!

Everybody shuttup!! Must Cop it on the chin, face the music and move on. A loss is a loss. No second prize. Can only make amends next week.

IUB.....for someone pissed.....you make alot of sense.
Could see hurt on the boys faces. For themselves and for us.

Take it on the chin.....move on and hope like hell we never see those umpires again.

Centre clearances 21-11 killed us, allowing them quick inside 50's. ******* poor effort
Yep.
Decisively harder at the contest, spread beautifully and were able to hit targets going forward, repeatedly.

Our backs were under a hiding to nothing and under the circumstances did a reasonable job considering.

We lost it in the middle, plain and simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back