Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

My last grind was collecting all the glyphs for the portals so I could visit the galactic hub community, only to find that you can't do anything on the other side of the portal anyway, rendering the whole exercise pointless

How does the VR work anyway? Can I just borrow someone’s headset and play it or do I need to buy a different edition of the game as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think 11gb is the size of the entire game, update is a fair bit smaller. Either way, mine didn't take very long this morning
I definitely have the game installed as I've been playing the last couple of days and had to download 11gb last night.

I definitely have the game installed as I've been playing the last couple of days and had to download 11gb last night.
are you sure, because sometimes it can look like the download file is that big but it's only downloading 1 or 2 gb. I know I definitely didn't download anywhere near 11gb because it was too quick

Been too crook for work. As part of the recovery process I have been living alternate existences via a gaming console. Downloaded and started playing this on the PS4. Post update there are a fair slew of crashes and reloading going on.

In between that there's been some changes. The layout of everyones' bases should still be fine and none of my planets have changed layout or climate on me.

BUT.

Everything important needs power. The new biofuel generators are goddamn thirsty for carbon. You can get solar panels once you've researched the tech. They've changed the old blueprint scanner by the way into a more generalised base module blueprint thingy. You still need to find buried data to make it work but it's all tech trees now.

Use creative mode to explore all the new stuff without it costing you materials! Get a feel for the new layouts and tech requirements and snap-on system for base-building (not quite Fallout 4 style but a lot closer than it was) before loading up your old save.

Until they patch it again be prepared to save. A LOT.

The space stations look a whole lot better. More aliens. The ships are bigger! Most important, you can shift tech upgrades around now without deleting them!

I'm gonna go back and play some more in between fits of coughing.

are you sure, because sometimes it can look like the download file is that big but it's only downloading 1 or 2 gb. I know I definitely didn't download anywhere near 11gb because it was too quick
You're right, game is definitely only 11gb itself but I certainly downloaded 11gb. Wonder wtf happened :S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back