No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I rang Ticketmaster prior to the Carlton game I was told I can just get a ticket on the day at the ground. I basically just need a spot to park my walker and sit on the seat on it. My season seat used to be on Level 1 Aisle 35 Row C, but I can't walk up and down stairs anymore and I have to use my walker at all times for safety reasons. I might just sit on my walker in the standing room area right behind that section. It used to be so easy to go to the footy. Now, not so much. ;)
As MD describes, there are areas in Level 2 that would be great for you. I sit right next to one of them and there is always space. You should ring up and see if you can request a spot. It’ll take a bit of stress out of it knowing you have your seat sorted.

As MD describes, there are areas in Level 2 that would be great for you. I sit right next to one of them and there is always space. You should ring up and see if you can request a spot. It’ll take a bit of stress out of it knowing you have your seat sorted.
My problem is that I won't know until the day, if I'm up to going. I have a rare disease that dictates what I can and can not do depending on how I feel on the day. I have good days and bad days and some just OK and some awful. It's difficult to explain.

My problem is that I won't know until the day, if I'm up to going. I have a rare disease that dictates what I can and can not do depending on how I feel on the day. I have good days and bad days and some just OK and some awful. It's difficult to explain.
I'm sure they could deal with that if you let them know. Uncertain attendance should be a routine part of dealing with members with special requirements.

Hope you're having a good day on Saturday.

Hopefully you can get there and we have a win for you.

No need to explain and I didn’t mean to pry. Just hope you can make it to the game and it’s as hassle-free as possible. All the best.

Not sure if you are being serious.
If you are do you like it when people accuse our flag as being tainted because of umpiring ?

Come on the umpiring has gone to a new level this year. It’s not the umpires fault, it’s the AFL changing the rules constantly. Even the umpires are pissed off about the lack of consultation with them and the abuse they cop because of the rule changes.

Come on the umpiring has gone to a new level this year. It’s not the umpires fault, it’s the AFL changing the rules constantly. Even the umpires are pissed off about the lack of consultation with them and the abuse they cop because of the rule changes.

I was taking issue with you saying that they give particular teams in this case Collingwood a “good run”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was taking issue with you saying that they give particular teams in this case Collingwood a “good run”.

I take issue to being pulled up on a throw away tongue in cheek line, that is said by 100s of men on BF. It’s been fairly well talked about since the Carlton Collingwood game that Collingwood got a very good run with the umpires 24-8 in fact. Any reason why you decide to get stuck into me again? Or are you getting stuck into every other person on BF as will, if they mention umpires?

I take issue to being pulled up on a throw away tongue in cheek line, that is said by 100s of men on BF. It’s been fairly well talked about since the Carlton Collingwood game that Collingwood got a very good run with the umpires 24-8 in fact. Any reason why you decide to get stuck into me again? Or are you getting stuck into every other person on BF as will, if they mention umpires?

Wow.

Sorry. I didn’t know it was tongue in cheek, and I don’t think what I have said here is all that bad compared to say the last incident.

Just sick of conspiracy theories about 2016 being put out there and find it interesting when our supporters engage in the same sort of talk about others clubs.

I have been quite active in calling out the BS on this Free kick Bulldogs issue on BF. The fact that you are a woman has nothing to do with anything.

Yes I understand you were not engaging in that behaviour now and you were being tongue in cheek. I feel bad that I have irritated you again.

That’s is all I will say.

Wow.

Sorry. I didn’t know it was tongue in cheek, and I don’t think what I have said here is all that bad compared to say the last incident.

Just sick of conspiracy theories about 2016 being put out there and find it interesting when our supporters engage in the same sort of talk about others clubs.

I have been quite active in calling out the BS on this Free kick Bulldogs issue on BF. The fact that you are a woman has nothing to do with anything.

Yes I understand you were not engaging in that behaviour now and you were being tongue in cheek. I feel bad that I have irritated you again.

That’s is all I will say.

Yes I get irritated with the free kick Bulldogs crap too.

Sorry I don’t enjoy BF much anymore. I feel like I am the only one flying the flag sometimes, i don’t take kindly to the opposition putting our club down it makes me sick looking at simpering BF Bulldogs putting down the club on other boards, no wonder we get such little respect. I don’t know how MOC stands it. I love footy for the tribalism, but our tribe turns on each other a bit too much, so I barely post much these days.

It took me aback that my little comment got jumped on, when worse gets said.

It’s made me realise it’s time to move on.

I think Carlton have Brad Scott lined up. The timing of his ‘walking away’ just seems weird. Maybe it’s simple and North had too much respect for him and didn’t want to sack him and asked him to step away on his own accord but it just feels like there is something there.

Clubs with young teams seem to love Scott though. Gold Coast tried to get him after McKenna, he knocked back Brisbane before they settled on Fagan. Find that strange too because he doesn’t seem to have a great development record at North. They’ve been a team full a mediocre players for a while.

Carlton gonna sack another coach? So its not them trading away top level players, especially forwards who have gone on to other clubs and starred? Nothing to do with the crap load of low first round picks that never reached elite status? Nothing to do with sacking their best coach they've had in the last twenty years that took them to finals? Nothing to do with trading in players from other clubs that haven't fit in? At what point do they stop blaming the coach and look at how the club is run internally? Scott is a massively overrated coach, all he is good at is sooking about everything. Both of them are. Carlton fans will have the right to ask serious questions about the mentality of those who run the club of they go low for Scott.

Last edited:

Sorry I don’t enjoy BF much anymore. I feel like I am the only one flying the flag sometimes, i don’t take kindly to the opposition putting our club down it makes me sick looking at simpering BF Bulldogs putting down the club on other boards, no wonder we get such little respect. I don’t know how MOC stands it. I love footy for the tribalism, but our tribe turns on each other a bit too much, so I barely post much these days.

Nooo Don’t let it get you down DRB
I enjoy your posts

Carlton gonna sack another coach? So its not them trading away top level players, especially forwards who have gone on to other clubs and starred? Nothing to do with the crap load of low first round picks that never reached elite status? Nothing to do with sacking their best coach they've had in the last twenty years that took them to finals? Nothing to do with trading in players from other clubs that haven't fit in? At what point do they stop blaming the coach and look at how the club is run internally? Scott is a massively overrated coach, all he is good at is sooking about everything.

I think more than the coach will be moved on after this year. Whoever ticked off the deal trading pick one will also be in a lot of trouble.

I do feel a little bit sorry for Bolton because that list he was given has been as bad as any list you could start with but there is only so many losses you can have before you’re moved on. They won 7 games in his first year, 6 in his second then 2 in his third and have only beaten our sorry butts this year. Not a good sign to be trending downwards.

Funnily I think Ratten is the best choice if they sack Bolton. Unfortunately I don’t think either party will want to go down that road again.

Edit: I think there are a lot of similarities with Carlton right now with Bolton and Brisbane with Leppitsch in his last year. And I expect the outcome to be the same.

I think Carlton have Brad Scott lined up. The timing of his ‘walking away’ just seems weird. Maybe it’s simple and North had too much respect for him and didn’t want to sack him and asked him to step away on his own accord but it just feels like there is something there.

Clubs with young teams seem to love Scott though. Gold Coast tried to get him after McKenna, he knocked back Brisbane before they settled on Fagan. Find that strange too because he doesn’t seem to have a great development record at North. They’ve been a team full a mediocre players for a while.

I don't think that there is any real surprise to the timing of his possible departure, especially when it comes hot on the heals of his own admission that he completely mis-read the effect that the 6-6-6 rule was going to have on the game and his team in particular. To me when combined with their head scratching topping up with mid-range players last pre-season like they were in contention for a flag instead of the reality that hey currently find themselves in languishing in at 17th was the height of coaching incompetence from somebody who always struck me as a middling coach at best and in the end that is probably the real basis for his apparent conscious uncoupling from the norfs in the coming days. Its clearly not working, the fans are revolting and the club has had enough and decided to finally cut its loses.

Would be disappointed to lose you. But agree there are too many dickheads here. Cutting right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back