No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont kid yourselves, you're going to watch the Grand Final.

Anybody who bothers to post on a football fan forum is by any measure a) a moron and b) fully invested in the game regardless of who plays.
Hey! I’m not fully invested in the game

If GWS win, will we constantly hear that they only won due to the bye? Not to mention they only finished 6th?

I’d say yes and even potentially more than us. Look at 2/3 of their last games of the season. They were cooked mentally and physically. I believe they got just as many players back as we did.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this creates demands to end the bye (with this being the second time if it occurs).

How are they going to make less money on the GF ?

Crowd will still be 100,000, corporates are locked in, the TV rights are locked in and the ratings are now channel 7’s issue and will still be strong.

The hype around the game, the corporates, the bells and whistles part of the build up. They’ll still make heaps but a Pies v Tigers GF would’ve been enormous.

I get that GWS pinched ward and griffin from us. I get that Toby Greenes the most hate-able player we’ve seen in forever.

But I’ve never understood the constant bashing of their club on here. The guys up here are doing a job that will maintain the sport we all love as the number 1 game for our lifetime and beyond.

They’re sacrificing playing at clubs they grew up barracking for, in front of big crowds, and family and friends to be here.

The playing group are a superb bunch.

No character? No soul? No idea.
They got a million first round picks so the AFL could hand them a flag which is basically why I resent them plus continued favouritism. As well as Greene a few of them are not exactly superb imho and are well paid for their sacrifices

I get that GWS pinched ward and griffin from us. I get that Toby Greenes the most hate-able player we’ve seen in forever.

But I’ve never understood the constant bashing of their club on here. The guys up here are doing a job that will maintain the sport we all love as the number 1 game for our lifetime and beyond.

They’re sacrificing playing at clubs they grew up barracking for, in front of big crowds, and family and friends to be here.

The playing group are a superb bunch.

No character? No soul? No idea.

I will explain my personal pathological hatred of GWS. It started in 1992 when WCE were on roids and gifted a WA state team by the AFL to win a flag in just a handful of years after entering the comp. AT THE VERY SAME TIME THE AFL WAS ACTIVELY SEEKING TO DESTROY MY CLUB.

I then watched Crows fans get their two flags within a few years of starting by beating us in heartbreaking prelims, one of which the AFL employees cheated to get them a win.

I then watched as Port Adelaide tried to steal our club's soul by stealing C Grant and get their flag.

ALL ON THE BACK OF AFL CONCESSIONS. While my club got ****ed over - repeatedly.

I watched the AFL take over Sydney after three bottom finishes in row. And then on the back of AFL concessions see them barely miss a finals series for the the next 20 yrs. Watch them steal great players like Buddy and Plugger with extra BS COLA. Watch them not suspend Hall in one of the biggest pre GF Tribunal riggings ever.

What has this got to do with GWS you may ask?

Well GWS are the culmination of the AFL cheating and screwing tiny Vic clubs like ours for the last 30 years. GWS are the ugly plastic Frankenstein the AFL created in a place no one cares about footy after 30.years of screwing the comp with interstate concessions. Just because they wanted a live game a week in NSW.

GWS got more concessions than other team ever. Their name derived from marketing focus groups. They then used their AFL cash to get their captain from us. Just like WCE did when they recruited Murray Rance from us. The full circle. They then took our existing captain. Took one of our club legends and made him their coach. Stole our list manager. All the while taking the piss out of us when we were on our knees with the 'Lost Dogs Poster". It was all set up for the GWS to win in 16. After 30 years it would have been a culmination of AFL screwings.. But we re-wote the script first by surviving and then thriving.

Then we see the AFL rewrite the rules due to a refusal to suspend Greene for kicking our player in the face with his stops. We see him smash Caleb, the smallest man in the AFL in the head from behind. We see Greene go total WWE on Bont with no penalty. He is gutless trash. A psychopath in a footy jumper who would barely play if not for his value to AFL house.

Sorry friend but it is you that has no idea. In fact you sound like a Sydney Swans supporter. I respect you to much to call you a plastic fan.

Last edited:
I’d say yes and even potentially more than us. Look at 2/3 of their last games of the season. They were cooked mentally and physically. I believe they got just as many players back as we did.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this creates demands to end the bye (with this being the second time if it occurs).
Surely two such instances in 4 years are a reason to retain the bye. It means clubs have had more opportunity to put their best team on the field. Suspensions aside, we should be hoping to see the best players playing their best football in the finals.

I will explain my personal pathological hatred of GWS. It started in 1992 when WCE were on roids and gifted a WA state team by the AFL to win a flag in just a handful of years after entering the comp. AT THE VERY SAME TIME THE AFL WAS ACTIVELY SEEKING TO DESTROY MY CLUB.

I then watched Crows fans get their two flags within a few years of starting by beating us in heartbreaking prelims, one of which the AFL employees cheated to get them a win.

I then watched as Port Adelaide tried to steal our club's soul by stealing C Grant and get their flag.

ALL ON THE BACK OF AFL CONCESSIONS. While my club got f’ed over - repeatedly.

I watched the AFL take over Sydney after three bottom finishes in row. And then on the back of AFL concessions see them barely miss a finals series for the the next 20 yrs. Watch them steal great players like Buddy and Plugger with extra BS COLA. Watch them not suspend Hall in one of the biggest Tribunal riggings ever.

Well GWS are the culmination of the AFL cheating and screwing tiny Vic clubs like ours for the last 30 years. GWS are the ugly plastic Frankenstein the AFL created in a place no one cares about footy after 30.years of screwing the comp with interstate concessions. Just because they wanted a live game a week in NSW.

GWS got more concessions than other team ever. Their name derived from marketing focus groups. They then used their AFL cash to get their captain from us. Just like WCE did when they recruited Murray Dance from us. The full circle. They then took our existing captain. Took one of our club legends and made him their coach. Stole our list manager. All the while taking the piss out of us when we were on our knees with the 'Lost Dogs Poster". It was all set up for the GWS to win in 16. After 30 years it would have been a culmination of AFL screwings.. But we re-wote the script first by surviving and then thriving.

Then we see the AFL rewrite the rules due a refusal to suspend Greene for kicking our player in the face with his stops. We see him smash Caleb, the smallestman in the AFL in the head from behind. We see Greene go total WWE on Bont with no penalty. He is gutless trash. A psychopath in a footy jumper who would barely play if not for his value to AFL house.

Sorry friend but it is you that has no idea. In fact you sound like a Sydney Swans supporter. I respect you to much to call you a plastic fan.

Fantastic post. Absolutely fantastic. 👍

GWS players making ‘sacrifices’, while getting paid as well if not better than most of their age peers across the country. Sorry fronk, you’ve lost me. If you don’t understand the source of bashing on here, especially in the historical context BRWB has outlined, I suggest the idea deficit is at your end.

Surely two such instances in 4 years are a reason to retain the bye. It means clubs have had more opportunity to put their best team on the field. Suspensions aside, we should be hoping to see the best players playing their best football in the finals.

Even the “best” players who should have had their season ended by the MRO 2 weeks ago? Laughable that a list of prior convictions as long as almost anyone in the modern era are ignored with each subsequent charge.

ALL ON THE BACK OF AFL CONCESSIONS. While my club got f’ed over - repeatedly.

I watched the AFL take over Sydney after three bottom finishes in row. And then on the back of AFL concessions see them barely miss a finals series for the the next 20 yrs. Watch them steal great players like Buddy and Plugger with extra BS COLA. Watch them not suspend Hall in one of the biggest pre GF Tribunal riggings ever.

GWS got more concessions than other team ever. Their name derived from marketing focus groups. They then used their AFL cash to get their captain from us. Just like WCE did when they recruited Murray Rance from us. The full circle. They then took our existing captain. Took one of our club legends and made him their coach. Stole our list manager. All the while taking the piss out of us when we were on our knees with the 'Lost Dogs Poster". It was all set up for the GWS to win in 16. After 30 years it would have been a culmination of AFL screwings.. But we re-wote the script first by surviving and then thriving.

Then we see the AFL rewrite the rules due to a refusal to suspend Greene for kicking our player in the face with his stops. We see him smash Caleb, the smallest man in the AFL in the head from behind. We see Greene go total WWE on Bont with no penalty. He is gutless trash. A psychopath in a footy jumper who would barely play if not for his value to AFL house.

Much of this is correct, however it must be said that the Bulldogs have been far more successful on and off the field in the 30 odd years of the AFL than for the 30 years previous.

If GWS win, will we constantly hear that they only won due to the bye? Not to mention they only finished 6th?

Nope. I'll just moan endlessly about the outrageous drafting concessions that they've been given on their way to fulfilling Geppotto McLachlans wish to have a real boy.

Fantastic post. Absolutely fantastic. 👍

GWS players making ‘sacrifices’, while getting paid as well if not better than most of their age peers across the country. Sorry fronk, you’ve lost me. If you don’t understand the source of bashing on here, especially in the historical context BRWB has outlined, I suggest the idea deficit is at your end.

Cheers. It was like our club was the dirty little beach shack that some mad old bugger wouldn't sell and therefore blocks progress and the building of a brand new plastic mall. However, the AFL just built around us anyway and surrounded us with plastic shite that blocked our sea views.

And we now have the mall hipsters telling us off for not loving the new plastic mall.

Last edited:

I agree totally - it’s not how it will be perceived by many though.

I can see the argument about it disadvantaging the top 4 now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the most interesting discussions I've read on bf in a while.

The Giants have pushed the boundaries this finals series to get to where they are this week. The first two weeks, v dogs and lions, were grubby and bad for the game imo. But part of me also respects the Giants for doing what they needed to do to win. It's the AFL who let them get away with it.

For whatever reason they didn't bring that to the pies game. They just beat a team who didn't turn up to play. Going to be very interesting to see what tactics they bring this week. Tigers have got a few lightweights who could go missing if the heat is on.

Even the “best” players who should have had their season ended by the MRO 2 weeks ago? Laughable that a list of prior convictions as long as almost anyone in the modern era are ignored with each subsequent charge.
Agree. That's why I said "suspensions aside". It's been covered extensively elsewhere.

I hate GWS as much as anyone, but that is the best finals win I’ve seen. 4 of their best 6 players out, away from home, in front of 85,000 Collingwood fans. Amazing. Now go Tigers.

I hate GWS as much as anyone, but that is the best finals win I’ve seen. 4 of their best 6 players out, away from home, in front of 85,000 Collingwood fans. Amazing. Now go Tigers.
LOL, crowd was 77,000.
But I agree that was a pretty impressive win, up there with ours against WCE in the 2016 EF and the one over GWS in the PF.

GWS have apparently been practising their smothers of shots at goal with cleverly synchronised bending back of one or two fingers. Try it, it's not that hard to do.

The things some clubs will do to exploit the ARC.

The obvious solution is to have ultra-edge technology installed on all the footies.

Last edited:
I knew my post would be seriously unpopular.

Good discussion.

I understand fans hating GWS. I’ve never barracked harder than in our prelim. Seeing clay smith smash griffen to set up daniel’s goal is my favourite footy moment of all time.

GWS we’re gifted everything, while we were shafted over and over. I get it all.

But to say the giants have no character, no soul, no substance, no heart, is total and utter footballing ignorance.

Anybody who bothers to post on a football fan forum is by any measure a) a moron and b) fully invested in the game regardless of who plays.

Nah, I’m fully invested in the Dogs, not the game ( feel free to call me s moron although my high IQ suggests otherwise scientifically)
. Have been invited to many finals but never wanted to go if we weren’t playing.

My kids and I, despite annually staying up all night for silly TV Footy marathons, made a conscious decision to NOT watch 2010 Pies v Saints GF. Memories of my childhood abuse at Vic Park, genetically implanted into my kids, prevented us from watching Collingwood win. The torture of watching Saints steal that win in Prelim in the week my dad was condemned to years of waste as a stroke victim ( he died 6 years later on the day we lost to them in 2015 after our 10 goal lead) meant we couldn’t watch them win. So we headed to the local pool until it was over, only to walk in as the siren sounded for a draw and we did it all over again the following week.

I have no ill will towards Richmond like others here so will watch in hope of them beating GWS but if the Giants are comfortably up like we were in 16 we will be turning the TV off as I did last night with 5 seconds to go to avoid seeing them celebrate. Petty? Perhaps but emotions run high in this game - I would irrationally chose GWS over Saints tbh purely because of their untimely link to my father’s final years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew my post would be seriously unpopular.

Good discussion.

I understand fans hating GWS. I’ve never barracked harder than in our prelim. Seeing clay smith smash griffen to set up daniel’s goal is my favourite footy moment of all time.

GWS we’re gifted everything, while we were shafted over and over. I get it all.

But to say the giants have no character, no soul, no substance, no heart, is total and utter footballing ignorance.

When they can win without assistance they will have true character and heart.

Of the interstate teams only WCE has won a flag outside of their ten year 'AFL assistance window.

Only respect WCE. None of the rest have had any genuine success.

Whilst the Giants have AFL assistance gifting them success and a psychopath in a footy jumper as their poster child they are nothing but a nasty AFL artificial construct.

Really don't think you need to call people ignorant for disagreeing with you

I literally turned the tv on, saw a orange jumper and felt physically ill yesterday afternoon. So I turned the tv off and went and found something else to do.

This is not a familiar hatred (eg Essendon). My body is physically rejecting that putrid franchise and everything they stand for.

Many feel the same way I do and that is not good for the AFL cash cow.

Already organised to take the kids to the show

Won’t watch Any footy shows
Won’t listen to SEN

This game will never happen in my life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back