No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a joke here somewhere about North and playing so poorly they had to relocate to the gold coast after all.

Wow. It’s debatable any of their outs apart from Cunnington would make any difference in the slightest. This is like 1972 North, but there’s no Barassi and 10 year rule riding to their rescue.

I see what you did in this post and I like it very much :)
Hey Leon ,

Do you remember the story of how I might have become a norf supporter? I know I've told it before...

On the Sunday after I arrived in Melbourne in August 1975 I attended St Augustine Church in Keilor. It's an old bluestone which is still there off the Calder Freeway. Since there was a small congregation, as a newby, I stuck out. A family came up to me and introduced themselves and asked if I'd like to go over to their house for breakfast. Hey, a free meal? Sure. So off I went.

When we arrived at their home, they put a footy show on TV. I had only been in the country for about five days and had never heard of Aussie Rules much less seen any play. I was kind of interested and they asked me if I'd like to go to a game the next weekend with them. I declined since I had no idea what I'd be doing the next day, much less the next weekend. They tried to convince me, but I politely turned them down. I don't remember too much else, except that they were North Melbourne supporters. The game they were talking about was the Qualifying Final that North won. I always wonder that if I would have accepted their invitation that maybe I would have been caught up in the sport and followed North Melbourne after they won their first Premiership a month later. I dunno.

Seven months later I was at the Western Oval with another American teacher for my first game. The Bulldogs lost to Essendon by one point and I knew that I had found a new home. I guess the prayers that I had said that first Sunday in that old bluestone church about wanting to fit in to a new country paid off.

Last edited:
I always wonder that if I would have accepted their invitation that maybe I would have been caught up in the sport and followed North Melbourne after they won their first Premiership a month later. I dunno.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Higgins, he’s busting his arse - but his main weapon (disposal) is not there. Not sure what tonight’s side North have fielded has to give their supporters to look forward to for the next few years? Taylor, maybe Hayden. That’s about it. Vanilla on pretty much every line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back