Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is major blow.

The other issue is Daniher and Hipwood. Daniher isn’t very team oriented and Hipwood is flakey.
Charlie also hasn't fired a shot this year so their entire forward play is a mess.

I also feel Zac Bailey should be so much more than he is.

Brisbane could be a spent force for now. Although Ashcroft will come back from his knee. But they do have a bit of a dads army vide about them. 14 players 27 years or older.
Still have a decent squad, nothing that a coaching refresh could rectify.

Big factor in my opinion of Brisbane’s success and now what looks to be fall is the loss of Mark Stone .
The guy brings success where he goes and is a great footy brain and tactician
I wanted him but we went for Nicks… sigh

Stone likely had a big part to play in gameday coaching and now Fagan lost without him

Big factor in my opinion of Brisbane’s success and now what looks to be fall is the loss of Mark Stone .

Stone likely had a big part to play in gameday coaching and now Fagan lost without him
Did he go to North?

Was Stone the main guy watching from the coaching box whilst Fagan is on the bench?

Bench coaching only works if you have a decent assistant watching from the coaches box.

Did he go to North?

Was Stone the main guy watching from the coaching box whilst Fagan is on the bench?

Bench coaching only works if you have a decent assistant watching from the coaches box.
Nah he moved back to WA it seems coaching a private school going by LinkedIn

He was that guy, brilliant coach and we missed the chance to get him , he’d just won a flag at Glenelg and was keen

Add to the fact he looks like a character from the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Nah, he looks like someone from Whoville.

22fce4b25dcea41115b645ee26795dd4.jpg

Both VERY similar. Can unit a club around a cause, but do they have enough tactical sophistication to be a genuine winner?
If it wasn't for a Jarrod Berry moment of madness and a dodgy advantage call, Fagan would be a premiership coach.

Craig never made a GF due to his stubbornness. Not putting a tag on Robert Harvey? That cost us big time (Roo's suspension didn't help either, but a simple tag and we win that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the comparison between Craig and Fagan in general but let's be honest.

Neil Craig would NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever NEVER never never absolutely would not under any circumstances (just to be clear NEVER EVER) back in players like Ashcroft or Fletcher to play key roles

Under Craig they would have spent years in the VFL learning the Lions way with plenty of DVDs and "lessons"

Neil Craig would NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever NEVER never never absolutely would not under any circumstances (just to be clear NEVER EVER) back in players like Ashcroft or Fletcher to play key roles

Under Craig they would have spent years in the VFL learning the Lions way with plenty of DVDs and "lessons"

What bollocks. You think Craig wouldn't have played Ashcroft?

Danger started 2009 at 18 years old 11 months and played 21 games being a best 22 player.

Ashcroft started 2023 at 18 years old 10 months and played 18 games before getting hurt.

Ashcroft was also way way way more physically advanced and better prepared in his first year than Danger was in his 2nd year.

What bollocks. You think Craig wouldn't have played Ashcroft?

Danger started 2009 at 18 years old 11 months and played 21 games being a best 22 player.

Ashcroft started 2023 at 18 years old 10 months and played 18 games before getting hurt.

Ashcroft was also way way way more physically advanced and better prepared in his first year than Danger was in his 2nd year.
And where did Dangerfield play? Compare that to Ashcroft

Crushers.....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And where did Dangerfield play? Compare that to Ashcroft

Dangerfield was a lot less developed than Ashcroft.

But also your other comparison - Fletcher was pick #12 in 2022, drafted as 183cm midfielder. Played 14 games in 2023 with zero CBA's (Didnt get on in the first 2 Brissy games either)

Nathan Van Berlo was pick 24 in the 2004 AFL draft as 183cm midfielder. Played 11 games year 1 before playing 19 games in year 2.

Pretty tough on Craigy here. He was stubborn, but here are the top end non KPP we drafted during his tenure.

2004 - NVB Pick 24 (11 games year 1, 19 games year 2).
2005 - Douglas pick 16 (3 games year 1, 13 games year 2, year 3 22games) , Pfeiffer pick 17 (zero career games).
2007 - Dangerfield Pick 9 (underage but played 19 games the same age as Ashcroft)
2010 - Brodie Smith pick 14 (14 games in first year).

This shows me a coach who is willing to get games into highly drafted non KPP talent.

Back