Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care if Richmond won a flag in 2017 I hope they get pounded in the media for this performance just like when a poor team does.
There's no chance a good deal of blowtorch won't be shone in their direction after this.

15 goals to one since quarter time, oof.

That’s the whole point, Selwood, Danger, Ablett and Kelly cop the heat, Duncan gets free reign to run around and do as he pleases.
I’m so jealous it makes me sick.

They have also managed to find players like Stewart, Kelly and Blicavs...

Hats off to them.

Richmond remind me of us circa 2002. Still have enough talent to hang around in the 8, but not the feared side they once were.

Onto Geelong, they are the perfect mix of superstars and role players, and are a well coached side. Still a lot to play out this season, but they are head and shoulders above everyone else right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care if Richmond won a flag in 2017 I hope they get pounded in the media for this performance just like when a poor team does I'm sick of the top teams getting a free pass when they play poorly.
Seems more like they have credits in the bank, so 1 bad week gets let go.
They'll be under the pump this week though, 2 Friday night embarrassments won't get ignored.

This should be what happens with Merrett, Shiel, Cripps and Smith. McGrath and Parish go nuts.

hqdefault.jpg

Shitmond, what a pack of pretenders. Great win by the Cats.
I like it when teams I don't like absolutely capitulate. I love it when they lose by less than a goal. I should not revel in heartbreak but I do. Even from 800kms away. I would like to beat Hawks by less than a goal. That might neutralise the ANZAC Day loss for me.

I love how they talk about a big issue with the essential phrase 'it'll cost a team a Grand Final one day'.

The lack of score reviews cost St Kilda in an actual Grand Final decided in the dying minutes, yet 10 years later and it's still as useless as ever.
Agree. You'd think checking every available angle an exercise in due diligence. A bit of a no-brainer for review bunker.

Dont think it's a turn around as much as an acceleration.

They've added everything they need to play modern footy, rounding out everything else that worked.

Reckon their contested work can only have gone to another level too.
Geelong have been a top 8 side consistently despite having one of the worst clearance/contested possession rates in the comp over the last 3-4 years.

They have now fixed that to become average-to-slightly above average and it has taken them to another level.

They are still one of the benchmark teams for back half intercepts so when they have the ball going their way to start half the time (and can now retain it with forward pressure), they are a formidable opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back