Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for a long ride. With a vaccine still 6 to 12 months away restrictions on large gatherings will be in place for a while yet. The risk of another outbreak will be too high. There mus be some doubt on the 20/20 world cup as the international borders will not open again until there is a vaccine so all players and coaches would have to be isolated and tested before even being considered entry. You can bet that footy will be crowd free for while if it comes back later this year.
Johnson and Johnson reckon they might be able to start clinical testing in september, with it being available potentially in early 2021.

If we play football in 2020 i will be stunned

Johnson and Johnson reckon they might be able to start clinical testing in september, with it being available potentially in early 2021.

Footy with no crowd and quarantined players maybe but no certainty .

I'd be surprised as well. Which gets me thinking of a few people who will have 2 seasons taken from their career in heppell, hooker, hurley, Bell chambers, Ryder, Carlisle, colyer, etc. Pretty rough for those guys.

I'd be surprised as well. Which gets me thinking of a few people who will have 2 seasons taken from their career in heppell, hooker, hurley, Bell chambers, Ryder, Carlisle, colyer, etc. Pretty rough for those guys.
And for Daniher it will be pretty much 3 years.

Sam Docherty must be wondering if he ran over a black cat. Missed 2018 with and ACL, then 2019 with an ACL and is now fit and played pre-season games only for 2020 to evaporate before his eyes.

Sam Docherty must be wondering if he ran over a black cat. Missed 2018 with and ACL, then 2019 with an ACL and is now fit and played pre-season games only for 2020 to evaporate before his eyes.

He also played an absolutely blinder in the one game he did play

Zinc, tonic water, vitamins A, C and D and get on with it.

If Australia is at the point that footy isn't being played in 2021 I am not sure what we think we're doing.

The idea that we can flick the switch back on at that point is pretty laughable.

I forgot vinegar. Anything that reduces inflammation, high fibre, spices like tumeric and cinammon.

And drinks lots of water.

You also forgot a good swim in the ocean (salt water cures most things). But wait, we aren't allowed to do that. I call conspiracy.

Get ready for a long ride. With a vaccine still 6 to 12 months away restrictions on large gatherings will be in place for a while yet. The risk of another outbreak will be too high. There mus be some doubt on the 20/20 world cup as the international borders will not open again until there is a vaccine so all players and coaches would have to be isolated and tested before even being considered entry. You can bet that footy will be crowd free for while if it comes back later this year.

Except Government's should be using the immunity passport which is a test to determine if you have anti-bodies, so in effect, have been exposed to COVID19 - Of course this is an interim measure to get people back into the workforce BUT if countries still have their borders closed in the last quarter of 2020, then instead of a recession, you will a depression - In terms of crowds at domestic sporting events my guess is September if things go well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no reason why sport can't be played in the second half of 2020 - Especially when the AFL has set up the highest level bio-security measures, including chartered planes.

Except Government's should be using the immunity passport which is a test to determine if you have anti-bodies, so in effect, have been exposed to COVID19 - Of course this is an interim measure to get people back into the workforce BUT if countries still have their borders closed in the last quarter of 2020, then instead of a recession, you will a depression - In terms of crowds at domestic sporting events my guess is September if things go well.

Borders closed to people. We currently have goods coming into the country that have served the 14 day period of quarantine. There are exports going out as well.
We would still be on stage 2 restrictions if it was not for the dick heads who decided it was still okay to pack into the Pub or crowd the beach. The amount of people now needing a jog all of a sudden will see that being banned.

I've also noticed a decided increase in the number of joggers over the last week or two.
With gyms and fitness centres being closed, people are forced to exercise in other ways. No real surprise more people are out there jogging. I would say the same amount of people are exercising, it's just now you can see it more in your day to day experience.

I'll be very bloody annoyed if they ban exercising outside. I've done it before covid and during covid.

so many people walking dogs i have never seen before. poor things obviously were not getting walked before this :(
Or they've been adopted/fostered recently

With gyms and fitness centres being closed, people are forced to exercise in other ways. No real surprise more people are out there jogging. I would say the same amount of people are exercising, it's just now you can see it more in your day to day experience.

I'll be very bloody annoyed if they ban exercising outside. I've done it before covid and during covid.
You got a door you got a gym.

I bought this Nintendo Switch game in October, started using it in late December with a combined diet (mainly eating mymusclechef.com meals which are surprisingly decent) and lost a lot of weight and gained decent fitness.

However due to COVID-19 situation the game is constantly sold out around the world and the Switch is also hard to buy. I kinda got lucky I had aligned my eating and fitness to isolation friendly prior but I'd highly recommend both the game and the food service if you're able to get either. I get most my food with minimal trips needed to the supermarket and all my fitness inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back