Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy it when people have a change of heart.

Like when it was okay to boo Adam Goodes, because of freedom of speech despite lending your voice to the obviously racist element to the booing, or even just belittling him generally during that sorry saga, and now you get to the play the part of the sanctimonious do-gooder lecturing people about racism.

It's actually a perfect continuation of the caricature.
Such an interesting post for its cynicism. That most people actually haven't had a change of heart and are simply playing a part. And is that because of something you've observed personally that demonstrated it?

Such an interesting post for its cynicism. That most people actually haven't had a change of heart and are simply playing a part. And is that because of something you've observed personally that demonstrated it?

No, to be clear, it is specifically directed at Jade because that was his view in relation to Goodes.

I find it quite remarkable how little of what is posted is remembered.

Last edited:

That is on the ump for not showing any common sense. Not like he was preventing the player from moving the ball on quickly.
Problem is umpires never show common sense so this will be a regular occurrence, especially if razor wants the limelight.

That is on the ump for not showing any common sense. Not like he was preventing the player from moving the ball on quickly.
nah it’s on Hocking for creating a stupid rule. Umpires need to enforce the rule as written. anyone who blames the umpire and not hocking needs to redirect their rage.

I was under the impression that is how the rule is to be ruled. Obviously the rule should be changed to not apply during a realistic set shot. I don't mind the idea of the rule, although in practice it may be different, but it pretty clearly shouldn't apply when it's a set shot and that seems easy enough to fix

Last edited:
Problem is umpires never show common sense so this will be a regular occurrence, especially if razor wants the limelight.
it's the problem with umpiring the keep creating rules like deliberate out of bounds then ask umpires to apply common sense * it

see how he said sorry for using the wrong word in his speech but still cant say sorry for the reason he needs to be sorry

reeks of John Howard
Re Howard and not saying sorry: What’s the point of saying sorry? It might feel nice for a white person to feel as though they’ve said sorry and all is well in their world but honestly what difference does saying sorry make? Rudd said sorry, what (real) difference has it made? Is there a treaty? Will a treaty make a difference? White people invaded their countries, no treaty or apology will ever change that fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be replaced on Friday night by Brawshaw.

:sick::poo:
I'd agree if Brayshaw weren't the second best commentator employed by channel 7, behind Jason Bennett

The pool of quality footy commentators is pretty shallow.
It's the tone as much as anything. The two blokes commenting on the Carlton praccy were great to listen to - each knowledgable about their club and without the histrionics that the main stream press adopts, seemingly to inject excitement into the game.

I like most of the ones on the ABC honestly
Yeah, they convey a bit of excitement without going over the top and they're also really knowledgeable. Same goes for their cricket commentary group, they s**t all over the commercial networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back