Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightmare team for each station:

Fox:

Commentators: Derrrrrrrrrwayne and Eddie
Special Comments: Gerard Healy and David King

Seven:

Commentators: BT and Darcy
Special Comments: Richo and Ling (who isn't bad on the ABC, but something about him on 7...)

Nightmare team for each station:

Fox:

Commentators: Derrrrrrrrrwayne and Eddie
Special Comments: Gerard Healy and David King

Seven:

Commentators: BT and Darcy
Special Comments: Richo and Ling (who isn't bad on the ABC, but something about him on 7...)
I don't hate Eddie.

*Ducks*

Surprised nobody has had a crack at Kelli Underwood yet. Didnt mind her when she started out, but lately seems to trip over every second word she says. No worse than BT I suppose.

Surprised nobody has had a crack at Kelli Underwood yet. Didnt mind her when she started out, but lately seems to trip over every second word she says. No worse than BT I suppose.
I don't know whether she's cut out for it. I think commentating would be a deceptively difficult job.

A lot of people struggle to get up at karaoke where the words are in front of them let alone finding the right word to say at the right moment through three hours of football coverage in front of millions of people on live tv, and making it look natural.

Regardless of the commentator I do admire their skill and courage.

A lot of people dislike BT. I actually don't mind him. I know he says dumb stuff at times, but when he's calling the game seriously he's really excitable, which is great. His genuine love of the game and his willingness to call out s**t umpiring is great. Really needs the special comments people around him though. Riewoldt and Pearce are great. I like Lethal as well.

BT really needs to get rid of the cringey non-football stuff too. How many times did he tell us that Coxy's sister is a model, while being pervy and clearly drooling?

Cricket.

Rotating host: Mark Nicholas, Neroli Meadows, Mel McLaughlin and Adam Gilchrist.
Rotating leads: JB, Mark Nicholas, Adam Gilchrist, Mark Taylor and Allison Mitchell.
Rotating specials: Michael Hussey, Kerry O'Keeffe, Shane Warne, Isa Guha, Lisa Sthalekar, Michael Vaughan, Ian Bishop, Punter and Viv Richards.

Happy to edit this.

Last edited:
Cricket.

Rotating host: Mark Nicholas, Neroli Meadows, Mel McLaughlin and Adam Gilchrist.
Rotating leads: JB, Mark Nicholas, Adam Gilchrist, Mark Taylor and Allison Mitchell.
Rotating specials: Michael Hussey, Kerry O'Keeffe, Shane Warne, Isa Guha, Lisa Sthaleker, Michael Vaughan, Ian Bishop and Viv Richards.

Happy to edit this.
JB and Mark Taylor have no place here.

A lot of people dislike BT. I actually don't mind him. I know he says dumb stuff at times, but when he's calling the game seriously he's really excitable, which is great. His genuine love of the game and his willingness to call out sh*t umpiring is great. Really needs the special comments people around him though. Riewoldt and Pearce are great. I like Lethal as well.

BT really needs to get rid of the cringey non-football stuff too. How many times did he tell us that Coxy's sister is a model, while being pervy and clearly drooling?
agree on BT.
He's a good caller. it's when he gets distracted or tries to grandstand a call

When he and JB were doing the MMM calls, they were really good.
I think the main issue is Ch7 have surrounded him with boring buffoons by and large

JB + BT w/Daisy doing some special comments would be a great primetime call team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree on BT.
He's a good caller. it's when he gets distracted or tries to grandstand a call

When he and JB were doing the MMM calls, they were really good.
I think the main issue is Ch7 have surrounded him with boring buffoons by and large

JB + BT w/Daisy doing some special comments would be a great primetime call team.
Yeah I like JB. His impartiality as a North person is refreshing.

Cricket.

Rotating specials: Michael Hussey, Kerry O'Keeffe, Shane Warne, Isa Guha, Lisa Sthaleker, Michael Vaughan, Ian Bishop and Viv Richards.

Happy to edit this.

Not a fan of Ponting? He’s close to the best special commentator in the business IMO

Montagna has made the transition quite nicely. He's a good caller.

It's pretty dire to think there are 5, maybe 6, decent callers out there...for 9 games a weekend.
I like his analysis on First Crack too. Is measured which is generally in short supply with commentators. Hodge good too. Richo is good with BT - calms him down.

Bet the Dogs will be wrapped Mia Fevola clung on to Jamarra just long enough to become a nuisance and a story in her own right and then dump him just after they lose the Granny, presumably placing the equivalent of the Kylie Jenner curse on them in the process.

Bet the Dogs will be wrapped Mia Fevola clung on to Jamarra just long enough to become a nuisance and a story in her own right and then dump him just after they lose the Granny, presumably placing the equivalent of the Kylie Jenner curse on them in the process.

Next up - Jason Horne-Francis

Was she the one with Rioli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back