Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Dark greyest day in Australian sport?

My only advice is to get Bomber in to coach the Dees after Goodwin is suspended
The darker darkest day in sport?

This is an accusation of a league wide cover up, it should be huge. Will be interesting to see if/how it gets both investigated and reported.

The darker darkest day in sport?

This is an accusation of a league wide cover up, it should be huge. Will be interesting to see if/how it gets both investigated and reported.
it'll be interesting to se whether anyone is willing to put their AFL accreditation on the line by picking up the story.

it'll be interesting to se whether anyone is willing to put their AFL accreditation the line by picking up the story.
If it gets big enough the ABC and political reporters will be all over it, regardless of what the AFL wants. I suspect it colours just within the AFL’s illicit drug policy’s blurry lines, but doesn’t pass the pub test and WADA might find it interesting either way.

If it gets big enough the ABC and political reporters will be all over it, regardless of what the AFL wants. I suspect it colours just within the AFL’s illicit drug policy’s blurry lines, but doesn’t pass the pub test and WADA might find it interesting either way.
Wada didn't give a toss that Bock confessed to taking a banned substance. They're just as sick a joke as the AFL.

it'll be interesting to se whether anyone is willing to put their AFL accreditation on the line by picking up the story.
The Age hasn't picked it up yet which is interesting given they were public comments from an MP.

I imagine it would be quite easy to verify what the doctor is claiming, the pathology lab would have records of every test they carried out.

Anyway, it's an interesting situation. I don't think any anti doping code has been breached, it's more just a case of the AFL being scumbags.

Anyway, it's an interesting situation. I don't think any anti doping code has been breached, it's more just a case of the AFL being scumbags.
Not sure about that ….thats match day tampering I would think

IMG_5016.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bots GIF

This is a massive story that is now on the public record and in the public interest. The ABC should be obliged now to investigate and report. The allegations are huge with people named. There won't be any escaping scrutiny, especially McLachlan and Goyder.

I wonder how deeply entrenched it is culturally. Remember John McCarthy from PA?

Right now, I'm not sure why WADA should care about this...? WADA doesn't care about illicit drugs apart from game day tests. So players got additional drug tests to check that they wouldn't fail a game day test. That's...good, for everyone?

That's just the WADA angle. Obviously there's War on Drugs stuff and Melbourne Demons drama and all that. But players WADA wouldn't want playing the game not playing the game? Ok whatever.

This is a massive story that is now on the public record and in the public interest. The ABC should be obliged now to investigate and report. The allegations are huge with people named. There won't be any escaping scrutiny, especially McLachlan and Goyder.

I wonder how deeply entrenched it is culturally. Remember John McCarthy from PA?
The ABC have run a story on it but it's only regurgitating the information already out there. Whether they dig any deeper only time will tell.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-27/afl-melbourne-demons-illicit-drug-tests-wilkie/103637056

Right now, I'm not sure why WADA should care about this...? WADA doesn't care about illicit drugs apart from game day tests. So players got additional drug tests to check that they wouldn't fail a game day test. That's...good, for everyone?

That's just the WADA angle. Obviously there's War on Drugs stuff and Melbourne Demons drama and all that. But players WADA wouldn't want playing the game not playing the game? Ok whatever.

WADA should be interested as illicit drugs are often cut with WADA prohibited substances. Just ask Josh Thomas and Lachie O'Keefe.... oh hang on, their positive tests came from eating steak in New Zealand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back