Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite enjoying this game. Happy to see Suns win and ecstatic that it's against Carlton at home.

Quietly cheering the Suns actually. I’ve given them enough over the years for all the leg ups from the AFL. But want them to keep Lynch, and this start to the season for them can’t hurt their chances.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Would hardly call either s**t on talent. Weitering is a much better player than Schache, not to mention KPP take a while to come on.

Will honestly be surprised if Schache plays senior football this year, and not at all surprised if he slides out the back door and is delisted at the end of the year. Hasn’t got the mental strength required.

Last edited:
Really happy seeing the Suns play well. Would love to see a successfl Gold Coast team - being born and raised on the GC it is certainly not something we're used too!

I'm in the same boat. The city deserves a team to get behind. Hopefully this is the start of something for the suns.

Looks like Carltons defence and forward line letting them down given they’re smashing the Suns in inside 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Whately and KBartlett on SEN earlier on after a Lynch goal, asking how much he'd be worth now....$1.6m and rising was the answer, with a chuckle.

...and yes, I hope he stays at the Suns too. Stuff the other clubs, let them draft their own.
What I find staggering at the moment is this arrogant assumption from a lot of Collingwood supporters that Tom Lynch joining them is a fait accompli because I’ve heard nothing reported of the sort.:huh:

The TV guys seem almost depressed at the current state of the game.

The superstars like dusty and franklin are international level winning athletes. Zorko type players are national level winning athletes and the fringe players state level winners. These poor games show that we simply do not have enough national level players at this time to support 18 teams.

Academies help but I question whether we have the population required to produce the required number of athletes when a lot of our talent is involved in trifling things like Olympics and world championships and, heavens knows why, other sporting codes.

Might get a few cricketers back now though

Will honestly be surprised if Schache plays senior football this year, and not at all surprised if he slides out the back door and is delisted at the end of the year. Hasn’t got the mental strength required.

Not to mention the million dollar man. Or English looking a genuine tall forward.

On topic. Go Suns. Qld needs competitive teams, and shutting up the baggers is priceless.

Kinda have mixed feelings about the Suns going so well.

Then I remember it's Carlton getting pantsed on their own turf.

Helps resolve the feelings somewhat.

My issue is (apart from hating the scums with a passion) that my mother is seeing a carlton fan (yeah, I'm disgusted too) plus my biological father is a carlton fan (yes. I have carlton blood in me. It's gross). I can't delight in what's happening right now, no matter how hard I try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back