News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

The hilarious part is how he claims as fact his model means better crowds for North.

Bullshit. You're guessing.

There is absolutely no evidence that would be the case.

In fact the evidence would suggest the crowds would be lower on average simply because of the smaller stadium sizes in Tasmania.

Dumb, fat, moron.

On the evidence of this year, the crowds would slip to around 10k per game. That is true for Hawthorn as well as North Melbourne. If home games for North and Hawthorn fall in Melbourne due to both teams performing poorly, they also fall in Tasmania. Relocating to Tasmania would be the end of not just NMFC as we know it, but also the relocated entity, and within 5 years. It would be trading insolvent for 4 of those years.

Yeah i see your point, but how much are we supposed to take.

As much as they give us.

The players have it within their ability to make an emphatic statement this weekend.

They should be as pissed off with how the media view us.

This honestly should create an us vs the world mentality.

As much as they give us.

The players have it within their ability to make an emphatic statement this weekend.

They should be as pissed off with how the media view us.

This honestly should create an us vs the world mentality.
True and anyway it's weak to kick someone when they are down i suppose.
12 weeks into a rebuild means more losses and weaker crowds you would think but hey they don't waste any time the Afl and their puppets.

Hutchy should come to a North game and sit with us. Plenty of room for his fat ass, he can take up two seats.

Last edited:
What the ****? Any chance we could get a statement from the club categorically refuting any possibility of this occurring to shut these media campaigners up? 2 Poor weeks and somehow relocation, something that has been strongly resisted in the recent past is being brought up as a possibility? This is some of the most reactionary bullshit I have ever seen, you would think we were getting sub 10k crowds ffs

We ARE getting sub 10k crowds. In Tasmania.

vs GWS this year...
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 6.34.14 PM.png

vs Adelaide this year...
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 6.33.32 PM.png

We ARE getting sub 10k crowds. In Tasmania.

vs GWS this year...
View attachment 383726

vs Adelaide this year...
View attachment 383727
  • North Melbourne v Richmond
  • Round 11 - 19:50 AEST, Jun 03, 2016 Crowd 17,844
Friday night game was a great night. Those above games have been discussed in earlier threads as to the circumstances why they pulled low figures

Friday night game was a great night. Those above games have been discussed in earlier threads as to the circumstances why they pulled low figures

If we played the game we did against Richmond in 2017 in Hobart. With that performance as the precursor, we'd have scratched to get 8k to the Saint Fiddler game.

The hilarious part is how he claims as fact his model means better crowds for North.

Bullshit. You're guessing.

There is absolutely no evidence that would be the case.

In fact the evidence would suggest the crowds would be lower on average simply because of the smaller stadium sizes in Tasmania.

Dumb, fat, moron.

Assuming the best case scenario where we get capacity crowds for every game,

Hobart Game 1: 20,000
Hobart Game 2: 20,000
Hobart Game 3: 20,000
Hobart Game 4: 20,000
Hobart Game 5: 20,000
Launceston Game 1: 21,000
Launceston Game 2: 21,000
Launceston Game 3: 21,000
Launceston Game 4: 21,000
Etihad Game 1: 56,347
Etihad Game 2: 56,347
Average: 26,972

In 2016 for our home games average attendance 28,411

I am staggered that the General Manager of the AFL would allow himself to be roped in to this bullshit.
Hutchy was clearly garnering some publicity for his show. But the AFL boss responding to his comments just raises some eyebrows.

Hutchy is a fat flog who has no common sense when it comes to footy little own his own life, sit down shut the * up and eat another donut you prick. I'm sick to death of him fuelling negativity towards our club on his subpar show Footy Classified where the panel have zero credibility for anything Caro is the least respected Journo behind Mark Robinson, Lloyd is an opinionated twat who got most of his goals from free kicks and Garry Lyon is a deceitful conniving douchebag who sleeps with his best mates wives. How these 4 muppets even got a show is beyond me but the BS the show spreads about North needs to stop. The only hysteria they create surrounding North is always negative eg. Crowd attendances, Relocations. Even when we won 9 in a row last year hutchy still didn't have anything good to say about North. Disgraceful!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club really should ask for a "please explain"from him.
The club should really ask him to join them for a full contact training session...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

The club really should ask for a "please explain"from him.
I would be calling him out.
He has no power nor influence in where our club base is located.
So just what is he implying? Lack of professionalism and putting Simon in his place rather than Hutchy would show more balls from the club.

North Melbourne is a step closer to expanding its Arden Street headquarters with architects set to deliver new plans for a multi-storey extension.

Managing director and CEO Carl Dilena confirmed the club had already consulted with Melbourne City Council ahead of its submission to build on the extension slab, that sits between the existing exterior wall of the facility and outdoor pool.

"We have a workshop with the architects on Thursday to go through their first set of drawings," Dilena said.

"From there, we will refine them and then finalise them before submitting to council for approval."

As part of having a standalone VFL team beginning next season and its push to secure an AFLW licence, North intends to extend its facilities and upgrade the Arden Street Oval so it can be 'match ready'.

"This would include new interchange benches on the oval, improved lighting, coaches boxes and a scoreboard," Dilena said.

"As far as the facility is concerned, it means brand new change rooms for the women's team, added office space for the coaches and support staff and the possibility of a rooftop function area to entertain our supporters and watch games."

The move ties in with the club's overarching masterplan for the $7 billion Arden precinct redevelopment with the Metro rail tunnel project.

"We are adapting to the changing profile of the area which is going from light industrial to high-density residential and it's exciting to be a part of," Dilena said.

Recently, North sent a detailed concept to the Victorian Planning Authority that included expansion along Macaulay Rd, an indoor pool, two indoor centres (one with a synthetic oval and another with four multi-use courts) and an outdoor synthetic oval.

"We are thinking big, and we are thinking years and years ahead to ensure our club and players continue to have state-of-the-art facilities and resources," Dilena said.

"We see the extension slab as stage-one of a multi-stage process, but we need to move quickly to ensure construction can be completed in time for the introduction of our AFLW team in 2019."

RELATED: North's bold plan

I called Hutchy this morning, then had a coffee and chat. After a bit of small talk about fatness and baldness I asked him how Starsky was? He said that he'd lost touch, but he'd heard the bloke had porked up a bit too.

Anyway, I digress. I drew Hutchy's attention to this recent article but he simply wouldn't back down. He said that the Arden st expansion would be done using sandwich panel and would therefore be relocatable south using the Spirit of Tasmania. He then proceeded to show me 9 bullet points on how this would be done.

Last edited:
North Melbourne is a step closer to expanding its Arden Street headquarters with architects set to deliver new plans for a multi-storey extension.

Managing director and CEO Carl Dilena confirmed the club had already consulted with Melbourne City Council ahead of its submission to build on the extension slab, that sits between the existing exterior wall of the facility and outdoor pool.

"We have a workshop with the architects on Thursday to go through their first set of drawings," Dilena said.

"From there, we will refine them and then finalise them before submitting to council for approval."

As part of having a standalone VFL team beginning next season and its push to secure an AFLW licence, North intends to extend its facilities and upgrade the Arden Street Oval so it can be 'match ready'.

"This would include new interchange benches on the oval, improved lighting, coaches boxes and a scoreboard," Dilena said.

"As far as the facility is concerned, it means brand new change rooms for the women's team, added office space for the coaches and support staff and the possibility of a rooftop function area to entertain our supporters and watch games."

The move ties in with the club's overarching masterplan for the $7 billion Arden precinct redevelopment with the Metro rail tunnel project.

"We are adapting to the changing profile of the area which is going from light industrial to high-density residential and it's exciting to be a part of," Dilena said.

Recently, North sent a detailed concept to the Victorian Planning Authority that included expansion along Macaulay Rd, an indoor pool, two indoor centres (one with a synthetic oval and another with four multi-use courts) and an outdoor synthetic oval.

"We are thinking big, and we are thinking years and years ahead to ensure our club and players continue to have state-of-the-art facilities and resources," Dilena said.

"We see the extension slab as stage-one of a multi-stage process, but we need to move quickly to ensure construction can be completed in time for the introduction of our AFLW team in 2019."

RELATED: North's bold plan
Brilliant response from the club well done North Melbourne absolutely BRILLIANT!

So all we have to do to pull a bumper crowd at every Tasmanian home game is to demand the Friday night fixture and be on top of the AFL ladder?

The equation is quite simple: if we are playing poorly, we get poor crowds, no matter whether it is in Melbourne or Tasmania. Conversely, if we play well and are in contention for a top 4 spot on the ladder and a genuine tilt at a flag, we will pull strong crowds regardless of where the home games are played. Let's not forget that a good crowd in Tasmania is less than 18k. A bad crowd in Melbourne is suddenly 26k. I think we should play in front of a bad Melbourne crowd of 26k because a bad Tasmania crowd would be a frightful prospect.

Take a dump in a paper bag, set it on fire and leave it on Hutchy's doorstep, before ringing the bell and doing a runner?

Why, do you think he will see himself and pass out a la Jennifer Parker in back to the future 2?

I thought the strategy was good to have JB, now distanced from the club get it public that this was coming from the AFL. Then have the official announcement about progressing the Arden St plans to drive it in the direction of our future clearly being at Arden St. Clever.

The worrying thing is that this has come from the AFL who clearly want to send us to Tassie so we're really in battle mode again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back