North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are now more ways to compensate teams than just a priority pick

Jacob Edwards was in a way a compensation in sorts as he would have been a top 20 pick had he been selected in november and in a way it will be similar this year getting a good look at the available kids with VFL games in them when they have not played in 2 years

There are now more ways to compensate teams than just a priority pick

Jacob Edwards was in a way a compensation in sorts as he would have been a top 20 pick had he been selected in november and in a way it will be similar this year getting a good look at the available kids with VFL games in them when they have not played in 2 years

That's a weird type of compensation. Edwards has done nothing to date, so far Hawthorn has been compensated more than North.

Shouldn't Matt Rowell have been a form of compensation for GC then because he was that much better than Noah Anderson?

I see no harm in giving an end of first round priority pick to any club that has finished bottom 4 for 3 or 4 seasons in a row.

I don't think they will ever give a club a top 5 PP ever again, unless something truly horrific happens to that footy club.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns got another one in a year if things don't improve, the AFL will continue just making it up as they go.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns got another one in a year if things don't improve, the AFL will continue just making it up as they go.

Think we have seen enough lmprovement from the Suns so far to suggest they won't need or get one.

But if they got another one and North has another poor season and didn't (North) get one, the whole system is a mockery..

'Queensland ambassador payments' outside of the cap and team marketing allowance certainly help in that regard.

'Queensland ambassador payments' outside of the cap and team marketing allowance certainly help in that regard.
I'd rather give the Suns more cap than a priority pick. They don't have issues in identifying and developing talent. It's just holding onto it that's the issue.

If they give NM a priority pick, they'd need to give the Crows one too. Both teams with similar results the last couple of years and you will likely finish above us this year. I'd argue the youth at NM looks better too.
Under the old system you wouldnt of got it anyway as your team got 7 wins last season

giphy.gif

Don't like the priority pick personally. The draft is already weighted to favour the poor teams and pushes back every other clubs pick
That's coming from a supporter of a team who's meant to be bottom 4 too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of first round is a pretty good possibility at this stage.

They won't get one of those 'traditional' pre first round 1 PPs in an 18 team comp (which is something I personally disagree with, but it's a basic reality)

North have been dealt a very bad/harsh card I admit. Not good for footy

I’d settle for an amnesty to get Jared Polec off the books

End of first round is a pretty good possibility at this stage.

They won't get one of those 'traditional' pre first round 1 PPs in an 18 team comp (which is something I personally disagree with, but it's a basic reality)

North have been dealt a very bad/harsh card I admit. Not good for footy

Well they traded their second rounder this year for CCJ, thats prob pick 19. Then they don't play him, why should they get the pick replaced?

They were this bad at the start of last year and came good. Same with the Crows year before. The same will happen again, they will get another gun at the top of the draft and slowly get better.

Well they traded their second rounder this year for CCJ, thats prob pick 19. Then they don't play him, why should they get the pick replaced?

They were this bad at the start of last year and came good. Same with the Crows year before. The same will happen again, they will get another gun at the top of the draft and slowly get better.

They have a pretty ordinary coach as well to be fair. Always thought Dave Noble was q desperate/tinpot appointment at the time

Long road back for North from here.

All this talk of the best youth in the comp and I still don't reckon 3 priority picks could fix this basketcase in the short term.

Could have sworn I saw 100 posts last week about beating up a WAFL team like it was an achievement and Nick Spudlarkey kicking a few on a bloke we'll never even hear of again.

Embarrassing performance tonight

They have a pretty ordinary coach as well to be fair. Always thought Dave Noble was q desperate/tinpot appointment at the time

Long road back for North from here.

It just takes time though. You were bottom for ages, so were we, so were Melbourne. Ultimately the incompetence actually gives you the best chance of having the best list in the comp at some point in the future. Strange system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back