North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's game surely gives the club a strong case.

We might have actually gone backwards from last year, if possible. I don't see where the next win comes from.
The only other win I could see is against crows

We should have got the extra pick last year

We might have actually gone backwards from last year, if possible. I don't see where the next win comes from.

You won the game. If you lost though yep

Good Grief.

Get an actual decent coach and better medical staff, and you will see better results.

By 2 1/2 goals against a mostly wafl side. We are in trouble if this is the standard.

It's only round 2

But if you only win 3 games this season (which may seem reasonable on today's output), than I would be in favour of North getting one, especially given you have never had one before (which I honestly think does have to be factored in the decision process at AFL House)

Bit odd handing out priority picks for a club that traded out best 22 players for picks (ie: Ben Brown) but in any case I think there's more than enough talent to be competitive, they just need time to develop their players.

I don't mind priority picks in general, would almost prefer the old formula though rather than this discretionary s**t.
Get rid off NGAs and Father-Sons though.

Bit odd handing out priority picks for a club that traded out best 22 players for picks (ie: Ben Brown) but in any case I think there's more than enough talent to be competitive, they just need time to develop their players.

I don't mind priority picks in general, would almost prefer the old formula though rather than this discretionary s**t.

Still plenty of good/mature age players in the system that were not drafted like Nic Martin and Hayes from the Saints.

Rebuilding teams like North need to try look there to help build their list with 'ready made' youth.

No to a North Priority pick. They will have a tough run this year, but have plenty of young talent on their list. It’s the ‘young’ part of the equation holding them back, and that’s to be expected.
Could actually be the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What surprised me is how old North are. Of the teams that have completed games so far this round

Adelaide - 23 years, 7 months
Hawthorn - 24 years, 11 months
Essendon - 25 years, 0 months
Gold Coast - 25 years, 0 months
North - 25 years, 0 months
Carlton - 25 years, 2 monoths
Port Adelaide - 25 years, 2 months
Sydney - 25 years, 3 months
West Coast - 25 years, 3 months
Melbourne - 25 years, 4 months
Collingwood - 25 years, 11 months
Western Bulldogs - 25 years, 11 months
Brisbane - 26 years, 4 months
Geelong - 28 years, 1 month

I mean they are on the younger side of that table but they are still older than some teams that are better than them.

AFL does a lot of odd things. Like fining clubs for tanking for draft picks, and then giving them the money required to finally get a decent coach...

What surprised me is how old North are. Of the teams that have completed games so far this round

Adelaide - 23 years, 7 months
Hawthorn - 24 years, 11 months
Essendon - 25 years, 0 months
Gold Coast - 25 years, 0 months
North - 25 years, 0 months
Carlton - 25 years, 2 monoths
Port Adelaide - 25 years, 2 months
Sydney - 25 years, 3 months
West Coast - 25 years, 3 months
Melbourne - 25 years, 4 months
Collingwood - 25 years, 11 months
Western Bulldogs - 25 years, 11 months
Brisbane - 26 years, 4 months
Geelong - 28 years, 1 month

I mean they are on the younger side of that table but they are still older than some teams that are better than them.
These tables are rubbish and mean nothing. Its all how you're playing in September. Its all it ever has been. 3 months age etc across a list isnt going to give you an "edge" in finals

If north only win 2 or 3 then yes give them a PP

I haven't watched the game, but I see the kangaroos won the game today. Am I missing something?
We played really poorly and just scraped over the line vs a covid decimated eagles team. Any other team would have flogged them. No comment on the PP, think it's way too early to discuss. Will be interesting later in the year if we are still terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back