North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Grief.

Get an actual decent coach and better medical staff, and you will see better results.
Medical staff?

Tarryn Thomas was kicked in the ribs and LDU was slammed to the turf. Not sure how a good physio would have prevented either injury...

We played really poorly and just scraped over the line vs a covid decimated eagles team. Any other team would have flogged them. No comment on the PP, think it's way too early to discuss. Will be interesting later in the year if we are still terrible.
The kangaroos won by 4 goals by the looks of the final score. I wouldn't say that's scrapping over the line and somewhat in the vicinity of a comfortable win.

The final score might not be a flogging, but it's not the kangaroos actually lost to them.

Last edited:
Could have sworn North were the best wooden spoon side in history last year and had the best group of youngsters in the league? How can that same set of supporters claim for a priority pick?
We were claiming we should have got a pp last year and that hasn’t changed despite also having exciting youngsters

We were claiming we should have got a pp last year and that hasn’t changed despite also having exciting youngsters
Well you’ve answered your own question really. A team with exciting youngsters can find their own way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next week against Brisbane at the GABBA with what looks to be 3 out of 4 best mids out will tell a lot.
No it won’t. Playing against a decent team with a decimated midfield will tell us nothing.

Alternatively, how you go against another bottom 4 team with a full strength squad will be far more telling.

I haven't watched the game, but I see the kangaroos won the game today. Am I missing something?
Yes.

The win was uglier than a hatful of arseholes. But I'll take it as not seeing too many others for the rest of the season.

we don't need a priority pick. more top end draft talent isn't the solution to our problems, we need football department continuity and for the young brigade we have now to mature together. it'll be fine.
Agree. All your talent is on the young end of your list. Many of your older players aren’t really contributing a great deal any more.

A few years together will see them rise up the ladder.

Only two rounds into the season. Far too early for this talk. Last season we were dreadful for the first half of the year and improved significantly, off a pretty low base admittedly, in the second half of the season. If North haven't improved by round 15 or so and are getting pumped by everyone then maybe then this discussion will have merit.

Dees the second worst performing team of the last 20 years? That's a nice fresh priority pick, thank you!
Yeah and you got your priority pick

Our turn to pass go and collect our first ever one which should have happened last year when we were bottom 4 for the 3rd time in 5 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back