News North to play Essendon or Richmond on Good Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Should not be playing footy on Good Friday. Can we have one day in the year we still respect? Whatever happens I will not be watching.

A lot of people are not even slightly interested in religion - particularly me.

Rugby league play on good friday every year, have done for years - guess how many people are up in arms in Sydney & Queensland = bugger all.

If you don't want to watch then why should you be concerned about what others are doing?

It should be tigers-pies on the Thursday and demons-bombers on good Friday, but I guess the afl thought that the two teams playing on Anzac Day deserve more nights rest between games than the two teams playing the night before, gee how clever from the afl, wish I was as clever as the afl :rolleyes:

The problem is the AFL are stubborn and are addicted to sameness when it comes to fixturing, change up the marquee games and put different teams on those days and the interest will get a new lease of life.

Put the showdown on Anzac Day, it will be packed and people will watch, it doesn't need to be Ess and Coll.
Put Geelong and Essendon as the season opener, it will be packed and people will watch, it doesn't need to be rich and Carlton.

Ditto, Easter Monday, Anzac eve, queens birthday,

Should not be playing footy on Good Friday. Can we have one day in the year we still respect? Whatever happens I will not be watching.
Great idea.Raise more money towards a great cause.Helping sick kids.

Rugby league play on good friday every year, have done for years - guess how many people are up in arms in Sydney & Queensland = bugger all.

If you don't want to watch then why should you be concerned about what others are doing?
It would be fair to say a lot of people are interested in Religion...even Tiger supporters!...I am...
I am not interested in RL, again it's a fair bet that some of it's supporters are not happy either about RL on Good Friday...
And you know for a fact that bugger all supporters are up in arms about RL playing on Good Friday!?!
Like the previous poster stated...it's about 'respect' and I for one agree with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFC was founded by working class Catholics. If we are prepared to pay respects to indigenous culture then surely we can pay respect to our own and the traditions that founded the club in the first place.

Footy has zip to do with religion as does rugby.

Yeah, I don't see how heathens going to a game on their day off is disrespectful either.

Pretty sure I do something that would upset some religious folks somewhere on most days.

Yeah, I don't see how heathens going to a game on their day off is disrespectful either.

Pretty sure I do something that would upset some religious folks somewhere on most days.
And the Greens the Politicians and the Police your family your friends your relatives...strangers...so what?!?

It’ll be of more use to helping sick children than not doing it out of “respect”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back