Not sure on what team to follow (EPL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you gotta watch games and just let it happen ...

Or simply follow Chelsea! Not as mainstream as a MU or Liverpool and yet not as crap as a Tottenham or Arsenal who don't win anything. We're basically the perfect club ;)

in the end it doesn't matter which club you support, it's how you support them.

everyone know one of 'those guys'.

Yup. Got plenty of mates that do the similar things in terms of NBA. When I support a team I make sure I SUPPORT it :thumbsu:

Yeah you gotta watch games and just let it happen ...

Or simply follow Chelsea! Not as mainstream as a MU or Liverpool and yet not as crap as a Tottenham or Arsenal who don't win anything. We're basically the perfect club ;)

PMSL.

$$$$$

That's the problem. I can't support the team I like the most when I have no idea about any of the teams.

Just watch some games. You'll find yourself drawn to a particular team or group of players.

As the saying goes, you dont find a team. Your team finds you.

Thanks for all the input guys. Will watch some games and liking the look of Tottenham and Swansea so far. Fulham looks like a nice choice as well.

But I guess as moomba said, the team finds you :thumbsu:

I started watching the BPL regularly in early December. Was originally warming to Newcastle mainly and also the Spurs but I watched games with a Chelsea supporting mate and I got to know all the players and all of a sudden during games I was yelling at Mikel for not pulling the trigger when passing. So I thought that was a sign.

If you want to stay away from the bandwagon tag then maybe look at Newcastle, Everton or the Spurs even. If you're ok with being a kind of bandwagoner then look no further than Chelsea.

Teams to avoid -
Manchester United, they lost their soul when it walked out on them to found a new club 7 years ago.
Tottenham, If you take them you have to deal with GrandBlue - And trust me, you don't want that. He'll embarrass you beyond belief.
Chelsea - No history, just a toy for a Russian tycoon.

Teams I'd recommend -
Manchester City, sure, their heart has been pierced but they still have a soul. Plus you can just coast by and let moomba fight your battles for ya :p.
Arsenal, only fan owned team in the EPL. Sure, a rich Yank and a rich Russian own about 95% of the team, but the other 5 or so percent are fan owned.
Liverpool, they suck enough now that you wont be touted as a bandwagon, but they have enough money to ensure they're competitive.

Everyone else - You aint gonna be winning anything just about ever at this level, but it could be a fun trip around the place. Stoke could be fun (agitating everyone else with negative tactics) or perhaps someone like Southampton or Norwich City would be good. Everton wouldn't be bad either.

Thanks for all the input guys. Will watch some games and liking the look of Tottenham and Swansea so far. Fulham looks like a nice choice as well.

But I guess as moomba said, the team finds you :thumbsu:
You might enjoy the team, but you wont enjoy this board if you choose them.
Infact, I'm willing to bet if you're still tossing up teams mid-late this coming season, the second GrandBlue opens his mouth, you'll be running straight in the opposite direction.

You might enjoy the team, but you wont enjoy this board if you choose them.
Infact, I'm willing to bet if you're still tossing up teams mid-late this coming season, the second GrandBlue opens his mouth, you'll be running straight in the opposite direction.

Whats his deal? :p

Man Utd are there for the money. Glazer has priced the real fans out of Old Trafford. You wonder why they call it the theatre of dreams. Only theatre goers can get in now.

THe City owner, hasn't priced tickets out of the reach of the common fan. He's at least making it accessible for the fans. It's partly why I just frown upon them rather than hating them like I do Utd.

And my main point for Chelsea was no history. It'd be like MK Dons getting a rich oil lord in power and turning them into a powerhouse in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man Utd are there for the money. Glazer has priced the real fans out of Old Trafford. You wonder why they call it the theatre of dreams. Only theatre goers can get in now.

THe City owner, hasn't priced tickets out of the reach of the common fan. He's at least making it accessible for the fans. It's partly why I just frown upon them rather than hating them like I do Utd.

And my main point for Chelsea was no history. It'd be like MK Dons getting a rich oil lord in power and turning them into a powerhouse in the near future.
Whilst I do agree that the Premier League should adopt a more German Philosophy in selling tickets, United's are hardly the most expensive. From memory on par with Liverpool and still quite a bit behind Arsenal. Wouldn't have a clue about City.

and how you can insinuate that is Chelsea plastic but then justify City is beyond me

Chelsea pre-Russian - 1 league title, 3 cup
Manchester City pre-Arab - 2 league titles, 4 cup, 1 European

At least Man City has a European title not bought, and heck, it was done when European tournaments meant something rather than a way for the rich to get richer.

I have more respect for Nottingham Forrest than I do for Chelsea, at least they could win a European title without the benefit of an oil lord.

So how long until Chelsea has 'history'? 10 years? 20?

Nature of the beast, the teams that can spend the most on players and wages will generally be the ones winning silverware. I'm relatively new to following football but was it really that different to when say, Liverpool were consistently winning titles? I'm sure they were cashed up relative to other teams back then.

I'd check out Newcastle, they seem to attract a few Australian fans. Them or Swansea, but it's up to you in the end.

Just don't go for Stoke or you'll want to kill yourself by years end.

The biggest mistake people make is equating history with winning things, especially winning things in the premier league/Sky era.

Saying a club has no history really betrays a lack of knowledge and understanding of the clubs history.

Chelsea may not have been the most successful pre Roman but they had some great moments, and great players wear their shirt.

0,,10268~9335274,00.jpg

So how long until Chelsea has 'history'? 10 years? 20?

Nature of the beast, the teams that can spend the most on players and wages will generally be the ones winning silverware. I'm relatively new to following football but was it really that different to when say, Liverpool were consistently winning titles? I'm sure they were cashed up relative to other teams back then.
Well, Adelaide doesn't have history yet according to some and we've been around for over 20 years. So mid 2020s at best will be about right for Chelsea ;)

I've got the same thing with American sports, slowly getting into it but I can't pick a team. Don't want to go for the big type teams and feel like a bandwagon rider. Just watch games, you'll find players you like and will lean to that team.

It is cringeworthy that you convince yourself your rich club is honorable but the other rich clubs aren't.
We earnt our riches through sweat and tears, not inherited from our parents. ;) :p

Whatever you do, stay away from Real Madrid.

Also Stratton_Gun, I'd say Liverpool = Essendon more so than Richmond. Expectations are unrealistically high, defending in blind faith (Hird/Suarez).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back