Remove this Banner Ad

Tigerish09

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond reserves
We’ve just won a flag but over the last 3 years I have a greater than normal anticipation for the next game that Richmond plays. This is largely because they’ve won 15, 18 and 16 home and away games over the last 3 years, this is up there with the best in history and means when we watch the footy these days there is a high probability that we will win. No matter what sort of week I have I can look forward to some joy and contentment at the end of the week. It’s become habitual to watch and admire our players each week and sadly none of the usual pleasures like sex, food and other entertainment will match this.
The Richmond narrative is a team that has faced adversity but somehow became stronger and a more rounded version of itself. A Reserves flag, a thumping win in the Seniors and a bloke called Rance ready to come back. Can’t wait for next season. Mind you I heard this before in 1980 when we had a mighty team and there were declarations we’d win multiple flags in the ensuing years. We know what happened there. I am finding it a little strange that we’re the best team in the land after all those disappointing years but a couple more flags and I think I’ll get use to it. Now back to more mundane things as I start the countdown to next year, I’ll watch the grand final a couple more times to make myself feel a little better.

We’ve just won a flag but over the last 3 years I have a greater than normal anticipation for the next game that Richmond plays. This is largely because they’ve won 15, 18 and 16 home and away games over the last 3 years, this is up there with the best in history and means when we watch the footy these days there is a high probability that we will win. No matter what sort of week I have I can look forward to some joy and contentment at the end of the week. It’s become habitual to watch and admire our players each week and sadly none of the usual pleasures like sex, food and other entertainment will match this.
The Richmond narrative is a team that has faced adversity but somehow became stronger and a more rounded version of itself. A Reserves flag, a thumping win in the Seniors and a bloke called Rance ready to come back. Can’t wait for next season. Mind you I heard this before in 1980 when we had a mighty team and there were declarations we’d win multiple flags in the ensuing years. We know what happened there. I am finding it a little strange that we’re the best team in the land after all those disappointing years but a couple more flags and I think I’ll get use to it. Now back to more mundane things as I start the countdown to next year, I’ll watch the grand final a couple more times to make myself feel a little better.
Firstly, I would recommend scoring some Ciallis, that'll help with the sex enjoyment, which in turn will help with your appetite and make food more appealing and the 'other entertainment' will take care of itself.

Secondly, get out and enjoy life to the MAX, we are not here very long at all. Spend the kids inheritance and go bananas.

Thirdly, bask in the glory that we are Premiers again (*yeah!!!) the opportunities that gives for enjoyment are untold.

I’m not sure if I should feel happy or sad for you after reading that?
I celebrate GF wins until New Years so the Spring Carnival is here if you love fillies of the two legged or four legged variety. This helps me get there faster. The NGV is a great place to visit as well as seeing live music around town. Wineries are good as well as parks and beaches.
We also have the trade thread in full flight which our BF player scouts are busily at work on not even a work day after winning the flag. 😀
With the enthusiasm and energy you’ve shown by creating this thread I think you need to get involved in the community whether online or in the the real world. Do a charity or a Summer mission in a third world country. Don’t stay idle as you may become dormant for 35 years. 😉

About to add a 7th premiership DVD to my collection so I'm all set.
Picking my favourite is impossible, it's like trying to pick a favourite child.

Three words... Liverpool Football Club

As much as i enjoyed watching us celebrate and seeing players get all they deserve for me the celebration is watching Richmond play.

six months with no Richmond is something I dont want to think about. There are no alternative activites.

At least i will have more choices over next six months than Toby Greenes dad.

As much as i enjoyed watching us celebrate and seeing players get all they deserve for me the celebration is watching Richmond play.

six months with no Richmond is something I dont want to think about. There are no alternative activites.

At least i will have more choices over next six months than Toby Greenes dad.
In the same boat, it's the watching them play that brings the greatest pleasure. Once that run of post-bye wins started I couldn't tear myself away from it. You don't want it to end. All but one of these victories were fairly comfortable, it literally doesn't get any better than this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back