Official Team Thread [Nunez – ‘Toots Hibbert’ Winner] S30 - Sin City Swamprats: "A Rats' Dinasty is Nasty in Double”

Remove this Banner Ad

I was voted for my on-field performance. We don’t have an award for posting nor for league work. Perhaps, this should change.

Let’s see.
*sigh*

S20 Team thread...

Howdy Rats! Listen up - it's time for a new competition - tentatively titled the Al Berton Trophy, to be awarded at the end-of-season presentation night. (if anyone can think of a better name or someone to honour, please PM me)

This will be a posting competition, based on quality posts in the weekly match threads. So, after every match thread I will nominate up to 10 posts or series of posts. Not always 10 - it will depend on how many quality posts yous guys make during the match thread. I will do my best to get the nominations up by Monday evening but make no promises :rolleyes:

Posts will be selected on the following criteria:
  • Creatively tags other team-mates or opponents into the thread
  • Takes down an opponent with a devastating punchline or insult (within SFA rules, of course)
  • Originality
  • Wittiness
  • Artistic merit
  • Random whim of the selector;)
The way this will work is, when the nominations for the week are posted, anyone, Rat or visitor, may vote for the best post or series of posts in the previous week's thread by PMing me the Round No and letter of the post.
For example, if there are 5 posts nominated in Round 1, they will be listed as A) to E). Vote for 1B (ie Round 1, Nomination B) by sending a PM to me by the deadline. I will painstakingly compile the votes per poster and during the presentation night will announce the Al Berton Trophy winner with a selection of his or her best posts. So it is not a vote for the best post, but the best poster at the Rats. Any Rat may have multiple nominations in a week or over the season, so the more awesome posts you make, the more chance you have of winning. A few rules...
  • only one vote per poster is allowed for each round
  • you may not vote for your own post
  • collusion = disqualification
  • anyone may suggest a post or series for nomination, but the selector's decision is final:)
  • Gifs and memes will not qualify. This is lazy posting; we all like to do it because it takes little effort. (And also they don't show when I multi-quote them into the nomination post, so they lose any impact)

Usually I will make the deadline the end of the current thread, so you will have a week to vote, however, as we are a "little " late beginning this, I will allow longer for the votes for the first 8 rounds to be cast. The deadline will be set out clearly in the nomination post.

What about the first 7 rounds, I hear you ask? Well, goddam it some poor bastard is going to have to go back through them and select nominations from each of them - in fact, I've already started. Did you know there were over 1900 posts in Round 2 ?!? :mad: So the first nominations will start to come through later today.

This is just a way to ensure that we play the game the right way and have a little fun doing so. I hope you all participate and win a nice shiny trophy. Trophy is still being designed - in fact, if any of you more tech-savvy people can help out here...?

Cheers.
AB

This eventually became the Macca Medal, which was awarded for the next 6 seasons until it was omitted from the S27 awards.

*sigh*

S20 Team thread...

This eventually became the Macca Medal, which was awarded for the next 6 seasons until it was omitted from the S27 awards.
I’m aware of all our previous awards. There were seasons with 10. Currently, we have 4:
Tonight we will be awarding the following awards:

Toots Hibbert medal - best and fairest
Groove medal - highest goal kicker
Drazah medal - most outstanding club rookie
Captain's award

Ladies and gents - please raise your glasses (and your contact lenses) to our Toots Hibbert medallist for season 30: Nunez. Our dual Mobbs Medallist certainly proved that he's a force to be reckoned with in this competition, and we hope that form continues in the coming season.

Congratulations Nunez!!!!!!!!!

Final standings (top 10):

Nunez 209
ant555 198
GotTheGToodes 152
Ant Bear 137
sataris 90
Power Raid 82
SarahSmiles 82
Firestarter 81
Rich the Babe Evans 77
Sparkle/MannumPower 43
On ya Nunez. Proud to stand side by side the past few seasons mate.

One final announcement before we conclude tonight's proceedings - I'm delighted to announce that Hatchy1992 will be joining the Swamprats in season 31. I understand that his decision to leave the Dragons has been about as popular as a skunk at a perfume party on Dragon Island, but we heartily welcome Hatchy to The Underground, and look forward to him helping the club to have another successful season.

So with that, I trust everybody has enjoyed themselves tonight - bring on the State of Origin carnival, and also a fantastic season, starting in early February.
WELCOME Hatchy1992!! Stoked to have you on board maye!

Congratulations on a fine vote count philreich and thanks for the welcome guys.

Very much looking forward to helping you guys have a successful season 31 and beyond. Its been in the making for a while now.

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas with your family and friends and ill talk to you guys after Christmas!

Congratulations on a fine vote count philreich and thanks for the welcome guys.

Very much looking forward to helping you guys have a successful season 31 and beyond. Its been in the making for a while now.

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas with your family and friends and ill talk to you guys after Christmas!
Oh and congratulations to all award winners!

Merry chrissy Rats.

Have a safe & well deserved rest if you can. Cheers to those working over the holidays too.

Enjoy all. Catch you next season.

UP THE F***IN RATSSSS!!!
Onya Goodesy. All the best for Christmas and new year.

Have a merry Rat Christmas.
738485-rats-liquor-100218.jpg

One final announcement before we conclude tonight's proceedings - I'm delighted to announce that Hatchy1992 will be joining the Swamprats in season 31. I understand that his decision to leave the Dragons has been about as popular as a skunk at a perfume party on Dragon Island, but we heartily welcome Hatchy to The Underground, and look forward to him helping the club to have another successful season.

So with that, I trust everybody has enjoyed themselves tonight - bring on the State of Origin carnival, and also a fantastic season, starting in early February.
You were my brother Hatchy1992! You were supposed to defeat the rats, not join them

ce018548463c43fb9cbb554dbfd0b710.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get back at him by joining the Wonders if you like?
C'mon man, it's one thing to be upset about something in the SFA, it's another to commit qooty-seppuku by joining the rabble at the Wonders.

HELP!!!

If you are reading this, please organise a rescue.

I have been kidnapped by 3 females, 2 adults and a sub-adult. I was forced into my car and ordered to drive them to a place of their choosing. I am now imprisoned in a large building, of mirrors, neon lights and throngs of wild-eyed demons. I am being used as a rack to hang various clothing items on before they are mysteriously discarded; I presume they are preparing robes for a sacrifice. I have had several large bags tied to my wrists to prevent escape. I suspect that these contain dismembered body parts of other unfortunate prisoners.

There is no hope of escape. There are many more here like me. Please send help.

HELP!!!

I have been kidnapped by 3 females, 2 adults and a sub-adult. I was forced into my car and ordered to drive them to a place of their choosing. I am now imprisoned in a large building, of mirrors, neon lights and throngs of wild-eyed demons. I am being used as a rack to hang various clothing items on before they are mysteriously discarded; I presume they are preparing robes for a sacrifice. I have had several large bags tied to my wrists to prevent escape. I suspect that these contain dismembered body parts of other unfortunate prisoners.

Ned_Flanders finally came through.

HELP!!!

You got dragged to the mall, eh? 🥺😆

HELP!!!

So have you recovered yet ?

HELP!!!

Did you end up escaping?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back