Observations on internal issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, this. The coach and his decisions have led us here into our onfield malaise.

The policy and people that have brought us debt free and stable off field, no, they aren't the issue.

And there is no causal link between renouncing pokies and Brad having a s**t game plan where his favourites are accountability free.

But if the board are unwilling to make the changes then what? From what the OP hinted, the board have essentially given all the power to Brad and his yes men, and seem unwilling to intervene. The coach should not be the person in charge of all things football. If the board are not willing to make the change, then they should not be in their position. If they do not have the time or inclination to be involved in the club to be able to make these decisions, then they should go. Not sure how our chairman can do the job he needs to do whilst living in Sydney.

I think if there are changes at board level, IF, you can't replace them with all of the same type.

Sure, put one 90s hard arse on there, but you still need forward thinking types.

I don't want to see the half forward line from the 96 grand final, I want to see a balanced group of people.

Let's not retreat into the myth of the old.

No one is claiming that, but surely you agree that football is under represented on the board?

**** me, it should be constitutionally enforced to make up HALF the board.

We can debate what the future could look like until we are blue in the face.

I think until then we lose sight of the bigger picture - we have to, regrettably, organise against the club.

So let's not split early doors.

No one is claiming that, but surely you agree that football is under represented on the board?

half or two is fine, if anything it keeps them accountable to each other. Which is clearly the problem.

People need to give some credit where it's due for Cam Joyce.

His background was as an opposition analysis and his ability to bring in Higgins, Waite, Dal Santo, Anderson, Jacobs, Marley Williams and Paul Ahern for a collective stuff all has been great.

The club took too long to get rid of the Lewis/Joyce combination at the draft, but his role is now solely recruitment and retention where he has so far been above average if not great.

While Walsh and McDonald were our GM, we were too nice with players. For example how ******* long was Max Warren and Gavin Urquhart on our list for? Joyce is actually prepared to make the tough calls on players such as Clarke, Hartung, Morgan, Mullett, Mountford, Hibberd, Gibson and Wagner and as a result we're finally not tolerating the handy c-grader type. The obvious exception is with Brad's favorites, but it's beyond obvious that Brad has a ton of influence over Joyce.

While an emotional response would be to clean out the entire football department, I have a feeling that with a different coach we'd be seeing an even more ruthless Cam Joyce.

Agree with most of that- though cannot buy the ruthless angle, being ruthless shouldn't require support, stand by your convictions or watch the world pass by.

We just need a FN new coach and strong footy department behind him.

Modern thinking who can utilise the skills of each player and not drive their development into oblivion.

Someone who has been under the Clarko system.

I’d love to have Simpson but that ain’t gonna happen.

Ratten or Mitchell would do me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

Are you suggesting there's a player in the leadership group who doesn't like Brad? I've never read that anywhere. Hints?

Jamie wouldn’t, that’s a fact.

Taz and Jack would need to be swayed but they need to think of their legacy, do they want to be remembered like the mid 2000s guys like Petrie? Well loved but no flag. Or do they want change quickly to get that ultimate prize.

The other person in the leadership group is 31, quickly realising that change is needed sooner rather than later.

Would love to see what the St Kilda BF Board comments looked like this time last year and Richmond’s in 2016. I feel the next 6 months will determine the true credibility of the NMFC Board. By and large they have put a lot of good things in place to strengthen the club’s financial position, adding Reserve and Women’s teams (albeit the extra game in Tassie was sneaky and deceitful in lieu of the fundraising request to ‘strengthen’ Arden St as our new home). If Brad is to see out his term, it feels like a massive overhaul of the football department is required. Whilst I know nothing about how the inner sanctum of our Football department works it feels like stronger and new voices are needed to support / challenge Scott. Both Harwick and Richardson ate humble pie with immediate results (albeit let’s see where the Saints are in 10 weeks time). The Board and Dilena now have to earn their paychecks / honorary positions and make the most important decisions ie what needs to change to win football matches.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kane is in charge of all those things that lead you towards some type of success and is currently failing in them all. But thank you for not suggesting it's gender based bias, that would be untrue. I'd name Joan of Arc as our cpt tomorrow.
Operations is more to be about ensuring systems are in place to support football decision makers in plan implementation, not setting the plans in place themselves. There is zero evidence that she is failing on that front, but plenty of evidence that Joyce, Scott, Crocker and Co are shitting the bed in their area of responsibility.

His background was as an opposition analysis and his ability to bring in Higgins, Waite, Dal Santo, Anderson, Jacobs, Marley Williams and Paul Ahern for a collective stuff all has been great.

The club took too long to get rid of the Lewis/Joyce combination at the draft, but his role is now solely recruitment and retention where he has so far been above average if not great.

While Walsh and McDonald were our GM, we were too nice with players. For example how ******* long was Max Warren and Gavin Urquhart on our list for? Joyce is actually prepared to make the tough calls on players such as Clarke, Hartung, Morgan, Mullett, Mountford, Hibberd, Gibson and Wagner and as a result we're finally not tolerating the handy c-grader type. The obvious exception is with Brad's favorites, but it's beyond obvious that Brad has a ton of influence over Joyce.

While an emotional response would be to clean out the entire football department, I have a feeling that with a different coach we'd be seeing an even more ruthless Cam Joyce.

Spot on, I was trying to think that from the Simpkon draft, I have been fairly happy with who we picked, and to be fair a lot of them have shown talent early. It cant be blamed on him if they are not developed into confortable, fully fledged AFL players. That has to be put on the coaching staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know for a fact that the players you mention that he has bought in weren’t wanted or the clubs that they were at, weren’t fussed if they left. I also know of a former player given a contract to sign, that he sfellowed at when we gave it to said player it was that insulting . Appalling operator and a major reason why we are in the mess we are in. Forward scout...promoted to list manager...promoted to Director of Football based on mates.

I know for a fact that the players you mention that he has bought in weren’t wanted or the clubs that they were at, weren’t fussed if they left. I also know of a former player given a contract to sign, that he sfellowed at when we gave it to said player it was that insulting . Appalling operator and a major reason why we are in the mess we are in. Forward scout...promoted to list manager...promoted to Director of Football based on mates.
And that's the truth of it. :stern look

I think even if we added in Dusty and Kelly into the current team we still wouldn't be winning the flag, our coaching department are a fricking mess.

I just heard Alan Richardson say, that they brought in Lade and Ratten into assistant coaching roles this year.

Now, say what you want about Lade, but he was one of the smartest guys out on the field ask any any ruckaman that played against him, they will tell you that he is very clever and we all know about Ratten.

If we can’t get rid of Brad, then its time to shake up the assistants.

We got Shaw in as the backline coach this year, well the backline is the least of our worries, our midfield and forward lines are the worst in the AFL, I’m not talking talent wise, I’m talking structures and tactics.

Go out there and bring in assistants that played the game well, not because of their raw ability, but ones that did it with their brains.

If, however what we are hearing about Brad not being good at receiving feedback and doing things his way or the highway, then we are officially stuffed for years to come with him on board.

Lol, won't happy for so many, many reasons.

Only way they get involved is to shunt us fully to Tassie. Like how they were facilitating the Melbourne Hawks.

As I said, there is no link between us renouncing pokies and Brad having a s**t game plan, and a s**t medium term strategy of "Wave money in front of good players from other clubs then magic magic magic something or other ... Premiership!"

But if the board are unwilling to make the changes then what? From what the OP hinted, the board have essentially given all the power to Brad and his yes men, and seem unwilling to intervene. The coach should not be the person in charge of all things football. If the board are not willing to make the change, then they should not be in their position. If they do not have the time or inclination to be involved in the club to be able to make these decisions, then they should go. Not sure how our chairman can do the job he needs to do whilst living in Sydney.

Agree with all of this.

It should be remembered by all it wasn't Buckley and Dilena that put on us the off field path we are on, others did the hard yards there.

I have NO PROBLEM getting rid of them.

I have issues with people claiming we can just Chuck the most successful off field strategy we've ever had, one being copied comp wide, coz Brad keeps playing Jmac.

Archer is a great guy but has always been a simpleton. If we get an old player on the board or in a position of power, they need to be intelligent and articulate.

The club needs an entire review as many have said, and it requires expertise in different facets of business, administration and football. How to do it though is the tough part.

Completely agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back