Analysis Off season - what are the lads getting up to

Remove this Banner Ad

The only benefits of altitude training come from being exposed to it for long periods of time.

Not a two week camp.
But the immediate aerobic benefit of altitude itself wouldn't be the justification. It would be more like:

Get the players further outside their comfort zone than would be possible here. Snow and altitude are mentally challenging as well as physically. Easier to push players to exhaustion at altitude.

The bonding aspects of being away from their usual support networks and into the club cocoon

Making the new players feel like the club is seriously investing in them.

Other benefits of being in the US: access to a different set of sports science resources, schmoozing with the Utah Jazz, etc.

But the immediate aerobic benefit of altitude itself wouldn't be the justification. It would be more like:

Get the players further outside their comfort zone than would be possible here. Snow and altitude are mentally challenging as well as physically. Easier to push players to exhaustion at altitude.

The bonding aspects of being away from their usual support networks and into the club cocoon

Making the new players feel like the club is seriously investing in them.

Other benefits of being in the US: access to a different set of sports science resources, schmoozing with the Utah Jazz, etc.
100%. Nail head.

- mental
- social
- something different (keeping in mind they will be slogging it out in the heat on a flat track for months before games start).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if there is a picture of two who need to get the whips cracking in 2019...
Aaaayyyyyyyyeee...

I can see where the confusion is now.

You were commenting on a photo by someone I’m ignoring, which on my screen made it look like you were commenting on the photo I posted of Majak & Ziebs.

Aaaayyyyyyyyeee...

I can see where the confusion is now.

You were commenting on a photo by someone I’m ignoring, which on my screen made it look like you were commenting on the photo I posted of Majak & Ziebs.

Oh ok

I have PM you an explanation

I will delete my comment

You not lubbb a poster

Jack should lose the captaincy based on that Tie choice.
I have the same tie and have become inspired to action. The conundrum is as to whether I give the tie to the salvos further cycling the tie into other eyeballs, binning the thing and adding too landfill a perfectly tieable tie, or do I stash it under my house until the eyes evolve with the fashion cycle and the design becomes exceptionally eye-ball-a-bull as the design once must have been?

I have the same tie and have become inspired to action. The conundrum is as to whether I give the tie to the salvos further cycling the tie into other eyeballs, binning the thing and adding too landfill a perfectly tieable tie, or do I stash it under my house until the eyes evolve with the fashion cycle and the design becomes exceptionally eye-ball-a-bull as the design once must have been?
It's a tough one. Personally, I'd pull out the sewing machine and add it to a patch work quilt for your dog.

Why does Maj look 60cm taller than everyone else on the field and then you look at this and think JZ is tall or Maj is actually shorter than he appears?
Those 2 blokes have deceptive heights. Maj is a bit taller than me, but I thought he’d be way taller. Maybe 6’4 or 6’5?
Jack is about 6’2, I thought he’d be a bit shorter than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back