Oh god please no... 2017 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gov

McLovin' it
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
With the draft approaching was interested in which players everyone's terrified their team will go for, or drafting strategies you're (perhaps irrationally) dreading your team will take.

For me it'd be WC taking Oscar Allen at 13, a third tall forward with 'midfield potential' like Tom Lamb that'll end up stuck on the HFF at WAFL level behind Darling etc.

However safe WA boy that performed highly in juniors seems absolutely typical of WC.

There's also talk of us going Liam Ryan in the 20s which IMO is jumping the gun in a big way.

Thoughts feelings emotions?

I just hope bigfooty does not crash during the draft. It was okay last year from memory but there have been other years where bigfooty has collapsed as a result of the vastly increased traffic.
If you had a premium account the odds of that happening are lowered.

You cheap campaigner :)

I'm hoping we steer clear of Naughton, i've never seen him play and haven't looked up his highlights package, but from what i've heard he's an iffy kick and that's enough to put a line through his name for me.

I remember doing one of these a few years back, my please no selection was Nathan Freeman, if only they had listened ;(

Concerned about Rayner joining Brisbane, only to request a trade at the end of 2019.

Retaining LDU I don't think would be an issue considering he's the outdoorsy surfer type and that his mother owns a house up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A left-of-field Wells selection that no one rated anywhere near our pick. You'll then have Geelong posters saying that Wells knows what he's doing because he got some diamonds in the rough with late picks in the 90s and early 2000s, so these players will be bound to become stars even if they weren't rated as highly by phantom drafters and external commentators as other players who the club chose not to take.

Then we'll be happy to see them gone for some picks in the 50s three years later.

Another Wells strategy is to pick someone whose value has fallen due to being injured because it worked out with Selwood that one time. Unfortunately, other players recruited on this basis have coincidentally tended to have injury problems.

A left-of-field Wells selection that no one rated anywhere near our pick. You'll then have Geelong posters saying that Wells knows what he's doing because he got some diamonds in the rough with late picks in the 90s and early 2000s, so these players will be bound to become stars even if they weren't rated as highly by phantom drafters and external commentators as other players who the club chose not to take.

Then we'll be happy to see them gone for some picks in the 50s three years later.

Another Wells strategy is to pick someone whose value has fallen due to being injured because it worked out with Selwood that one time. Unfortunately, other players recruited on this basis have coincidentally tended to have injury problems.
Wells recent record iffy

Wouldn't you just be hoping for the top KPP?
Nah, not me anyway, i'm hoping for Fog, think he's a ready to go player across HB, next year we're apparently going hard for Lynch, it we land him good, but we miss out we go for the best available KF in the draft, our KPP stocks aren't as bad as people make out the way the game's being played now.

I'm hoping we steer clear of Naughton, i've never seen him play and haven't looked up his highlights package, but from what i've heard he's an iffy kick and that's enough to put a line through his name for me.

I remember doing one of these a few years back, my please no selection was Nathan Freeman, if only they had listened ;(
What number is your first pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back