Who wins it?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Career List A strike rate coming in:

Turner 95
Short 99
Agar 90
Green 88

Yeah, you can make an argument for Green over Agar but you definitely push Turner and Short ahead

Gee South Australia's side looked a worry on paper so the result isn't surprising.

Look I'm probably ignorant of a couple of the players but looks to me that they only picked 3 batsman and 3 bowlers. How does that happen.

Like if you are going to be complete shithouse with the bat at least pick 5 bowlers and then if Carey/Weatherald/Head score some runs you might win a game at some point.

Look I'm probably ignorant of a couple of the players but looks to me that they only picked 3 batsman and 3 bowlers. How does that happen.

Like if you are going to be complete shithouse with the bat at least pick 5 bowlers and then if Carey/Weatherald/Head score some runs you might win a game at some point.

Bats

Head
Carey (keeper)
Weatherald
Gibson

All-Rounders
McSweeney
Kerber
Neilson (keeper)

Bowlers

Agar
Richardson
Worrall
McAndrews

Unproven players Gibson, McSweeney, Kerber, Neilson (only gets game because of his dad), McAndrew, Agar is average
I don't think any of these players would get a game in the WA team

Players you can rely on to potentially not be crap: Head Carey Weatherald Richardon Worrall

Bats

Head
Carey (keeper)
Weatherald
Gibson

All-Rounders
McSweeney
Kerber
Neilson (keeper)

Bowlers

Agar
Richardson
Worrall
McAndrews

Unproven players Gibson, McSweeney, Kerber, Neilson (only gets game because of his dad), McAndrew, Agar is average
I don't think any of these players would get a game in the WA team

Players you can rely on to potentially not be crap: Head Carey Weatherald Richardon Worrall
Your constant hatred of Nielsen is bizarre. He's not brilliant but he had the second most runs for SA last season in this format of the game, and averaged more than than both Carey and Weatherald.

I just noticed Shaun marsh is still playing at 38.

I would have thought he would have just worried about T20 cricket by now.

Dont WA have any good young batsman to replace him yet

Yes I would I would back Green over those two any day

last time green played SA he smacked 140 odd...the lad has power
Their respective Strike Rate's for List A/T20

Green: 90/108
Turner: 96/131
Short: 100/133

So I'm pretty comfortable putting Turner and Short ahead of him based on this

Agar is average
Had fourth best BBL figures last season. Seems T20 is his go. But not writing him off yet for the 50 over stuff.. or for Tests.
Yes I would I would back Green over those two any day

last time green played SA he smacked 140 odd...the lad has power
.. and didn't he whack one Indian bowler for four sixes in one over last Test series.

I think Philippe has stated his case for a spot in our ODI side. The guy is a gun when on song. His timing is sublime.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just noticed Shaun marsh is still playing at 38.

I would have thought he would have just worried about T20 cricket by now.

Dont WA have any good young batsman to replace him yet

Maybe he is holding out hope for one last tilt at the Ashes. You never know with the selectors. Not like any of Harris, Burns, Wade, Head etc have locked down a spot.

Their respective Strike Rate's for List A/T20

Green: 90/108
Turner: 96/131
Short: 100/133

So I'm pretty comfortable putting Turner and Short ahead of him based on this

Nah I think we are getting a little bit confused eth in regards to finishing

So they have higher strike rates based on T20 so .....why would you have Green down the order below those two? (which I wouldn't any way except if short opens) as they score more quickly based on least balls faced compared to green...who came in for 2 overs....which he did pretty good any way 13 off 5 balls with a six and four

My rambling aside.......My point is that Green should be given the most balls to face compared to both turner short agar as Green has proven he can go big and score quickly when needed

The only reason I can think this happened ...Voges was trying to give the other lads a go....which I do not agree with.....or Voges believed Greens Finishing ability with the little balls faced is better than Turner and short...which your strike rates posted above are not

Sorry about the rambling ....I hope it makes sense lol :)

Nah I think we are getting a little bit confused eth in regards to finishing

So they have higher strike rates based on T20 so .....why would you have Green down the order below those two? (which I wouldn't any way except if short opens) as they score more quickly based on least balls faced compared to green...who came in for 2 overs....which he did pretty good any way 13 off 5 balls with a six and four

My rambling aside.......My point is that Green should be given the most balls to face compared to both turner short agar as Green has proven he can go big and score quickly when needed

The only reason I can think this happened ...Voges was trying to give the other lads a go....which I do not agree with.....or Voges believed Greens Finishing ability with the little balls faced is better than Turner and short...which your strike rates posted above are not

Sorry about the rambling ....I hope it makes sense lol :)
Um, you do realize that List A strike rates are completely separate, right? Completely different forms of the game...

Also the captain makes the call, not coach. Turner is seen as a finisher in ODI cricket and he scored 46 from 28. He made the right call.

Um, you do realize that List A strike rates are completely separate, right? Completely different forms of the game...

Also the captain makes the call, not coach. Turner is seen as a finisher in ODI cricket and he scored 46 from 28. He made the right call.

Ah I see the strikes now thought they where just t20 you posted up .lol

but nah voges has a big call in WA cricket not just mitch...I get what you mean with the captains call

and I stick to my previous posts Green bats above those three for me (unless short was opening of course) for any game

It's no use debating it with him.
He has a massive hard-on for Green :)

He wants him in the side in all 3 formats.

SA 1/50 in the 10th over vs Qld. Karen Rolton Oval so you'd probably want 300.

Had been quite a lot of rain forecast for later but it seems like things are looking a little more promising. Might be a few showers through the day though.

Back