• NSW

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • WA

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, I think there's a problem creeping into Australian cricket that many have been ignoring for too long. Aussie batsmen seem incapable of dealing with anything that swings, cuts or spins.
Maybe they're trying to play the aggressive cricket after racking up huge scores at the start of the Sheffield Shield season that ended in draws?

Although the pitch helped the bowlers I reckon Stobbo & Moodys effort in the game have just caused Gannon to tumble further down the pecking order.

Moody was getting some good reverse at the end. Looked good

Although the pitch helped the bowlers I reckon Stobbo & Moodys effort in the game have just caused Gannon to tumble further down the pecking order.

Moody was getting some good reverse at the end. Looked good
Esp Stobo.

Gannon and Moody im still.not sure on

but I do some fragility there with our batting order atm....

just frustrated with Phillppe atm
I’m looking forward to seeing Marsh and Inglis back.
Marsh can take Wyllie’s spot at 3, Inglis take the gloves, and Wyllie can take Phillippe’s spot in the middle order.

Phillippe goes back to Grade, keep Short for now, then those 2 can fight out that spot.

Good start too the season though, and so much room for improvement. No need for frustration, we’re winning. The consistency will come, and we are showing plenty of fight.

I’m looking forward to seeing Marsh and Inglis back.
Marsh can take Wyllie’s spot at 3, Inglis take the gloves, and Wyllie can take Phillippe’s spot in the middle order.

Phillippe goes back to Grade, keep Short for now, then those 2 can fight out that spot.

Good start too the season though, and so much room for improvement. No need for frustration, we’re winning. The consistency will come, and we are showing plenty of fight.
I can't see Short keeping his spot with Agar and or Hardie to return TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Short keeping his spot with Agar and or Hardie to return TBH.
Fair call.
Was more responding to Westend being pissed off with Phillippe, when Short pisses me off, but he’s been ok, like Phillippe was early last year.

I’m not sold on Agat in the Shield side, fan though.

Thoughts on Wyllie slipping back into the middle order when S.Marsh comes back?

Fair call.
Was more responding to Westend being pissed off with Phillippe, when Short pisses me off, but he’s been ok, like Phillippe was early last year.

I’m not sold on Agat in the Shield side, fan though.

Thoughts on Wyllie slipping back into the middle order when S.Marsh comes back?
I hope they keep Wylie at 3 or 4.

Reckon they should probably tap Shaun on the shoulder and just use him in a mentoring role.

I hope they keep Wylie at 3 or 4.

Reckon they should probably tap Shaun on the shoulder and just use him in a mentoring role.
I know people hate on S.Marsh, but he’s a brilliant Shield cricketer, beautiful to watch to at that level.

Interesting decisions, Wyllie is definalely a top order bat, but do we blood him down the order? He’s so young.

Great cricket discussion, sure beats the usual spuds, crabs, pies, roads, the footy fans come up with.

I think S. Marsh is going to play a big part in us going back too back. His experience and skill should consolidate our top order.

I know people hate on S.Marsh, but he’s a brilliant Shield cricketer, beautiful to watch to at that level.

Interesting decisions, Wyllie is definalely a top order bat, but do we blood him down the order? He’s so young.

Great cricket discussion, sure beats the usual spuds, crabs, pies, roads, the footy fans come up with.

I think S. Marsh is going to play a big part in us going back too back. His experience and skill should consolidate our top order.
I'm a big fan of Shauns.

He's nearly 40 and injury prone though.
Just wonder if it's time to move on,

I'd like to keep Fanning in the side if possible.

I'm a big fan of Shauns.

He's nearly 40 and injury prone though.
Just wonder if it's time to move on,

I'd like to keep Fanning in the side if possible.
Yeah..I’m also worried regarding age.Brilliant Shield cricketer though,::
Also keen on giving Fanning some chances, especially if he’s contesting with Short and Phillippe.

Short ahead by a nose, I’m biased though because Short generally pisses me off, played ok this season when called upon.

WA weren't much chop but Blues were worse. The biggest loser for mine was the pitch which made scoring a nitemare. Laden with cracks on first day which widened under the baking sun, then deteriorated further offering reverse swing for the quicks and added bounce and deviation for the spinner.

Another cricketer my state has generously given away.

Last edited:
Changes for the Blues

1. Daniel Hughes
2. Jack Edwards
3. Kurtis Patterson
4. Jason Sangha
5. Moises Henriques
6. Matthew Gilkes
7. Sean Abbott
8. Hayden Kerr
9. Chris Green
10. Chris Tremain
11. Ben Dwarahius

WA weren't much chop but Blues were worse. The biggest loser for mine was the pitch which made scoring a nitemare. Laden with cracks on first day which widened under the baking sun, then deteriorated further offering reverse swing for the quicks and added bounce and deviation for the spinner.

Another cricketer my state has generously given away.
Didn't he move over as a teenager because his parents moved over there for work? Hardly "given away".

Changes for the Blues

1. Daniel Hughes
2. Jack Edwards
3. Kurtis Patterson
4. Jason Sangha
5. Moises Henriques
6. Matthew Gilkes
7. Sean Abbott
8. Hayden Kerr
9. Chris Green
10. Chris Tremain
11. Ben Dwarahius

If only NSW could add Warner,Hazelwood,Cummins,Lyon,Starc and Smith they would be one of the best sides in the shield.

Back