Autopsy R18, 2018 v Gold Coast: One of the biggest upsets in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible loss,but we need to accept we are a team in transition when you consider the fact we have around 10 players with less than 30 games experience.This was never going to be a Premiership year,especially after the loss of Reid,Melican and Naismith who are critical for team structure.A fitter Hannerbery and inclusion of aforementioned talls should see us bounce back with the further development of our younger players.

I'm sure in over ten pages this has been said before, but we lead 40-11 at Quarter Time.

The players did not come back out to play after that point in time, it was blatantly obvious. For me that was just pure arrogance thinking that it would just happen.

In the first quarter we did all the things that were so exciting last week. The team selection didn't change after Quarter Time. The Coaches Game Plan didn't change after Quarter time. The players changed their attitudes and in turn that changed the game. And leaves us where we are now.

What changes? Hopefully it is the kick in the behind required. But then again, I thought the same thing after the Geelong game. Maybe it is an attitude problem that is going to take some time to stamp out that maybe comes with having so many young guys in the side. All I know is that it was embarrassing as a supporter and we can only hope something is done about it.

Stale seeing horse and Blakey- need to go. Fresh eyes, they have been their forever.

Look really unsettled without grundy.

Who’d be a good replacement for horse?

Someone said Caracella. Don’t mind it. Maybe should of given dew the role, hindsight is great ...

Stale seeing horse and Blakey- need to go. Fresh eyes, they have been their forever.

Someone said Caracella. Don’t mind it. Maybe should of given dew the role, hindsight is great ...

How bad are horses pressers so boring. MAybe we get Ross Lyon... lol!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one of the worst games i've ever seen nick smith play. His 2 turnovers cost us the opening 2 goals in the 2nd quarter.

Now we we're lucky last week?

It was one of the all time greatest performances ever by anyone I thought.

Gee whiz it changes quick on here.
I've never changed on here.
I always watch the replay win lose or draw & then make another assessment of the game after the heat is gone.
I'm working this weekend but I'll have another look at the game on Moday arvo.
I think we were lucky last week but it was also one of tbe great performances last week with such a young team & down JPK.
Both can be a correct call.

Replacement for Horse no contest ,Roosey, lure him back out of retirement!!

That was the worst performance i have seen from a swans side. Disgraceful. Aliir was sensational and was the only player providing attacking football after quarter time. I dont care what we do,trade lloyd,trade hanners...we need to do everything we can to sign him up. Thought he was absolutely incredible today

Thought this quote from Longmire was right on the money:

"This game has got an amazing ability to punch you in the nose when you think you're on top of your game, whether it's as individuals or as a team, and we copped a whack."

Not much more that you can say about today that others haven't already said. Time to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and get ready for the Bombers next week at our favourite ground.
Yeah & Ramps also said after quarter time they got a bit too far ahead of themselves.

Was a pointless debut in the end, 2 ruckman don’t work in modern footy, unless one is a really great forward
Are u surprised, this is from the same bloke who thought mark seaby as a super sub was a master stroke.

Our ruck division needs to be sincers and towers, the fact that our head coach doesnt realise is that is more than concerning

I dont know if its a directive from horse or just trying to get a kick, but why buddy is constantly up the groun is beyond me...oppo coaches would be licking their lips when they see it. Also,why is buddy passing up so many shots, that pass to sinclair today was absurd....the most impressive thing horse has done apparently is to sap the confidence of buddy franklin...i didnt think it could be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back