Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

I barely noticed Pendles until junk time… and he was lapping it up then… that’s often a worrying sign.
I’m all for seeing the champ get to 400+ games.
He deserves it, even if he needs to be carried to get there. Many worse players have limped more heavily to a big milestone for what they have achieved for their club. Pendles will still contribute.

Grimes and Prestia (while im a prestia fan his body is cooked i have no idea why a rebuilding side would let him go on unless its for contractual reasons).

Mason Cox should have retired on a high.

Bit early on the Prestia call. Grimes was done last year.
Prestia is out of contract at the end of this year.
There was talk from his camp he wanted to finish his career up in Qld but I’m not sure his form line will carry the appeal for those clubs up there. It might be another short contract at Richmond or bust.

I was half expecting Grimes to call it a day after last season but he seemed determined to turn it around. I think by the half way mark of the season he will make a call and Yze will play a kid in his spot.

I barely noticed Pendles until junk time… and he was lapping it up then… that’s often a worrying sign.

He, like many of his teammates, played below par in their loss. But he is still top 5-10 imo for their team and a valuable contributor to their success last year. When he calls time their midfield will certainly feel it.

I’m all for seeing the champ get to 400+ games.
He deserves it, even if he needs to be carried to get there. Many worse players have limped more heavily to a big milestone for what they have achieved for their club. Pendles will still contribute.

I'm not.

If he's still a valuable best 22 players, sure. But if he isn't (and he isn't looking like it right now), no he shouldn't. What he did in the past shouldn't matter.

No it's not. The signs have been there for a while but the entirety of the footy media are too sycophantic and gutless to say it.
11 possesions in the last quarter of the Grannie and was one of the reasons they got the win.

That was one game ago.
Doubt a guy his age who’s put his body through that many pre-seasons would be aiming to play his best in Rnd 0

I'm not.

If he's still a valuable best 22 players, sure. But if he isn't (and he isn't looking like it right now), no he shouldn't. What he did in the past shouldn't matter.
One poor game and straight away the knives are out. It was only the game before last night, he was instrumental in delivering the pies their 16th premiership. Was BOG in the final quarter. The overreactions from media and social media alike after round zero are just insane

Back